Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun-kote

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by caden08, Feb 19, 2012.

1. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

Just curious if anyone here has used brownells gun-kote for refinishing?

2. mauser54

mauser54 Spokane, Wa. Area Member

Iv'e used it alot in the past. It's great stuff. Just be sure to go by the instructions given. I would give it a 5 star rating. I usually use Gun-Kote or Dura-Coat.

3. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

kg gunkote not out of a can but a sprayer fantastic!

4. mauser54

mauser54 Spokane, Wa. Area Member

Yes, don't use the GunKote in a rattle can. The best way to apply it is with an airbrush. With the rattle can you get way to much waste. and by airbrush, just a little bit will go along way. I usually buy it in the 4 oz. can. It do alot of firearms. my only complaint is I bought some GunKote flat black here awhile back and instead of it being flat black, it was more like semi gloss black. And I have read other reviews of there flat black and they have said the same thing. But all there other colors seem to be ok. So if I want a true flat black, I always go with Duracoat combat black. And I always apply my finishes with an airbrush. I have been doing firearm finishes for about 20 years now. So in that time, I have done alot of firearms.

5. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

Thanks for the info, going with duracoat :p

6. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

Be aware that duracoat can have a tendency to go on a little thicker that gunkote.....so on the internal parts/inside of the receiver go lightly

7. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

Thanks for the heads up