JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wilderness 5-stitch belt. These work great for me because I can cinch it up as much or as little as I need, depending on what I'm carrying. With a standard belt it was often too loose or too tight.

I'm actually planning on ordering a Beltman double stitched/dual layer bullhide belt with the stiffener. They get awesome reviews and I think it will be just what I'm looking for.

The sharkskin is amazing, but $350 is just too much for me. Would love to own an elephant hide belt someday though.
I own an elephant skin belt w/ a stiffener and have had it for about 3 years. I looked at it today and I swear I cannot find any scratches on it anywhere. I wear it 4-5 days out of 7 and am hard on it. Laying on the floor, have run it along a concrete block wall (not intentionally!) and all that goes with running it through Kydex OWB holsters. If you spend the money, in the long run it will remain a quality belt.
Cant remember but think it was from The Beltman too.

I ended up with the Beltman double stitched/dual layer bullhide belt with the stiffener. It's a really nice belt, but not as stout as I had imagined it would be. It was worth the money, but my next belt will be a 20oz Hanks. I think it's the heaviest on the market and will likely outlive me.

This excellent topic tends to jump Forums which is good. What our family did was make a trip to the Grange and go to the saddle tack department. Our Grange has a large such section. Grants Pass OR USA. Pick out some suitable to you simple leather strapping, go ahead and buy the rather inexpensive starter leather maker kit and make up your own gun belt. They also sell many buckles.

My usual gun pants are Levi shrink to fit 501 button fly jeans. Several pair. Several waist sizes. Some belt loops were deleted. Extra belt loops added. Hot water shrink to exact fit. All fun and easy. Teaches the grand kids a new skill ... leather working and clothing alterations. The fat waist Levis are for the extra as needed double mags holsters. The main holster is still the CrossBreed Super Tuck.

Horsehide light tan color. Non Combat Cutaway. Inside the pants paddle. So are the extra mag holsters. This ensemble is so comfy you can go 18 hours and forget you are packing. That comfortable. Also the extra mags might come in handy for the enviable Zombie attacks. Anyhow, just another way of looking for solutions. The overall cost might be slightly higher but the finished product will be very custom.

Hope this helps. Do not forget the handy suspenders for that big mag load out. Many Zombies, Space Invaders, Rabid Lemmings :)

Edited Extra: Because I forgot to add do not forget the custom extra Levi pockets you can add. We did. Used throw a way old Levis material. Carpenter. Bellows. Secret.

Last Edited:
This excellent topic tends to jump Forums which is good. What our family did was make a trip to the Grange and go to the saddle tack department. Our Grange has a large such section. Grants Pass OR USA. Pick out some suitable to you simple leather strapping, go ahead and buy the rather inexpensive starter leather maker kit and make up your own gun belt. They also sell many buckles.

My usual gun pants are Levi shrink to fit 501 button fly jeans. Several pair. Several waist sizes. Some belt loops were deleted. Extra belt loops added. Hot water shrink to exact fit. All fun and easy. Teaches the grand kids a new skill ... leather working and clothing alterations. The fat waist Levis are for the extra as needed double mags holsters. The main holster is still the CrossBreed Super Tuck.

Horsehide light tan color. Non Combat Cutaway. Inside the pants paddle. So are the extra mag holsters. This ensemble is so comfy you can go 18 hours and forget you are packing. That comfortable. Also the extra mags might come in handy for the enviable Zombie attacks. Anyhow, just another way of looking for solutions. The overall cost might be slightly higher but the finished product will be very custom.

Hope this helps. Do not forget the handy suspenders for that big mag load out. Many Zombies, Space Invaders, Rabid Lemmings :)

Edited Extra: Because I forgot to add do not forget the custom extra Levi pockets you can add. We did. Used throw a way old Levis material. Carpenter. Bellows. Secret.
Sounds like 7 pocket 501's :D

I Purchased a belt from Bullhide Belts about four years ago. It's been great. 1/4" thick single layer leather. Very strong weapon support and it just looks like a simple leather belt. I strongly recommend. Order the belt to your measurements.

Hey all, I am in the market for a new gun belt. I currently use a well worn Mitch Rosen and its lost the better portion of its rigidity. There are a lot of choices out there, but I have little experience outside of the belt I own at the moment. I'm considering one with a steel core, but am not sure if it's a good choice. I've looked at Bigfoot, Hanks, Crossbreed & Beltman. Anyone have experience with any of these brands? Especially interested in your opinion if you've tried a bullhide or a steel reinforced one.

I have two bigfoot belts and really like them. The heavier duty steel core is my preferred one of the two I have. I tend to wear out belts quickly.... with the exception of these. I cant speak to the other brands you mentioned but I have no reason to switch.

http://gunbelts.com/gun-belt-1-5-wide-leather-with-core-18-oz

Another vote for Kore belts for anyone looking. I do not recommend the NextBelt though which is a similar belt . Not all ratchet system belts are created equal but my Kore belt is as solid as the day I got it. after using it there is no way I can go back to a regular belt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top