JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did it for two years in Washington until I got burned out by the defeatists. But I also know that I doubled my vote every time that I got someone registered to vote. The state of Washington would send me a box of a thousand printed voter registration forms mailed to my door for free. They also had the rules of voter registration drives listed on their website where one orders the forms. If you do this be sure to read and follow the rules on voter registration.

Many of the low information types in Oregon are about to get an education in civics when this new law goes into effect. Stupid people can only learn from pain and they are about to wake up after they get a kick in the balls by this new law. This will be a good time to do voter registration drives at Oregon gun shows.

Hold-a-Voter-Registration-Drive_20200114152445481246.jpg

FYI - In Oregon motor voter laws have made that a moot point. In addition they have removed the class of 'inactive voters' from the lexicon. In this election even if you hadn't voted in ten years, you still got a ballot.

The weak spot is signature verification.

FYI - In Oregon motor voter laws have made that a moot point. In addition they have removed the class of 'inactive voters' from the lexicon. In this election even if you hadn't voted in ten years, you still got a ballot.

They got motor voter registration in Washington too but alot of people are not registered to vote because it is not compulsory.

Surprise surprise, how many people who get free hand-outs from the government are obviously going to continue to vote for people who give them free handouts i.e. Democrats... we don't want those pesky signature and ID verification requirements to get in the way of all that do we??

Bored The Office GIF

Last Edited:
They got motor voter registration in Washington too but alot of people are not registered to vote because it is not compulsory.
It's opt out here. Not in.
https://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Pages/motor-voter-faq.aspx
Opting out is simple. The Elections Division will send you information on Oregon Motor Voter that explains your automatic voter registration options. If you don't want to be registered, just check the box on the OMV Card to opt out (decline registration), sign it, and drop it in the mail. A pre-paid postage envelope is included with your OMV letter.

It's opt out here. Not in.
https://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Pages/motor-voter-faq.aspx
Opting out is simple. The Elections Division will send you information on Oregon Motor Voter that explains your automatic voter registration options. If you don't want to be registered, just check the box on the OMV Card to opt out (decline registration), sign it, and drop it in the mail. A pre-paid postage envelope is included with your OMV letter.
In that case, the next election will likely be different as the low information types get a kick in the balls when they find out they have to get a license from the state to buy a gun.

In that case, the next election will likely be different as the low information types get a kick in the balls when they find out they have to get a license from the state to buy a gun.
Agreed..
If we were really organized we'd use the forum of booths at gun shows to draft a large cadre of signature gathers who would dedicate 90 days of their time collecting signatures for an initiative to undo the legislation the super majority did during the 'pandemic'. Start with removing the SOS authority to accept ballots up to 1 week after the close of an election.

To me we need to focus on the areas that are bringing us down. Two new voters in a red county won't help. I believe every tent in Portland counted as a blue vote.

I watch groups bringing propane bottles and food to tent cities ⛺️. I thought it was the hippie dippy, dopey backwards way of thinking they are helping. Now I see it as another branch of welfare. "You want to be left alone? Burn out on your drug of choice? All it cost is a blue vote".

This is happening at the backdrop of $600k new home builds and new $2000 mo apartments. It's not only gun control, it's to shore up for the next attack on whatever. Compared Washington County to 10 yrs ago or just 3 election cycles.

Washington County had been more or less what Orange County, CA is. It's where the cops and conservatives live. When you cross from LA to Orange county, you knew it. Now not so much. WC needs to be a focus area because maybe it's not too far gone.

Agreed..
If we were really organized we'd use the forum of booths at gun shows to draft a large cadre of signature gathers who would dedicate 90 days of their time collecting signatures for an initiative to undo the legislation the super majority did during the 'pandemic'. Start with removing the SOS authority to accept ballots up to 1 week after the close of an election.
Unfortunately we aren't that organized or dedicated.

I watch groups bringing propane bottles and food to tent cities ⛺️. I thought it was the hippie dippy, dopey backwards way of thinking they are helping. Now I see it as another branch of welfare. "You want to be left alone? Burn out on your drug of choice? All it cost is a blue vote".
Ballot harvesting

Oregon SoS even went so far as to refused to remove dead voters from the roles. If people are serious about getting involved instead of just being keyboard commandos, Oregon Peoples Vote is a good place to start.

This will be the third time that I've posted this link and mentioned them on this forum. As far as I know, not a single member here has been to any of the Tuesday night meetings, has volunteered computer services, to be a poll watcher, or to do door to door polling. I challenge you to get involved.

Are not Oregonians registered to vote when they get a drivers license?

In January 2016 Oregon's voter registration law, Oregon Motor Voter, took effect.

Oregon Motor Voter is modernizing voter registration in Oregon by providing a secure, simple, and convenient way for more Oregonians to become registered voters.

Expand all

How does Oregon Motor Voter work?︿
Under the old system, most Oregonians needed to take a separate step to register to vote at the DMV after obtaining or renewing their driver license. This law makes voter registration automatic, shifting from an opt-in process to an opt-out process. It eliminates the need to fill out the voter registration card for those with qualifying interactions at the DMV. Instead, eligible Oregonians will receive a mailing from the Oregon Elections Division explaining their options for registering to vote.

SO how many people walking into a gun show that aren't kid not going to be registered to vote already?

Perhaps if the people who don't want to bother with voting weren't browbeat into voting on things without learning about them we wouldn't be in this mess. Leave the voting to those willing to make an effort. @&$% those who won't!!

I work Fri/Sat and sometimes catch one or two gunshows late on Sunday. Granted, I go to the shows more for accessories than firearms these days. I wonder what the state of gunshows will be for the short term.

I wonder if posting current initiatives, Bills and things being focused for gun rights can be added to any booth. I don't know what the set up is because I never noticed a voter booth at the shows I've been to.

Are not Oregonians registered to vote when they get a drivers license?

In January 2016 Oregon's voter registration law, Oregon Motor Voter, took effect.

Oregon Motor Voter is modernizing voter registration in Oregon by providing a secure, simple, and convenient way for more Oregonians to become registered voters.

Expand all

How does Oregon Motor Voter work?︿
Under the old system, most Oregonians needed to take a separate step to register to vote at the DMV after obtaining or renewing their driver license. This law makes voter registration automatic, shifting from an opt-in process to an opt-out process. It eliminates the need to fill out the voter registration card for those with qualifying interactions at the DMV. Instead, eligible Oregonians will receive a mailing from the Oregon Elections Division explaining their options for registering to vote.

SO how many people walking into a gun show that aren't kid not going to be registered to vote already?
Starting Jan. 1, 2021, people in Oregon are no longer required to provide proof of legal presence or citizenship to get a driver's license. You do not need a Social Security number or a United States birth certificate. A driver's license should not be confused with the Real ID.

This was on the site @PiratePast40 referenced. It is a must watch for those that care about this country.

from one of their play books
1668695161243.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR