JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun Registration :

When we think of gun registration the general public sees this as a way to retrieve a stole firearm or to trace a criminal act while in the use of a firearm. Both are false, in the small areas of the country where these registration have occurred and become law there is no record of any retrieval of a stolen firearms being returned to its owner, and there are only a very few crimes that are ever tied to non-owners committing the crime with the firearms. Why? Because criminals do not use guns they own or have bought legally, and when they steal a firearm if its for a criminals act and not to sell out of country they remove the serial number.

So if the act is not to hold people accountable, or to help solve crime what purpose does a registration serve?

The reality is , gun registrations do one thing and one thing only that is tie the firearm to the person whom bought it. If you see the move to ban so called Assault Weapons in areas that have already previously required registration you see clear a pattern of desired gun registration.

I did allot of looking around before I posted that and nothing is out there all I see is people fighting to get firearms back when the rarity they fight one, hardly a law needed to protect the gun owner and public when it does neither.
It also dose something else.

It let's us know the Frog is just about cooked. o_O

Death by a thousand cuts seems their specialty.

Sons ex girl friend stole 2 guns from him and 1 gun from me. Reported them to Clackamas County Sheriff. Got mine back 2 years later and the son got one 8 years later third gun still out there. So if you report a gun stolen and keep an active report going you may get lucky. So why do we need to register them the system that's there works just fine.

Back in the '70-'80s I was a LEO and I did return at least four (4) Pistols using the information from the WA State forms. I can say they do work.:):):)

--no word yet on when I might ever see it again
I'd suggest you contact an Attorney. Maybe even the City Attorney about the return of your property. Now, if you have received an Insurance settlement, then you may be out of Luck. Depending on what the local Laws say. None of the Guns I returned had been insured, so they were returned.

Think about the current universal background laws.
By forcing us to complete a background check they not only know what firearms you have they also eliminate the excuse after the ban that you could say you sold them, because if you did either you sold them illegally or your lying.

Universal back ground laws are a precurser

By forcing us to complete a background check they not only know what firearms you have they also eliminate the excuse after the ban that you could say you sold them, because if you did either you sold them illegally or your lying.

Yep as I explained in another post, 8/2015 SB941 went into effect. 1. So you buy a new firearm after that and sold it to a private party without a FFL you are now a criminal. 2. So you bought a firearm from someone after 8/2015 and didnt use a FFL you are now a criminal. Well you were before but since KateFlush it down brown allowed OSP to keep records longer they now know who bought what banned weapons and when if that ballot passes. Not only that they have a list already of whom bought these AR-15's (and other banned)so if you don't register don't matter as OSP knows who you are and what you bought. But its worse if you are 1 or 2 as you can't even register it without being asked how you got it without a FFL or asked where yer gun go ? Its bad real bad and easy peazy to make examples without breaking a sweat.

I'd suggest you contact an Attorney. Maybe even the City Attorney about the return of your property. Now, if you have received an Insurance settlement, then you may be out of Luck. Depending on what the local Laws say. None of the Guns I returned had been insured, so they were returned.

The city told me they have not yet decided on whether to prosecute the person caught with my stolen gun & they have a year to think about it--Of course they can't return my gun cause it may be needed for evidence:eek::eek:

Yep as I explained in another post, 8/2015 SB941 went into effect. 1. So you buy a new firearm after that and sold it to a private party without a FFL you are now a criminal. 2. So you bought a firearm from someone after 8/2015 and didnt use a FFL you are now a criminal. Well you were before but since KateFlush it down brown allowed OSP to keep records longer they now know who bought what banned weapons and when if that ballot passes. Not only that they have a list already of whom bought these AR-15's (and other banned)so if you don't register don't matter as OSP knows who you are and what you bought. But its worse if you are 1 or 2 as you can't even register it without being asked how you got it without a FFL or asked where yer gun go ? Its bad real bad and easy peazy to make examples without breaking a sweat.

Breaking a sweat will be the least of their worries, they'll wind up being too afraid to even don the uniform for fear of a drive-by or walk-up assasination... grey men are EVERYWHERE.

Let's HOPE it doesn't come to that! :(

I'm sure I must be missing something here; if I sell a gun to someone which includes a BG check of the buyer, how do "they" know what guns I have? Seems to me all "they" know about is a gun I no longer have.

I think we can all agree that selling a gun, or any regulated item, illegally, or telling lies is conduct unbecoming of a law abiding person. On the other hand, toothless unenforceable laws are stupid. And of course, some laws are stupid to start with. UBC laws are stupid if for no other reason than we all know who obeys laws, and who doesn't.

The National Crime Information Database serviced by the FBI has been around for decades. That's where law enforcement agencies report the information that their departments generate based on local crimes. They need certain information to enter the loss into the database particular to the firearm. Such as type, manufacturer, caliber and serial number. The people reporting this information and those taking down the report are only human. So, if someone reports the the make of their M1 Rifle as a "Garand," it may never be matched up with its former owner. Because the piece doesn't say "Garand" on it, the recovering officer and any subsequent reviewer back at the station may never make the connection. Another problem, you'd be surprised how many people don't know the serial number of their firearm.

Sometimes it takes years for stolen firearms to resurface in a way that they come to the attention of law enforcement. In the meantime, the former owner may have moved away. There is no automatic or comprehensive method of keeping local police reports updated as to when victims move. And that is the important pivot point; if a gun is recovered somewhere across the US, NCID will call the department that initially filed the loss into the system. If that agency doesn't know where the victim currently lives, the recovery and return is dead. A victim can try to keep the local department updated, but it just depends on who gets the report at the local precinct. Some offices simply don't have the manpower to dig back, find a report, and attach updating information.

I've had two rifles reported as stolen, were listed on NCID. I got one back several years later. The other was never heard about again. There were complications, I'd moved to another state in the meantime. It was only because a detective was dogged in his looking back through the case. When he found out I'd moved, he called my former employer who was listed on the crime report, they gave him my new address. The other rifle that was never recovered, it was a US Carbine M1, probably not properly identified on the initial report, also the ID information was kinda hidden under the rear sight. So a return after a recovery is dependent upon a lot of little details and how sharp are the multiple people involved in handling the recoveries.

Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words.

equal judgment.jpg

Breaking a sweat will be the least of their worries, they'll wind up being too afraid to even don the uniform for fear of a drive-by or walk-up assasination... grey men are EVERYWHERE.

Let's HOPE it doesn't come to that! :(
I am pretty sure they are oblivious the sheet storm, that coming if this passes.

Jay walking could be turned into a punishment of the death penalty, if the government deems it so. The draconian laws that have little to no effect on crime. A banned bump or slide fire stock have penalties in some places worse than the NFA automatics they are said to mimic.

When someone says I'm being extreme, I ask why are there so many refugees and where are they coming from? That's not some long removed history. That's now. London, Sweden, Germany already know what we will soon find out. We can't read the future but we can prepare for it regardless of that paid actress Kate Brown.

Last Edited:
I know the serial number for all my guns. If any are ever stolen it is my responsibility to report them stolen...I do not need to have them registered for that or for any other reason.
Registering guns pretty much defeats the whole idea of having a second amendment.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top