JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"James Davis Sr., a part-time police officer in the Chicago suburb of Bellwood. "
He lives in Chicago, they register everything. Also, if it was his duty weapon, the police would have a record on it.

dang, that was an easy one then. I was wondering if it was some state or local registration but couldn't find anything with a quick google.

Chicago is in a Whole Different World so I'm not surprised. Also the Dad was a Chicago Cop and of course their Guns are going to be registered.

yeah, I overlooked the part in the article about the dad being a cop, I should slow down when I read these things before doing a quick post to create discussion.

feds are supposed to destroy the record within 24hrs, but reality is if you buy a new gun and its found at a crime scene... your gonna get a knock on the door.

In Oregon, the State Police are required to keep the BGC record for five years. I seriously doubt they find time to delete it after the five years is up.

Every 4 years and 8 months to be exact and before I had my 1980 class C conviction expunged, I had to go through background check hell with the OSP every 5 years.
It wasn't such a big deal years ago, but when I really started to add to my collection it became an imperative to clear up my record.
If it wasn't for Tigard Pawn 4 Less, I would still be waiting for the OSP to release my purchases.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top