JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"nitpicky" about calling a Concealed Pistol License a CPL. That's what it is in WA, it only covers carrying a concealed pistol, not even knives are covered by it. If it was a Concealed Weapons Permit it could cover knives, brass knuckles, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Swords too. LOL

a vehicle iused as a camper or residence, no matter how primitive or temporary, qualifies as a "dwelling".... you're sleeping in it. Can't recall exactly, but I believe Washington is a "Castle Doctrine" state, which allows having and using, if necessary, protective weapons in one's "dwelling" (motor home included).

Drive to the camp with the arm unloaded, ammunition in separate container, and when you're there, camp set up, and vehicle turned into "dwelling", go ahead and load it, but keep it out of sight so no one looking in can see it. Lock the vehicle whenever you are not right there.

Good move, getting the Mother May I card..... that puts an end to a whole lot of potential "crimes" one would never even think of being crimes. You can ONLY use that thing if someone is actively breaking in to the occupied van, or has already done so.

Yeah, I hear you.

When your born into this world in diapers and a six shooter all this none sense is ridiculous. It's just job security for some freaken lawyer in some dank dark closet type of office.

So, in summary:

You have the right to a firearm in your vehicle while camping. (per US Constitution)

Your state (WA) tries to limit that right with a law preventing loaded guns in a car.

Your state (WA) exempts you from that law if you have the proper concealed permit OR you can show that you are engaging (or travelling) to an "outdoor activity" such as "camping".

So, depending on your own interpretation, you either:
A) Carry -- because the US Constitution allows it.
B) Carry -- because you are exempt from the law because you are "camping"
C) Carry -- because you went through the concealed permit hassle
D) Don't carry because you don't think it is legal

So, in summary:

You have the right to a firearm in your vehicle while camping. (per US Constitution)

Your state (WA) tries to limit that right with a law preventing loaded guns in a car.

Your state (WA) exempts you from that law if you have the proper concealed permit OR you can show that you are engaging (or travelling) to an "outdoor activity" such as "camping".

So, depending on your own interpretation, you either:
A) Carry -- because the US Constitution allows it and you have a big pair
B) Carry -- because you are exempt from the law because you are "camping" ,you have a pair and some reading comprehension
C) Carry -- because you went through the concealed permit hassle you may or may not have a pair
D) Don't carry because you don't think it is legal and you've had them cut off (or they never grew)

for clarity :s0112:

Really? Wow! Had I not had BOTH for the last 20+ years,I would never have know that.
You is a brill ant Mo Fo.

And as I said it didn't really matter IN THIS CONTEXT.

Or did this thread change to a new topic?

Y'all are WAY too anal about insignificant little BS on this forum.
Kinda like this is all you know in the world,so you want to show everyone ALL YOU KNOW?

Just sayin':s0155::s0155:

Seems someone is a little more anal than the rest of us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top