JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're kidding right? BiMart has that gun for $179.97 ($209 reg. price) right now, $120 will buy A LOT nicer scope and rings than that Simmons setup.

Your obviously mixing up two different guns. I'm talking about the 93r17 btvs. Which the op already posted was $339 at bi-mart. This is the thumbhole stock heavy barrel model. The blue model is a dicks exclusive.

I buy pretty much all my new guns from philomath, but if they are considerably cheaper at bimart, I will pick it up there, but I've only bought a couple guns from bimart, and their gun purchasing process leaves a lot to be desired.

Your obviously mixing up two different guns. I'm talking about the 93r17 btvs. Which the op already posted was $339 at bi-mart. This is the thumbhole stock heavy barrel model. The blue model is a dicks exclusive.

O.K. my bad, still the blue model MSRP's for about $50 less than the stainless model, so they're still about even, price wise. I am biased against Dick's cause there ammo is SO EXPENSIVE.:s0131:

O.K. my bad, still the blue model MSRP's for about $50 less than the stainless model, so they're still about even, price wise. I am biased against Dick's cause there ammo is SO EXPENSIVE.:s0131:

I'm biased as well. For performance, and the blued gun gives the same performance for less money. I also prefer blued steel to stainless. Now if it was the same price or close. I'd rather buy from bi-mart.

their gun purchasing process leaves a lot to be desired.

Please expand.

I have purchased about eight guns from Bi Mart the last five years, from three different stores, Damascus, Tigard and Gresham. I have also purchased from about four local dealers (gun broker, Keiths).

Please indicate what is difference other than 1) Bi Mart does not charge for using a credit card (and does take my AMEX), 2) Bi Mart walks you to the front door to ensure you and gun(s) get out of the store safely (remember this is a clothing, food and hardware family store too) and 3) Bi Mart staff are nice and always say thank you (have never had a "thanks" from gun broker or Keith's).

I don't see a downside to Bi Mart if you remember you are not in a gun/hunting/sports warehouse store.

i got mine from bimart, they mounted and bore sighted the scope for free. You'll love the rifle.

They treat me very well in my local bimart - know me by name and are always friendly even though i'm more of a browser than a shopper most of the time.

I can't say the same for most gun shops i've been to. The exception for me is the baron's den where i've always been treated very well.

I wouldn't feel too bad for the gun shops - they had a pretty good year last year!

amen!

Please expand.

I have purchased about eight guns from Bi Mart the last five years, from three different stores, Damascus, Tigard and Gresham. I have also purchased from about four local dealers (gun broker, Keiths).

Please indicate what is difference other than 1) Bi Mart does not charge for using a credit card (and does take my AMEX), 2) Bi Mart walks you to the front door to ensure you and gun(s) get out of the store safely (remember this is a clothing, food and hardware family store too) and 3) Bi Mart staff are nice and always say thank you (have never had a "thanks" from gun broker or Keith's).

I don't see a downside to Bi Mart if you remember you are not in a gun/hunting/sports warehouse store.

Every time I have purchased a firearm from them, the clerks have been pretty slow doing their part. I'm not in a hurry or anything, but it just seems like they work at a pretty slow pace compared to what I'm used to. Also there have been a few mishaps the times I have purchased firearms there, such as SN switch-ups on the 4473, a clerk dropping a firearm I was about to purchase, and one that was too unmotivated to disassemble the firearm properly and put it into the box, so he kind of just threw it in the box (which it didn't fit into assembled).

I love bimart, and love their normal service, but their sporting good departments leave a bit to be desired as far as experience. I know that they aren't meant to provide the knowledge base of a gun shop, but too many times I have heard them giving incorrect advise to customers, its one thing to say that you simply don't know, its another to tell someone that it is safe to shoot .380 in a 9mm (yes I did hear this from a sporting goods employee).

But they treat me right if I go in to buy some ammo or powder, so I will continue to shop there without concern, and I always recommend them to others over places like walmart or big 5/dicks/ect.

One time I considered buying a Ruger 10/22 for a X-mas gift from Walmart. I swear I couldn't get anybody to help me for 30 minutes after pleading with several employees. Even had a manager walk by and he didn't even say hello.

I walked out vowing never to even consider buying a firearm from them....EVER!!!

Ended up driving in the ice and snow to the Hillsboro GI joes to get what I needed.

I've had ok luck with Bi-mart except for one time I asked for combo package for my 12 year old son on a Savage with the new (at the time) Accutrigger. After calling them I drove the 45 minutes or so to the the Bimart in Hillsboro, had them process the gun....I should have looked closer at the weapon....no Accutrigger.

At first I thought Savage had an issue because the owners manual did state that there was an accutrigger on the weapon. Come to find out they were tossing a generic manual in the box and it was Bimart that misread a single digit on the box and they sold me the wrong model.

Several phone calls between Savage and Bi-mart to square away the issue. On there behalf they did fix it, but I ended having to pay another $10 background fee, another $20 in fuel and several lost hours to this.

Moral of the story.....watch them very closely.

I heard that Walmart is slowly vacating the firearm business. No more gun counters in new or remodeled stores. Of course I couldn't care less....they are dead to me!

Like what Fred Meyer is doing with there sporting good departments. I've picked up 2 handguns and 2 rifles from them in the last 3 months. Friendly people and they can just about order anything (except Sigs) out of their catalog. Special ordered a slick looking Ruger 10/22 with a snow camo stock and stainless barrel. Picked it up yesterday. I think the only two stores close to the PDX area are Scappoose and Newberg? I know the Warrenton/Astoria store has them too.

BiMart remained civil and priced right on their ammo during the shortages of last year. I haven't forgotten that and I hope some of you haven't either.

Let's not forget that our FFL's on here did too. Jack at Dan-Dee Sales, Coctailer, Sully, TonsOfOregonBrass... Those are just the ones that come to mind. We have others, too.

Jack sold me a 1,000 round case of Federal 5.56 XM193 mil spec for $375 when the stuff was impossible to find. I bought almost $700 worth of items from him that day (to make the trip pay.) He's had things that no one else seems to have too, like .380 ammo, primers, powder...

Coctailer kept his prices right on guns including AR's and ammo and I bought some from him.

Sully always has good prices.

TonsOfOregonBrass still has the best price vs quality on brass I can find anywhere.

Let's not forget to look inward, too, speaking of supporting "local."

I got 3 rifles from Bi Mart in the last year, they were on sale and they were cheap, and they all work well. But they have no handguns, and a very limited supply of rifles and sort of specialize in the cheap ones that I buy. But a good gun shop is like a museum, ancient ammo, and lots of the expensive rifles I love to look at and someday, if my kids ever stop getting more degrees, will be able to buy. Until then I do buy ammo and sundries from them, I figure I'm visiting the exhibit, drooling on the goods, and should pay something.

You see I do hope to actualize this old saying.

"My greatest fear is that after my demise my wife will sell all my guns for the price I told her I paid for them"

Walmart also gets factory seconds.......I know for a fact that they get all the vanguards that dont group well. The other real gun shops get the better ones......
they may buy in bulk but they also under cut alot of manufactors which in turn under cut quality....u may not realize it until you put it on paper....

Well, the Vanguards ship with a test target to show the group. I'd never buy one without seeing that target first. I bought one in .308 from Bi Mart on sale and it had a 3/4 MOA test target in the box. Not bad for a $360 rifle. I haven't taken the time yet to work up a load for it and see what it can really do.

When I have an afternoon to figure out the OAL for the cartridge I'll use, fire form some brass and get my chrony and target set up, I'm hoping to match that or better it. I'm "dreaming" that I can get it down to 1/2 MOA. We'll see.

My wife was a Sporting Goods manager for BiMart , In addition to the bulk buy discount BiMart does not have a huge mark up on guns,They are a leader to get people in to buy the guns for cheap and then spend the money on the accessories , Scope and the rest of the doodads that are needed for a new gun...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top