JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It does not happen often, but once in a while a forum member who claims to own firearms will argue against the ownership of certain kind of firearm for some reason. Reasons I have seen include "that's illegal" or "just good for killing".

Take a look here on this thread devoted to promoting the legalization of silencer use in Washington State. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24521&page=3 post #26.

Is there any excuse for this behavior? I was recently banned from http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/index.php for zealously promoting the right to keep and bear arms, something that some gun owners think is immoral. I think at least one forum member would feel very much at home there.

Ranb

It does not happen often, but once in a while a forum member who claims to own firearms will argue against the ownership of certain kind of firearm for some reason. Reasons I have seen include "that's illegal" or "just good for killing".

Take a look here on this thread devoted to promoting the legalization of silencer use in Washington State. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24521&page=3 post #26.

Is there any excuse for this behavior? I was recently banned from http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/index.php for zealously promoting the right to keep and bear arms, something that some gun owners think is immoral. I think at least one forum member would feel very much at home there.

Ranb

You two should have a kissing match to figure it all out, wtf is the point in whining about someone else's opinion... Dont like it? Ignore it... Im sure you sure as bubblegum wouldnt like some of mine... Do I give a bubblegum??? Absolutely.... NOT... Its sad that people rent space in their tiny little brains to such trivial crap when there are so many more important issues to worry about... LIk3 Z0mB13Z

+1 Let him have his opinion. Besides, he is not ranting about gun ownership, but, specifically about suppressors. Most of us do not agree with him. I am going deft, and the wide variety of frequencies my tinnitus tosses at me is mindboggling. I appreciate the relief suppressors bring to my hobby. I don't appreciate the high cost of ownership associated to them, though.

.....Its sad that people rent space in their tiny little brains to such trivial crap when there are so many more important issues to worry about... LIk3 Z0mB13Z

Living in a state where one of my hobbies is illegal is not trivial crap. How long do guns remain legal when even gun owners are trying to get them banned?

Ranb

ranb, Legally silencers are firearms Excuse me? Break that sentence down, silencers are firearms? Next time you go to the range I'll loan you a handful of ammo and watch you shoot it out of your silencer only. That sounds like liberal progressive lawyer double speak bull crap. I sincerely doubt very many silencers, if any, have put rounds down range without the FIREARM!!!!

It is not that simple ZeeZee. For example, the receiver of a firearm is considered to be the firearm - the rest of the gun is just parts. You can't fire a cartridge with just the receiver but the BATFE thinks it is the firearm.

What's the old adage; law can upset reason but reason must never be allowed to upset the law. Lord have mercy if common sense should ever break out.

zeezee,
Its true, the batfe has things all jacked up. Just try owning an AR-15 upper with a 12" barrel and an AR rifle with no dedicated "pistol" lower receiver. They will sure as pie bust you for owning a short barrel rifle even if it were not installed. The upper receiver is not a gun.

First its the full auto's, then its the silencers, next black rifles, before long its lever actions and then rocks. If you give an inch, they will take it all. Also, keep in mind, it (gun owning and shooting) may be a hobby for you, but its a right protected by a specific amendment designated for the sole purpose of guaranteeing all other God given rights. That is why the 2A states "...shall not be infringed".

Personally I wouldn't lose sleep over not being welcome in a gun forum where all aspects of the 2nd Amendment weren't promoted.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
You may have been banned over there, but I for one will welcome you here!

In my mind if it has a serial# and has to be registerd it should be treated as a firearm.

I don't register my guns, wouldn't live in a state that demanded it but you go ahead and do as you please. Next thing you know they are going to demand you put noise makers on your arrows.

Law can upset reason but reason cannot upset the law. Pray for common sense to break out.

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams or "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson

All laws restricting firearms are UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Including concealed carry permits, bans on areas, or states or parks or anywhere. Read the Constitution.

What's the old adage; law can upset reason but reason must never be allowed to upset the law. Lord have mercy if common sense should ever break out.

Common sense like silencers are a good thing? I am still waiting for some common sense to break out in this country. Meanwile I will stay familiar with the law and know what devices are firearms and which ones are not.

Ranb

"I don't register my guns, wouldn't live in a state that demanded it but you go ahead and do as you please. "

You telling everyone here that you aren't very good at OPSEC or is there a pot of honey on this table?

"LIk3 Z0mB13Z "

Careful, you'll get nasty message about the bubblegum filter.:s0131:

Ranb

EXCELLENT POST!

It's a sad sad state of affairs. I don't know if its the indication of a divided loyalty or just an unclear understanding of what our freedoms mean. The RKBA is the teeth in our society but it is not the definition of our society...the society of free men.
Progs with guns (and there are many) are a danger to our society not because they own guns but because they can appear to carry the weight of Constitutionality while all the while supporting 'progressive' (read totalitarian) ideals...undermining all of society and the underpinnings of what it means to be uniquely American.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top