JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are entitled to their opinions - as long as they do not act on them in a way that infringes on my rights.

I used to have a boss who often said something to the effect that he wasn't against guns, just against anybody owning a gun except him. Knowing him, that was part sarcasm and part actual opinion.

I know that there are a LOT of people out there that can legally own firearms, and possibly many that do own firearms, that probably shouldn't own firearms. However, until such time as a person proves, by their own action, that they should not own a firearm, I am willing to recognise their right to own a firearm as long as they in turn recognise my right to do the same.

At such time as they wish to deny my rights, then I am no longer willing to recognise their rights.

I have said it before, I will say it again, no one is above the law - if citizens are banned firearms, then so should law enforcement, politicians, any security personnel, the military - everybody.

What it comes down to is this, almost everyone who wants to ban firearms or control them, only wants to do so for the general populace and almost never for LEOs, military or anybody in government.

I have said it before, I will say it again, no one is above the law

I agree with all of your post but want to make clear a point on your statement quoted above: Most laws are now written to protect certain classes of people thus exempting them from the generality of a given law.

It should be said, "Nobody is above the law but most laws don't include everybody"

And this is where we have went wrong as a country, IMO.

A friend of mine says he can barely finish singing the national anthem without inserting the words, "former land of the free..." or "land of the not in jail long as you walk the very straight and narrow..." Sad.

All apologies for my digression.

German Jews in the Camps had a word for these people: "Kapos."

Frankly, I believe they should be given treatment in the spirit (not physically, but socially and politically) of what the various European Resistance movements gave the Goose-Stepping Bastards' local collaborators...
Just because a person owns a gun doesn't mean that they subscribe to the same politics you do any more than the fact that I own a motorcycle means I agree with the policies of the American Motorcycle Association, or the fact that I am a senior citizen means I agree with the policies of AARP.

Don't stereotype people by what they own. Liberals and gun control advocates do indeed own guns and this should not be a surprise to anyone. For how many years have we heard the refrain "I own a shotgun for hunting, but I don't believe that anybody should own an assault rifle"?

And Biden wasn't the first. Charlton Heston - VP of the NRA:

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-47.html

If you want to point to "collaborators", then point to those who should know better - but apparently don't.

I agree with all of your post but want to make clear a point on your statement quoted above: Most laws are now written to protect certain classes of people thus exempting them from the generality of a given law.

It should be said, "Nobody is above the law but most laws don't include everybody".
In practice, maybe, but a reading of most laws on the books do not generally exclude anybody. Some do and some rightfully so - it works both ways sometimes (you wouldn't want just anybody to be able to run around with blue lights, a siren and an official LEO insignia on their car if they weren't an actual LEO).

So it is on a case by case basis.

But for some things, yes, laws might increasingly grant rights (or exclusions to rules/etc.) to those in power that are prohibited to those not in power.

The point is academic. This is something that those in power would even think about attempting to put in place - the whole reason they are in power is to elevate themselves above everyone else. No one gets themselves elected to office in order to lessen their power-base or their privileges/perks of office.

My point re "Pro-594 Gunowners" is NOT a D-vs-R thing, it's about gun-owners who are willing to sell out their own--like what Jim Zumbo once was and David Petzal and Dick Metcalf still are, along with anti-gun NRA BoD member Joaquin Jackson.

The classic term is "Fudds"...

Here they are, supposed gun owners who are for I-594. Tell them to lay off the Kool-Aid.

<broken link removed>

these people are as big of a fool as you can imagine, you can google most of those names and counties and find their addresses, so they just pu t a big come rob my house sign out there saying there are guns in my house come and get them.....

fools

Stupidpeople.jpg

These are the gun owners that I have run into out at the gun club I belong to. They are pro-2A as long as you are talking about a .357 revolver, bolt action hunting rifle, O/U trap shotgun. But as soon as you pull out your hi cap 9mm Beretta, AR-15, or Semi auto SG with extended mag, the 2-A no longer applies to you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top