JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Note to Clinton, Obama: Your gun control rhetoric is fueling gun sales

A story from Fox News today underscores what one of the nation's top gun rights advocates has been saying for the past several years: When anti-gunners talk about restrictions, they fuel gun and ammunition sales.

<broken link removed>

No doubt it does.
Of late I have felt the urge to get a AR15 , AK copy , or whatever other gun is on a ban list , just to have one , 'cause someone says I shouldn't own one.
I would bet liquor sales went thru the roof before prohibition came into effect.
Same thing here.
And I have no doubt that just like prohibition , there will be little to no effect on crime.
Other than to make more criminals through non-compliance .
Andy

And the result of the recent surge in the buying of guns and ammo should lessen the shortage after the election. People that got caught short in the past have wised up and they are getting what they need now. Sure there will be a run, but I don't expect it to be as bad as in the past.

It used to be, whenever Clinton went on about the need for gun control, I went out and bought another gun. For a while there, I was finding it financially difficult to support his habit. ;)

Of late I have felt the urge to get a AR15 , AK copy , or whatever other gun is on a ban list , just to have one , 'cause someone says I shouldn't own one.

I did exactly that! I had been comfortable with myself having no desire what so ever to own anything other than hand guns. Then last summer I turned a couple of old, non-working, junker rifles into an AR 15, Polish AK 47 and a .30 carbine!

It's amazing how thick the sculls are on these politicians, to not see the effect of their actions against the 2nd Amendment!

I did exactly that! I had been comfortable with myself having no desire what so ever to own anything other than hand guns. Then last summer I turned a couple of old, non-working, junker rifles into an AR 15, Polish AK 47 and a .30 carbine!

It's amazing how thick the sculls are on these politicians, to not see the effect of their actions against the 2nd Amendment!

Same here. I never owned an AR or an AK before Obama came hard and fast after gun owners. Add Bloomberg and others in the mix and I foresee even more acquisitions in the future ;)

There's a theme here, I was also content with scatter guns and handguns...

The more they talk about what they don't want us to have, the more I felt the need to lay in a supply of those evil black guns...

Racist politicians...

I go a bit further and say that gun control rhetoric fuels mass shootings. Fear mongering in the media increases the perception of power in the minds of sick people.

No doubt it does.
I would bet liquor sales went thru the roof before prohibition came into effect.
Same thing here.
And I have no doubt that just like prohibition , there will be little to no effect on crime.
Other than to make more criminals through non-compliance .
Andy

These days, if a Democrat says you don't have a legitimate reason to have something...that's a legitimate reason to have 3 of them! o_O

Its the "label de 'jure", and if it was an "elephant" spouting the same sheite on a regular basis, I'd be saying Republican instead of Democrat.

Ya gotta call it like it is, when it is, and not worry about people's "precious sensibilities". The truth hurts at times, they need to deal with it. ;)

I wasn't thinking of "label de jure" or "precious sensibilities".
At this stage in time I really don't care what label comes with a government official , they are all equally worthless when it comes to working for the American people in my eyes.
And when anyone tells me "I don't have a legitimate reason " for anything , then they are suspect no matter who they are or what they represent.
Andy

I never wanted an AR until I hear the President say that we shouldn't have them. So I bought one. (I may get another one or two this summer. JIC.)
I never wanted to reload ammo until I heard about the government making statements that X number of rounds was to many. Now I reload.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews