JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Taurus P247/G2 .40 that I actually enjoy shooting, pretty accurate. After about 250 rounds the slide locks in the rear position after each shot and has to be struck pretty hard to reset. At first I thought it was a magazine related issue and I had it looked at by Threat Dynamics staff. They shot it, took it a part, looked at it and discovered that the recoil spring was warped/bent. This was back in March of this year so I instantly called Taurus as I'm still under warranty. They said they could ship me a new recoil spring but it was on back order. They told me June since it shipped from Brazil.

Well, It's November 17th...I have no recoil spring and every time I call they say they still have no ETA on the parts coming in. I could send the gun in for warranty repair, but it will sit on their shelf until a recoil spring magically appears! This is the most preposterous customer service I can imagine. Wouldn't a common part to a common gun be readily available?

So I'm left with the question: Is there a gun smith near me (McMinnville) that can replace the spring without waiting on the manufacturer? Is there after market parts or would that make things worse?

This isn't my EDC its just a home gun that I like to shoot from time to time and after this I wouldn't rely on it for EDC. I know, I know...It's a 'budget gun'. I carry a S&W every day, its rock solid and my Shotty and AR15 or my home defenders, but I'm pissed beyond belief that more than half a year could elapse waiting for...a spring...

/rant off

There is Dominion Accuracy out of Amity. I can't comment on their work but I did a job for them on their house and they seem like really good people. They gave me a tour of their shop and they have a nice clean shop with guns on display for sale and ammo as well. Their website:
http://www.dominionaccuracy.com/

Last Edited:
Does it have a captive recoil spring? If not there should be something out there that would work from Wolf, or somebody else.

The web site pretty much says you're screwed as far as parts from them...
https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=743&category=Pistol

"No longer in production and/or imported"

Lordy, even if you buy a High Point at least the company is still there when the thing breaks to replace the parts!

I heard from a local guy that the Springfield XD spring works with a slight modification.

I'm with you @Mikej talk about bad customer service. Just kept repeating 'I'm sorry sir we have nothing to send you. I'm sorry sir...'. So I asked, 'Well do you have a pistol on the shelf you could take the spring out of, something??? I've paid for this thing... 'I'm sorry sir we have nothing to send you...'

I heard from a local guy that the Springfield XD spring works with a slight modification.

I'm with you @Mikej talk about bad customer service. Just kept repeating 'I'm sorry sir we have nothing to send you. I'm sorry sir...'. So I asked, 'Well do you have a pistol on the shelf you could take the spring out of, something??? I've paid for this thing... 'I'm sorry sir we have nothing to send you...'

Sorry to hear about the service. I have a MP core and it like the other m&p's use a captive spring set up.

I called wolf spring co. And talked about what options they had for me as I needed to change for say various reasons (load development for USPSA ).

Very smart people... there and in the end they come up with a guide rod and spring system to replace the one I had.

Take a picture just in case they would like to see the set up. They didn't need it in my case, but if asked you can e mail it to them to help them come up with a Fast response.

I highly recommend Wolf! They also came up with replacement mag springs for my Springfield EMP that work in place of the stock one that Springfield won't sell to you.

Good luck, I'm sure they can help you out.

Wolf has guide rods also and they will KIT you up as they did me.

And I've had no trouble at all with what they come up with. And have a few thousand rounds shot with their kit..

It's easier for them to use there rods as they know all dimensions.

I'd say get a Glock but I had a factory rod turn to powder on me so I would never say that. lol
Thankfully it seems there's after-market support for your rig.
Please let us know how it's ultimately made right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top