JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this the same @wired from Yakima I thought he went to California

You know I had a job all lined up in Fresno but about two weeks before I was supposed to leave I got a call from a place in Charlotte and they wanted me to come down for an interview . I told my wife I didnt see the point. Her response was

"I want you to go to the interview and keep an open mind...And then I want you to take the job in Charlotte!"

So I did. I grew up around the Greenville SC area anyway so this is like coming home but its nothing like it was when I was a kid. Felt kinda bad about turning the job down in Fresno but its for the best for my situation. Guns, cars etc. I wont live in North Carolina. They have crappy gun laws. You need a permission slip from the sheriff to buy a handgun, NFA is really weird etc, taxes suck but South Carolina is alright by me. Remember Fort Mill and Rock Hill are suburbs of Charlotte . Best of both worlds. I can work in the city and live in a state that values freedom.

Bought a house in Fort Mill on an acre with a nice 3 car garage . Set back from the road so theres plenty of privacy . Immaculate place. This whole area is exploding in people. 110 people a day moving to the Charlotte Metro area in the last 3 years. Seems like 1/2 of New York is here.

fMXtmQ.jpg

Last Edited:
You know I had a job all lined up in Fresno but about two weeks before I was supposed to leave I got a call from a place in Charlotte and they wanted me to come down for an interview . I told my wife I didnt see the point. Her response was

"I want you to go to the interview and keep an open mind...And then I want you to take the job in Charlotte!"

So I did. I grew up around the Greenville SC area anyway so this is like coming home but its nothing like it was when I was a kid. Felt kinda bad about turning the job down in Fresno but its for the best for my situation. Guns, cars etc. I wont live in North Carolina. They have crappy gun laws. You need a permission slip from the sheriff to buy a handgun, NFA is really weird etc, taxes suck but South Carolina is alright by me. Remember Fort Mill and Rock Hill are suburbs of Charlotte . Best of both worlds. I can work in the city and live in a state that values freedom.

Bought a house in Fort Mill on an acre with a nice 3 car garage . Set back from the road so theres plenty of privacy . Immaculate place. This whole area is exploding in people. 110 people a day moving to the Charlotte Metro area in the last 3 years. Seems like 1/2 of New York is here.

View attachment 580757
Nice I go to south Carolina almost every year.
I love it down there.
And if I could do what you did I would move tomorrow.
Lol @Boboclown is in North Carolina.

Bought a house in South Carolina this morning ...or at least my offer on one was accepted, so like everyone else when confronted with a new life milestone I buy or build a gun.

I like your style. :s0155:

Your wife sounds much smarter than you, you should be grateful and continue to listen to her.

Felt kinda bad about turning the job down in Fresno but its for the best for my situation. Guns, cars etc. I wont live in North Carolina. They have crappy gun laws.

Have you checked out California gun laws lately? Fresno is dog****, you're much better off where you are. See previous statement.

I like your style. :s0155:

Your wife sounds much smarter than you, you should be grateful and continue to listen to her.

Have you checked out California gun laws lately? Fresno is dog****, you're much better off where you are. See previous statement.

Agree to all of the above. She is much smarter than me and I have always listened to her .

FWIW though the job in Fresno was a much better job. Not in pay but the job itself was maybe not my dream job but pretty close. The one in Charlotte is crazy good pay wise but its one of those companies that want you there a LOT..

Last Edited:
Agree to all of the above. She is much smarter than me and I have always listened to her .

FWIW though the job in Fresno was a much better job. Not in pay but the job itself was maybe not my dream job but pretty close. The one in Charlotte is crazy good pay wise but its one of those companies that want you there a LOT..

The job thing is easy to fix, you can't fix Fresno.

My date and I went to a local sporting goods store. The guy must have found my date attractive, so he kept yapping and telling her stuff.

He decided to explain what an out of battery meant with a XDM. He had already safety checked it minutes before. So he points and makes contact with the muzzle end to the right side of his chest. Then he pulls the dang trigger.

I was like..... ain't nobody got time for this lol and we left after thanking him for his time. I get it, it was safety checked and safe but I still wouldn't do that unless I had a dummy barrel installed or I had body armor on.

I personally didn't have a good feeling about what he did. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I should have said something to him but I didn't. I think the pretty girl flushed all the blood out of his brain and relocated it all down south hahahahah.

My date and I went to a local sporting goods store. The guy must have found my date attractive, so he kept yapping and telling her stuff.

He decided to explain what an out of battery meant with a XDM. He had already safety checked it minutes before. So he points and makes contact with the muzzle end to the right side of his chest. Then he pulls the dang trigger.

I was like..... ain't nobody got time for this lol and we left after thanking him for his time. I get it, it was safety checked and safe but I still wouldn't do that unless I had a dummy barrel installed or I had body armor on.

I personally didn't have a good feeling about what he did. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I should have said something to him but I didn't. I think the pretty girl flushed all the blood out of his brain and relocated it all down south hahahahah.

Wow. I mean wow!

Guy deserves a few kicks in the nads with steal toes. And I do not utilities that punishment all "Willy Nilly" and such.

It's guys like him which get all of the rest of us in a bad light, when his "unloaded" firearm wounds/mames/kills himself or an innocent.

Jackass!!

I've only had a gun pointed at me once in a gun store. With a pistol. From about three feet. I did a 'tactical' handgun removal and applied it to his front teeth. He was quite upset, but, I bleeve, got my point of view entirely.

Last Edited:
Being in NC I've heard both spectrums of a caliber being too small or too big for whitetail. 7.62x54r is too big for deer, .223 is enough. .223 is too small you need .308. o_O

On my first deer hunt in Montana in 2001 my guide asked me why I had brought a elk rifle.

I was carrying a Remington 700 KS chambered in .30-06, which while it was perfectly suited as a elk rifle, I thought it just fine for mule deer as well.

Many of the locals were very fond of the .222 -.223 - .22-250 class of cartridges for deer.

E

On my first deer hunt in Montana in 2001 my guide asked me why I had brought a elk rifle.

I was carrying a Remington 700 KS chambered in .30-06, which while it was perfectly suited as a elk rifle, I thought it just fine for mule deer as well.

Many of the locals were very fond of the .222 -.223 - .22-250 class of cartridges for deer.

E
Either cause the locals knew how to shoot, and/or hunted. Lot of the folks who say a .30 cal is needed for whitetail falls into a category where they can't shoot or don't hunt. A .30 cal won't help the first, its irrelevant for the latter.

Using a .30 cal is fine, but its not necessary (but if only one round for hunting overall .308/.30-06 to cover more bases).

Either cause the locals knew how to shoot, and/or hunted. Lot of the folks who say a .30 cal is needed for whitetail falls into a category where they can't shoot or don't hunt. A .30 cal won't help the first, its irrelevant for the latter.

Using a .30 cal is fine, but its not necessary (but if only one round for hunting overall .308/.30-06 to cover more bases).

I partly agree. Montana has the luxury of a long season that goes through the rut. Residents can wait for the right opportunity to use the .22 cal tack drivers.

They have a pretty relaxed attitude toward deer hunting. On that same trip we were driving around the perimeter of a wheat field that had a deep coulee on one side. The little finger draws that led up to the field were plowed bare with deer track.

I asked our guide if we should maybe go down there. He replied "I can't get the jeep in there if you get one". :D

The temperature was 60 degrees that day. Two days later we woke up to 25 degrees and snowing and the the next morning -4 degrees. Deer hunting got real easy that day.

E

Last Edited:
I've only had a gun pointed at me once in a gun store. With a pistol. From about three feet. I did a 'tactical' handgun removal and broke it on his front teeth. He was quite upset, but, I bleeve, got my point of view entirely.

This sounds dubious at best. I don't see a metal anything breaking on someone's front teeth

"If I have any trouble with ATF, I'm going to tell them that you said it was OK."
I've only had a gun pointed at me once in a gun store. With a pistol. From about three feet. I did a 'tactical' handgun removal and applied it to his front teeth. He was quite upset, but, I bleeve, got my point of view entirely.
He's lucky that you didn't do the "tactical" handgun insertion.

:)

E

I wasn't aware that there were anything besides varmint loads for .22-250. Not sure what I think about .223 for mule deer, but I suppose if in the hands of a marksman it would be ok.

30-06 for mule deer... why not... plenty of big mulies out there! Most deer hunters back in the day carried either a sporterized '03 or a 30-30. Seems weird to have a preference for smaller calibers, but I sure liked my .243 for mulies, and some folks considered that to be too small. IMO there are too many opinions on what is the right caliber for any damn thing. :rolleyes:

".308 Winchester is not big enough for elk."
I use a .577 for moles in the yard. I place a microphone in the tunnel and when the mole passes the surveillance point I fire down into the lawn. Kills 'em every time and fun too! :D

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top