JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a house in South Carolina this morning ...or at least my offer on one was accepted, so like everyone else when confronted with a new life milestone I buy or build a gun. I had a SIG Rattler top end I picked up on a pretty good sale last week so I went shopping for a virgin lower to build a handy pistol with. The local gun shop ( They have some GREAT gun shops in the Charlotte area ) here was pushing Anderson Lowers but Ive had problems with those things in the past . They had a few Ruger 556 lowers in stock ( You know old Bill is ROLLING in his grave ) so I grabbed one. The guy behind the counter , who I think was the manager , asked me what caliber I was building . I told him it was a 300 Blackout SIG Rattler upper. He said I couldnt do that because the lower was is marked 556. I told him no, that is completely wrong and that

a. Not only is the lower not marked for caliber ( AR-556 is the model designation not a caliber designation. ) there is no such thing as a caliber on a lower . Its just a lower until its built into a gun. The caliber markings do not need to be present on anything but NFA if a end user buildss the gun.

b. It doesnt matter anyway. Apparently his ATF guy told him they have to build whats on the lower . I told him THEY have to build whats on the lower as a licensed 02/07 SOT and that doesnt apply to me as a builder.

He wasnt having any of it. Went off mumbling about me going to jail if I get caught and its not his fault.

Gun shops...Theyre the same everywhere.

kMhBqJ.jpg

Oh! Oh! I have one! Some big bald Oakley wearing doosh followed me with the muzzle of a shotgun pumping and pulling the trigger deliberately as a clerk watched. I was too busy trying to pick my jaw up off the floor to say anything. I never went back there. Was in Phoenix, AZ.

I kind of wonder about that. Their website says serialized items only at their store. Its only 80 miles away.

Honestly don't recall what there offerings were for uppers at the store, just recall it being pretty big. Many aisles & decently sized gun counter.

Might be worth giving them a call first if you want to check out just uppers / barrels etc tho.

Goodly sized Sportsmans Warehouse up the road from there a little as well. IIRC, one of the bigger ones back East. Like a "normal" sized one here.

All AR LOWERS ARE SOLD as other .
They might say 5.56 .
But the 300 BLACK out use the same shell .
If you are just buying a LOWER .
It doesn't matter until you put a short barrel on it less than 16 inch with a adjustable stock .
THEN IT BECOMES A SBR.

Awesome to see you sticking around the PNW forum whilst down south @wired , hopefully enjoying the finer things the south has to offer!

Geeze, when I bought a house it was always stock up on beans and Ramen noodles, not go buy gun parts. :)

I owned a house in Charlotte for awhile. I moved down there just in time to get hit by hurricane Hugo. You could see just how much of a war zone Charlotte looked from the 20th floor of the high rise I worked in. There are only a few Southern cities I'd live in and Charlotte was one of them. Great city.

Mike

Geeze, when I bought a house it was always stock up on beans and Ramen noodles, not go buy gun parts. :)

I owned a house in Charlotte for awhile. I moved down there just in time to get hit by hurricane Hugo. You could see just how much of a war zone Charlotte looked from the 20th floor of the high rise I worked in. There are only a few Southern cities I'd live in and Charlotte was one of them. Great city.

Mike
Lol really Charlotte is North Carolina.

But any way the big city's down south are the pretty much the same as here ran by LIBRAL idiots.
Going to trash.
Only a few remaining to the right

Sounds like you're near Rockhill, SC. I grew up in Charleston.

Palmetto State Armory does sell all of the products that they have online in the stores as well.

Idiot employees are everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR