JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a question regarding bigfoot @Koda @nammac .
Does the steel core go the full length of the belt? Past the eyes? I worry that having the steel layer, it'd delaminate down the road since leather stretches and steel doesn't.

I've got a question regarding bigfoot @Koda @nammac .
Does the steel core go the full length of the belt? Past the eyes? I worry that having the steel layer, it'd delaminate down the road since leather stretches and steel doesn't.

No. I can feel that it stops short of the holes for the buckle.
Had mine for about 2 years and been wearing it daily for over a year and its as good as new and no delaminating going on.

No. I can feel that it stops short of the holes for the buckle.
Had mine for about 2 years and been wearing it daily for over a year and its as good as new and no delaminating going on.
I'll second this. Been wearing mine every day for a bit more than a year now. There's no deformation, it's as straight as the day I got it, with the exception of the eyelet that I use... but no serious issues there either. Is you really want a picture of it, let me know...

This is the first belt I've used that didn't necessitate adjustments to it's ride position throughout the day. Once on and settled in, tends to stay where it is...

Same.

I check out other belts when I find them in the stores and think no way...

Im tempted to get a spare belt but cant find one that will work the same and they all are more expensive. My spare belt will be a Bigfoot belt when I get a roundtuit....

Problem is I dont see mine wearing out in my lifetime. Hard to say but I know its gonna be a while.

after seeing the elephant belt i want one of them, my dad had some boots made from elephant that were/are tough as iron they still look good and are over 40 years old. My brother was the lucky guy to get them as my feet are too big for em. I did just recently get this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CSWALS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as my 15 year old belt was looking a bit worn. I've only had it about a month but I believe it will last for many years from the way it feels and being one single piece it can't delaminate.

Sorry for reviving this one, but I thought I'd post an update. I finally ordered a bigfoot 14oz with the steel core last week and I am sending it back for a refund. It just feels cheap to me and doesn't have much heft to it at all. Nothing about it gives me confidence. It certainly is nicely finished, but zero wow factor.
When I originally received my Mitch Rosen Express belt I was wowed by the fit, finish and heft of the belt. While it did lose its stiffness after a couple years of daily wear, it just oozed quality. The kicker is it only cost about $10 more than the bigfoot.
I'm back to looking again and want a reinforced belt, but Bigfoot is off the table for me.

I'd go with a double horsehide belt over cowhide but if you want something really tough, will last forever and still makes a good looking dress belt checkout Sharkskin from Kramer or High Noon.

I'm actually planning on ordering a Beltman double stitched/dual layer bullhide belt with the stiffener. They get awesome reviews and I think it will be just what I'm looking for.

The sharkskin is amazing, but $350 is just too much for me. Would love to own an elephant hide belt someday though.

Well... since we're here:
I have several leather belts that are fantastic. Unfortunately, Gavin from Firearmsholsters seems to be out of the biz, and my favorite is a 25 yr old nameless tapered belt made by a guy in AZ... also not open for bizness anymore, AFAIK.
I bought an Urban Carry leather belt about 2 mos ago and it's equally great. Not fancy, but nicely finished and holding its own.
Today I'm wearing a belt from Vedder. I liked the first one so much I bought a second. Very stiff nylon belt and the Cobra buckle was downsized to fit through regular belt loops. I highly recommend it over other nylon "rigger's" belts. I've got a couple of BLACKHAWK belts and a Tactical Tailor belt that I tried while dipping my toe into the nylon belt waters... they're fine and get used occasionally, but the Vedder is bedder...

See what I did there?

Love, Peace, and Elbow Grease!

One stupid rhyme and suddenly I'm Tupac... :confused:

Last Edited:
I'll double down on the magpul belts. I have had mine now for over 2 years and it is still going strong. Carry a g19 daily with an extra mag and it isn't even distorted its shape yet.

Well... since we're here:
I have several leather belts that are fantastic. Unfortunately, Gavin from Firearmsholsters seems to be out of the biz, and my favorite is a 25 yr old nameless tapered belt made by a guy in AZ... also not open for bizness anymore, AFAIK.
I bought an Urban Carry leather belt about 2 mos ago and it's equally great. Not fancy, but nicely finished and holding its own.
Today I'm wearing a belt from Vedder. I liked the first one so much I bought a second. Very stiff nylon belt and the Cobra buckle was downsized to fit through regular belt loops. I highly recommend it over other nylon "rigger's" belts. I've got a couple of BLACKHAWK belts and a Tactical Tailor belt that I tried while dipping my toe into the nylon belt waters... they're fine and get used occasionally, but the Vedder is bedder...

See what I did there?

Love, Peace, and Elbow Grease!

One stupid rhyme and suddenly I'm Tupac... :confused:

I ended up ordering the Beltman. Though I may check out the Vedder for excursions into the woods during our overly long wet season...

I ended up ordering the Beltman. Though I may check out the Vedder for excursions into the woods during our overly long wet season...
Yeah, I saw that... I'll have to check out the Beltman sometime... let us know how it works out. I know I'm always interested in new vendors. I took a chance on Urban Carry... I don't use their (in my opinion) gimmicky holsters, but they do make a nice belt.

I just threw my .02 in for future advice seekers... the interwebz never go away...

Exactly a size 10, you stalking my feet? :rolleyes: :p
No, sir. But I DO have a very nice pair of Brahma elephantasaurous boots that I bought because they looked super-cool and they were the last pair... I wasn't leaving the store without em. I'm a 10.5... a bad decision on my part.
Unfortunately, they're very narrow and hurt my R pinkie toe. I did have them resoled (by an actual cobbler, if you can believe that) with new leather soles... stacked heel, very genuine, very high quality, exceptionally supple. They sit in the closet and need a good home.

I don't want to crap in anybody's thread or be accused of trying to sell stuff (cheap) out of market. If you think you're interested, PM me... I'll let em go for about a quarter of what I paid... maybe less.

Size 10 was SWAG... most dudes are somewhere around a 10-11.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Magpul belts, simple and great prices.

Magpul belts are decent. Mine only lasted two weeks before being replaced because it wasn't stiff enough for me (awaiting the "that's what she said" jokes). The magpul belt is about $30 too much for what you get. I carry a shield and if a belt can't keep a shield secure, then there's a problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top