JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have yet to visit a gun club in the PDX area that wasnt pro gun rights. I think whats missing from this discussion is what exactly is the pro-gun rights expectation a gun club is supposed to be doing?

Well how's about you let us in one the secret there Gary? That English Pit do a lot of lobbying and fund raising? What ranges send people to Salem to testify? Anything? I'd be curious to know? I know when they passed the universal background check in OR that the gun shop were mostly, or completely silent. I don't think the Johnson Creek Gun Club had any information on the bulletin board back then.
Mike,
Clark Rifles, the club I am a member of, is seven hundred members strong, and very pro active in the challenge to protect our second amendment rights.
On several occasions that I am aware of, there have been motorcades organized to go to Olympia and address impending/proposed legislation that would impinge upon our second amendment rights.
As for English Pit, I do not use their facilities, and cannot speak to what political activities they are involved in.
Best,
Gary

Clark Rifles, the club I am a member of, is seven hundred members strong, and very pro active in the challenge to protect our second amendment rights.
On several occasions that I am aware of, there have been motorcades organized to go to Olympia and address impending/proposed legislation that would impinge upon our second amendment rights.

Best,
Gary
That's the kind of thing that stands out to me. That's what I'm looking for.

Do they take in people from Oregon? It's only about a 35 min drive from me, totally doable. I like having an excuse to drive my car.

That's the kind of thing that stands out to me. That's what I'm looking for.

Do they take in people from Oregon? It's only about a 35 min drive from me, totally doable. I like having an excuse to drive my car.
Yes, we do take Oregon residents, but be advised, at this time, there is a two year waiting list. We would be happy to put you on the list.
Best,
Gary

I am the CEO of a 2500 member club in the NW corner of Washington called Custer Sportsmen's Club. Last attempt at repealing I-1639 we filled out more than 50 pages of voter signatures. We grant tens of thousands of dollars to multiple junior shooting programs every year, we have free junior shoot nights with firearms, ammo and instructors provided. We provide free bay and meeting room rental for hunters education courses. We sponsor a scout troop with $ and a location to call home. We donated $23K dollars worth of toys to the Toys for Tots program in 2020 putting us way over the $100K dollar mark in total donations over the years. We are also governed by bylaws and non-profit corporation rules, which in our case we are not a firearms/2a political lobbying corporation. We are not interested in getting on the wrong side of the IRS nor are we interested in getting Wa. state L&I crawling up our you know what for not following the covid mandates whether we believe in them or not. We are interested in keeping the doors open and people shooting and 2500 of our members as happy as we can make them! So no we're not just in it for the money but the money helps go towards lots of good causes that further shooting/2a and public sentiment about gun clubs. We have a couple of curmudgeons around our club always grumbling about the covid rules and I am happy to tell them as soon as they drop off a blank check for the fines and attorney fees for the club we can look at defying the mandates. Haven't seen one yet!

East side, I am really only aware of Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, near Estacada.
Estacada Rod and Gun club. A 100 yard rifle and separate pistol range. Short distance away from DRRC.
I have been shooting for many years at DRRC, ERGC and TCGC rifle and pistol matches. Not a member but matches
are open to the public.;) I belong to 3 gun clubs. Long time member of Clark Rifle's. I am a member of Vancouver
Rifle and Pistol club (indoor range) and Cascade Sportsman's club in Stevenson, WA.
DRRC pulling targets in the pits for rapid fire prone at 300 yards.:p
P1000072.JPG

Mike,
As for English Pit, I do not use their facilities, and cannot speak to what political activities they are involved in.
Best,
Gary

That's good to hear.

I am the CEO of a 2500 member club in the NW corner of Washington called Custer Sportsmen's Club. Last attempt at repealing I-1639 we filled out more than 50 pages of voter signatures. We grant tens of thousands of dollars to multiple junior shooting programs every year, we have free junior shoot nights with firearms, ammo and instructors provided. We provide free bay and meeting room rental for hunters education courses. We sponsor a scout troop with $ and a location to call home. We donated $23K dollars worth of toys to the Toys for Tots program in 2020 putting us way over the $100K dollar mark in total donations over the years. We are also governed by bylaws and non-profit corporation rules, which in our case we are not a firearms/2a political lobbying corporation. We are not interested in getting on the wrong side of the IRS nor are we interested in getting Wa. state L&I crawling up our you know what for not following the covid mandates whether we believe in them or not. We are interested in keeping the doors open and people shooting and 2500 of our members as happy as we can make them! So no we're not just in it for the money but the money helps go towards lots of good causes that further shooting/2a and public sentiment about gun clubs. We have a couple of curmudgeons around our club always grumbling about the covid rules and I am happy to tell them as soon as they drop off a blank check for the fines and attorney fees for the club we can look at defying the mandates. Haven't seen one yet!

That's all great things for the community. Seriously. It's damned shame that businesses and organization need to feel afraid to get in the battle to preserve 2nd Amendment rights. Gun haters wouldn't hesitate to stop all the great things your club does for the communities I suppose. :(

I'm finding most of the great clubs are not accepting new members. Guess I will have to get on some waiting lists.

If any one knows of a good club that is accepting new members that's in or near Portland please send me a PM. Thanks

Tri County n Sherwood is a nice facility. I've been a member for about 10 years. They were running a pretty long waiting list in recent years for new member applications; I'm not sure of the current situation.

Tricounty is the worst. Was a member for 10 years. The rso are mean. You need certification to shoot in the pits ie use steel plates. You need certification to shoot shotgun. I always said they take the fun out of shooting.

Now a member of douglas. Better but the range has parts which close most days of the week so you need to look at the calendar to see if you can shoot and if so which range you can use.

By and large we have it pretty good. Because we pay attention to things. The community supports us, most of the neighbors like us and we are trying to improve that and we are buying up land around us to stop sprawl from encroaching. That is Tri-County's issue. One errant round and they are done for. That is why they are like they are. Insurance is another matter all in itself! Most people are clueless about what it takes to run a gun club. I am in a volunteer position and I put in more than 300 hours a year and I am one of many. Anyway, sorry for the thread diversion. To the OP most gun clubs have a diverse membership and they would like to stay viable so remain neutral. I don't see it as remaining neutral. I see the youth as the savior for the 2a and so I coach and mentor as many of them that will listen. So if you want to help the 2a become an instructor and teach the youth safety and firearms handling skills

Have not seen any tell you about the O.F.F. The "Oregon Firearms Federation. You might think about joining them as they fight for your 2nd amendment right here in Oregon. They send emails to keep you up to date on all the gun bills they are trying to pass, who to contact to take action to help stop them. If you want to join D.R.R.C. rifle club , you will have to be a member of the N.R.A. I've been a member for years, and enjoy it. You can go to their web site and see all of the different events they have thru out the month.

Yo what's up. Just moved from Anaheim a few weeks ago myself. I just submitted my application for Douglas ridge. Seems to be the best from my research and doesn't appear to have a current waitlist. I emailed the VP and it seems they've got something going for new memberships in may/june

I just moved to Portland

My condolences!

I want to draw to your attention the Oregon political contribution tax credit. You can donate $50 every year to a political organization and you get the money back when you file your taxes. The Oregon Firearm Federation (OFF) is a worthy organization to donate to. If you're married, your wife can donate $50 as well.

It's really a free donation. I write a $100 check every December and when I file my taxes in February, I get my refund increased by $100.

Also, if you shop at Fred Meyer, you can designate OFF as your "community donation" recipient so they get a small cut of your purchases (at no cost to you).

Yo what's up. Just moved from Anaheim a few weeks ago myself. I just submitted my application for Douglas ridge. Seems to be the best from my research and doesn't appear to have a current waitlist. I emailed the VP and it seems they've got something going for new memberships in may/june

YO. Cool! If I lived closer I'd join DRRC. Seeing as you're out that way, did you check Estacada Rod & gun Club?

Welcome to NWFA BTW.

thanks. Their website and fb page seem to have very limited information. Are you able to share any info about this club?

YO. Cool! If I lived closer I'd join DRRC. Seeing as you're out that way, did you check Estacada Rod & gun Club?

Welcome to NWFA BTW.

thanks. Their website and fb page seem to have very limited information. Are you able to share any info about this club?

Yeah, I refuse to have anything to do with farcebook or twatter. Trying to read anything on fb with the pop-up wanting you to signi is beyond annoying! I didn't see a web site for ER&G though. I've driven by the place and it looks pretty neat, so I figure I'd mention it incase you were close enough to have it an option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top