JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's just the op-sit with me, I was always a Rifle and shot gun guy until Clinton got the top slot, then I decided I needed to concern my self with closer protection. I have always had hand guns and have always carried but it was mostly for large predators and not terrorists or other two legged threats. Now Much of my thoughts are about my CCW needs and concerns. It's sobering to think how much threat we face now, and if the elections go south ( doesn't really matter who gets in) I see even more reason/need to be armed and ready. I have been spending quite a bit of time training, practicing, and equipping my self as best as I can and as much as I can afford!

This has been quite an experience for My Lovely Bride who has just become a Citizen and has learned all about our country! We have had lots of conversation about why things are not going the way they should despite what our constitution says. I turn six shades of red every time this comes up! Thankfully, she has taken a pro active role in our relationship and has gone out on her own and purchased her own AR and the blamo to feed it, and she has taken her CCW classes and several training classes and has gotten in to the habit of carrying her S/W Shield every day all the time. P.S. there's something smoking hot about a woman in a slinky dress with a Shield hidden away!

I just want to thank the Clintons and the Obummers for making this real easy on me, Not having to convince the wife of any thing. She comes to me asking when we are going shooting and she calls telling me so and so has ammo on sale and should she pick some up!!! Thanks to our last several leaders, I have quite an arsenal of democracy in our home! Wife now is lusting after My Ruger Precision Rifle and I think I will come home some day soon to find her busy mounting optics and sorting ammo! God Bless "merica!

No doubt it does.
Of late I have felt the urge to get a AR15 , AK copy , or whatever other gun is on a ban list , just to have one , 'cause someone says I shouldn't own one.
I would bet liquor sales went thru the roof before prohibition came into effect.
Same thing here.
And I have no doubt that just like prohibition , there will be little to no effect on crime.
Other than to make more criminals through non-compliance .
Andy

Exactly why I built my first evil black (&green) rifle, then I decided I better have one in black also, as long as it was a pistol. :rolleyes:

Brutus Out

I have bought, sold and owned ARs for many years the first was a Colt SP1 back in 1980 and like most my collection has changed as the political clement changed. I even went as far as sold them all and went with nothing but AKs before the Sandy Hook panic but sense last May I started to build and buy them again.

Reason the prices have come down and as stated they want to ban them as they are evil because they represent freedom from Tyranny and are considered a perceived threat to the political class.

My question to those who have started to collect for political reasons like "because they want to ban them" are you stock piling ammo as well and if the article posted by 206thsense "Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia's Gone We Can Enact Gun Control" becomes fact and the court says they can ban them are you willing to use them to keep the right to own them or will you turn them in when ordered?

I am not looking for an answer to the question it is just food for thought because depending on who gets into office it could become reality.

The fact that the American citizens are buying so many I feel will work in our favor in the court system as they are now in common use but it is not a guarantee.

I do admit that I do like the fact that gun sales are up with all types not just the evil black rifles and that most folks are getting some training and their carry permits. I feel folks are finally waking up to the reality that they are their first line of defense and the government only shows up after the fact.

206thsense

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/chelsea-clinton-now-scalias-gone/

I always marvel that for all the trained soldiers and police officers with all that fancy armor, weapons, and technology... it never prevents a damned thing, except maybe a overt military invasion from another country.

Fighting crime and insurgencies are ALMOST ALWAYS a reactive/defensive proposition at best for ANY government. Short of throwing EVERYONE in a jail cell all the time, no government can effectively stop an insurgency unless the populace is an active partner. If they start attacking the rights/freedom of the populace, then crime & radical Islamic terrorists/insurgents will be the LEAST of their problems...

I believe this is a particularly American trait - whatever the rulers think people should not do, the people immediately go out and do. I have no proof of this but it's been my impression Americans are the most contrarian people on Earth. I also think this is a useful, positive trait.

I believe this is a particularly American trait - whatever the rulers think people should not do, the people immediately go out and do. I have no proof of this but it's been my impression Americans are the most contrarian people on Earth. I also think this is a useful, positive trait.

I disagree, Sir. You just ain't met ME yet. :)

tac

All Hillary needs is another Sandy Hook like massacre right before the election and she will ride a tidal wave of anti gun sentiment straight into the oval office.
Then she will get down to business. More then likely starting out with 10 rd mag limits coupled with bullet buttons.
Picture California's draconian gun restrictions for everyone.

All Hillary needs is another Sandy Hook like massacre right before the election and she will ride a tidal wave of anti gun sentiment straight into the oval office.
Then she will get down to business. More then likely starting out with 10 rd mag limits coupled with bullet buttons.

True, but she would need to have control of congress to do that. And if she did manage to pull it off, she may finally awake the 'sleeping giant' that are the true American patriots. Perhaps it's time that all this BS comes to a head and gets settled once and for all.

When it comes time to vote, don't forget all you gun owners out there - Hillary has praised the Australian confiscation model and her daughter stated just last week that the time is right to change the makeup of the Supreme Court so they can finally get the gun control they want.

In this election:

Voting for Hillary is voting for more gun control
Not voting at all is a vote for more gun control
Voting for anyone but the Republican rival of Hillary is a vote for more gun control

It can't be more clear, as gun owners who care about our rights, Hillary must not win.

True, but she would need to have control of congress to do that. And if she did manage to pull it off, she may finally awake the 'sleeping giant' that are the true American patriots. Perhaps it's time that all this BS comes to a head and gets settled once and for all.

When it comes time to vote, don't forget all you gun owners out there - Hillary has praised the Australian confiscation model and her daughter stated just last week that the time is right to change the makeup of the Supreme Court so they can finally get the gun control they want.

In this election:

Voting for anyone but the Republican rival of Hillary is a vote for more gun control

It can't be more clear, as gun owners who care about our rights, Hillary must not win.
You send a bit of a mixed message. I can understand the desire to wipe the board clean, but the costs are enormous, and the country may not be able to recover. If you look at modern revolutions, regardless of the motives, utopia is far from the result. Not saying that the status quo should stand, but warning that the results of a revolution may not be what we want either.

I agree with you 100% that we need to be looking at all aspects of this election. Like the Republican party or not, only a majority in the house and senate can keep the wolves at bay. Without a strong opposition party, it would have been even worse for us. There were several liberal gun control bills blocked, and this was at both the state and federal level. With supreme court appointments on the horizon, we can't be myopic on the presidential choice.

You send a bit of a mixed message. I can understand the desire to wipe the board clean, but the costs are enormous, and the country may not be able to recover. If you look at modern revolutions, regardless of the motives, utopia is far from the result. Not saying that the status quo should stand, but warning that the results of a revolution may not be what we want either.

I agree with you 100% that we need to be looking at all aspects of this election. Like the Republican party or not, only a majority in the house and senate can keep the wolves at bay. Without a strong opposition party, it would have been even worse for us. There were several liberal gun control bills blocked, and this was at both the state and federal level. With supreme court appointments on the horizon, we can't be myopic on the presidential choice.

Just to be clear, from my point of view, I do not desire, nor look forward to any kind of revolution or civil war. It would be, as you say, very costly and would set the entire country back, and potentially even open us up to greater threats from our enemies while we're in turmoil. I do see momentum for something building though. What I believe is more likely is a mass refusal to comply. Try something like Australia here, and you will get some that dutifully line up to kiss the collective government a$$, but I suspect a great majority of American gun owners would simply show them the middle finger. And honestly, aside from trying to make examples of some in the hopes of frightening others into compliance, they simply do not have the resources to enforce a ban of any kind. I do believe pockets of actual armed resistance would pop up around the country, but I think it would be very limited in scope.

I do agree that congressional makeup is critical to protecting our rights, but with a very important seat on the supreme court to be filled, one that's replacing one of the most consistent conservative voices, we simply cannot leave that in the hands of Hillary. Regardless of the makeup of the senate, they will have to give in to one of her nominees. And after the 3 nominees that Obama has had the chance to appoint in his term in office, we must maintain a balance on the court or we are screwed for decades to come.

This election must be about one thing for gun owners - defeating Hillary, at all costs. Far too much is at stake.

Last Edited:
One of my fears is that people that feel disenfranchised with the party will decide to not vote in the primary. Those seeking perfection will surely be disappointed, but that doesn't mean that they should give up. There is much more at stake here than just the executive branch.

One of my fears is that people that feel disenfranchised with the party will decide to not vote in the primary. Those seeking perfection will surely be disappointed, but that doesn't mean that they should give up. There is much more at stake here than just the executive branch.

I'm very concerned about that happening. It's time to suck it up and cast a vote to stop Hillary. Whether it's Trump, Cruz, Kasich, Ryan, Romney, whoever is against Hillary will get my vote, period. I refuse to let my dislike of a particular candidate allow me to do anything that helps with a Hillary victory.

One Clinton in the big house was more then we needed! I'm glad to see i'm not the only one that sees/feels that some thing bad is about to happen! I'm not looking forward to another fight, but if it comes to it, then sigh me up!:mad:
We need to vote, and we need to keep our selves safe from being enslaved by voting and that means EVERY ONE needs to vote! I don't care who wins, but It can not be Hillery!!! The rest scare me a bunch, but she is by far the worst! If she wins, we are surely lost!!! GOD HELP US THEN.

I've never been into military-style rifles. I was a skeet and trap shooter for a good long time.

I was at Fisherman's the other day and wandered back into the Gun dept. Nice guy back there said "Hey we have a pretty good unadvertised special on AR's and lowers". I replied, without a hint of irony... "Thanks, but I'm not really that into the AR platform, I only have 5."

This is what Sandy Hook meant to me.

Not voting is voting? That is a good trick.

How about this?

Voting for Hillary is voting for more gun control, war, surveillance, torture, ruined economy, etc.
Voting for Trump, Cruz, et. al. is voting for more gun control, war, surveillance, torture, ruined economy, etc.

Not voting is voting? That is a good trick.

How about this?

Voting for Hillary is voting for more gun control, war, surveillance, torture, ruined economy, etc.
Voting for Trump, Cruz, et. al. is voting for more gun control, war, surveillance, torture, ruined economy, etc.
It's easy to become bitter and confused, but have you been paying attention to gun control legislation on the federal level for the last few years? Basically, there hasn't been any and it's because the conservatives have been able to block it. As for the others, my crystal ball doesn't look that far into the future so can't say what's going to happen in the world. But I do know this, one side leads more toward conservatism than the other. I'm not a big baby and going to throw a temper tantrum if my ideas don't agree 100% with one party or the other. I know that I can only go where the majority of my beliefs are considered. There is also the issue of all the rest of the seats in the house, senate, and appointments to the supreme court. There are no guarantees of anything, but my belief is that we should do what we can to put people with points of views closest to ours into office.

I only had handguns until 2015, an AR was way down my list of wants because I could always put it off. Now I have 2, though neither is complete yet, and a box full of 30 round mags.

I have got to get a computer. This place on the phone will surely have me shooting my phone soon
I'm sure you and I are not the only ones that have thought this. I wouldn't be suprised to see something on a SH scale go down getting toward the conventions.
Not that the Clinton fortune would have anything to do with it:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top