JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you fry your grilled cheese with

• Total voters
Kinda both for me i grill the bread with butter and lighly mayo one slice before the cheese goes on ( tillamook sharp or extra sharp) and back in the pan till the cheese is melty.

The mayo is *for the inside*!

Unsalted butter on the outside.
Chipotle mayo on the inside. And do yourself a favor and make the mayo from scratch. 10,000% better than anything you can buy.
Spiced cheeses on the inside, like chipotle gouda.
Some appropriate veggie, like a tomato slice.

Perfection.

....SMH, I dont even know you guys anymore.....

I have tried the toast the bread and melt the cheese in microwave. I don't know if it's all in my head but they just do not taste the same. I have always done it Elvis style, lots of butter. :D
Often will make them with 2 kinds of cheese too. I was not hungry till I read this thread :D

Kinda both for me i grill the bread with butter and lighly mayo one slice before the cheese goes on ( tillamook sharp or extra sharp) and back in the pan till the cheese is melty.

I must applaud you choice of cheese here. I've always had a fondness for sharp and extra sharp cheddars and tillamook is decent stuff!

The mayo is *for the inside*!

Unsalted butter on the outside.
Chipotle mayo on the inside. And do yourself a favor and make the mayo from scratch. 10,000% better than anything you can buy.
Spiced cheeses on the inside, like chipotle gouda.
Some appropriate veggie, like a tomato slice.

Perfection.
Oh, on the inside.... Well that's different then.

I pretty much don't eat bread anymore, but when I did I prefered mayo over butter. Butter works, mayo just works better. More even toast, lighter and less grease. Olive oil can be used too and tastes great!

For a little something edgier I'd use garlic Texas toast,

I pretty much don't eat bread anymore, but when I did I prefered mayo over butter. Butter works, mayo just works better. More even toast, lighter and less grease. Olive oil can be used too and tastes great!

For a little something edgier I'd use garlic Texas toast,

Well that settles it, gotta go get some Texas toast now...that sounds amazing!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top