JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 2 handguns that I have had for many years. I bought them new so I know they are not stolen. I haven't used them in years and don't want the responsibility of owning them any longer.

Is it legal to give them away? Is there anything I should know before I give them away?

I live in Oregon

Just make sure that the person(s) you give them too are legal to own, and are likely not to use them in a crime.
Person(s) must be Oregon residents, or you must use an FFL to transfer them.

Look through this post for legal issues.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/firearms-laws-and-questions.8602/

Just a thought, why not sell them. Classified sections on this board will provide a venue for that.

You do not need an FFL transfer for an instate gift. only if you give it to someone that does not live in Oregon.

You do not need an FFL transfer for an instate gift. only if you give it to someone that does not live in Oregon.
Correct. If you are an Oregon resident, and the guns are in your possession, then you may give it to another Oregon resident without using an FFL to transfer them. Only if you give/sell/trade to an out of state resident.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top