Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Makers Refusing Sales To Gov't In 'Firearms Equality Movement' Triples

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Glock Jock, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

2. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

AWESOME! :thumbup:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

start writing you gun and ammo and accessories suppliers asking them if they support the police loophole or the 2nd admemment.
    use your $ to influence them.

quesodilla and (deleted member) like this.
  4. quesodilla

quesodilla PDX Active Member

5. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

It's a good thing and I do see a few significant names on the list, but unless one or more of Glock, Sig Sauer, HK, Beretta, or S&W join in, it's probably not going to effect any changes. The day that one of those companies joins the list will be a good day!

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Uhhh, it's not a "loophole", the law was specifically written to exclude law enforcement.

7. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

So the Loophole website says 124 companies have done this. Anyone have a ballpark on a percentage of "total" companies that is now?

8. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

How about using the initiative process to get measures on the ballot that would eliminate exceptions and force all gun laws in the state to be applied equally to government and law enforcement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

9. oknow

assault weapon !!!!! personal defensive weapon or law !!!!! loophole ======= same thing

10. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

There's no companies on that list that would supply actual duty pistols. Not surprising. But bit by bit there are bigger names from the accessory companies that are coming in. Names like LaRue, Smith Enterprises, and Midwest Industries stick out. I'd like to see a few more companies like Novak, Trijicon, Leupold, and Aimpoint jump in. A few of those are more likely that others, but short of taking away their duty guns (which I don't support), that's where it can hurt them...

11. deen_ad

So, if you take advantage of the tax laws to write off the interest on your house that's a "loophole" or is it just the way the law was written to allow it?

12. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I don't think it's going to happen with the major manufacturers. The smaller companies can afford it because they will probably gain more business by taking a stand than they will lose. May not be the same for Glock or Sig, etc.

13. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Magpul has joined in. That hurts the SWATs and other LEOs.

Anaheim PD has nice ACU combat uniforms and tanks. But they'll need to scrounge on ebay for pmags with the rest of us. :)

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

LaRue.jpg

LaRue.jpg

15. Profiteering

Profiteering America New Member

It's called; "Equal Protection," And some how our legislative body democalisted that up too. New word. Meaning : verb, bureaucratic socialized molestation.

16. oknow

that's what people say about wall street people

17. michaels

michaels oregon Active Member

I don't say that. I say the folks on wall street write their own laws and then break their own laws.

All the while owning their own media machine, spinning their corruption as minimal and trivial.

But back to the topic.
    It's a good start, but it won't have any real teeth in it until a major manufacturer of guns says they won't sell to
    LE and military. And I would be awfully surprised if that happened.

Least of all because they have a contract, and while I admit ignorance to the details, I assume that means they have to produce or face economic and possibly legal consequences

e o

18. jfw

jfw Clackamas county Active Member

+1 on that...also taking a contract with the gov is probably akin to signing one with the devil.

The companies stances are admirable but I just don't think it would work. Even if all American companies refused (which wont happen)there are still foreign arms and ammo manufactures that will meet their armed needs.

19. deen_ad

But if the UN resolution on small arms comes to be then that will stop imports of long and handguns too.