JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you fry your grilled cheese with

• Total voters
Reactions
I was telling my helper the other day about trying to make some grilled cheese and running out of mayonnaise...he failed to see how this could be a problem.

Apparently there are folks out there frying up their grilled cheeses with butter, and another person claims to use nothing at all :eek:.

So folks what do you use? Butter, mayo or something else?

Butta.
1) Toast bread in toaster to dark brown.
2) Apply butta to toasted bread.
3) Apply cheese.
4) Microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
5) Award winning.

I was telling my helper the other day about trying to make some grilled cheese and running out of mayonnaise...he failed to see how this could be a problem.

Apparently there are folks out there frying up their grilled cheeses with butter, and another person claims to use nothing at all :eek:.

So folks what do you use? Butter, mayo or something else?

MAYO BRO?!? That's gnarly......I'll have to give it a shot now! :cool:

Butta.
1) Toast bread in toaster to dark brown.
2) Apply butta to toasted bread.
3) Apply cheese.
4) Microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
5) Award winning.

I'm honestly not sure if this is the greatest shortcut ever or a "best of college cooking". But now I simply have to try it

Do you fry your eggs in mayo?
Do you saute your scampi in garlic mayo?
NO!!!

Then you damn well should be frying your grilled cheese sammich in butter too!

You know who fries their grilled cheese sammiches in mayo??
Communists! And space aliens too I'll warrant. Beings who want to destroy our great American way of life.
Use pure creamery butter and not that unsalted butter crap either!!!
Mayo indeed:confused::confused::confused:

Last Edited:
MAYO BRO?!? That's gnarly......I'll have to give it a shot now! :cool:

Yup, been doing it that way my whole life. Only recently discovered that there are other ways haha.

Gotta be kinda carful it can be pretty easy to burn if you don't watch it close. I usually use a med-low heat after the pan has been warmed up

Mayo? No...Miracle Whip, it's magical. My favorite thing to eat in the whole world is toasted Jewish Rye with MW and sliced tomatoes, nothing else. It's one of those simple pleasures things with me.

Mayo? No...Miracle Whip, it's magical. My favorite thing to eat in the whole world is toasted Jewish Rye with MW and sliced tomatoes, nothing else. It's one of those simple pleasures things with me.

OMG what is wrong with you people?!?

Grilled cheese. You mean...... I could have .....?

moar_please.jpg

Aloha, Mark

The mayo is *for the inside*!

Unsalted butter on the outside.
Chipotle mayo on the inside. And do yourself a favor and make the mayo from scratch. 10,000% better than anything you can buy.
Spiced cheeses on the inside, like chipotle gouda.
Some appropriate veggie, like a tomato slice.

Perfection.

NO!!!

And you damn well should be frying your grilled cheese sammich in butter too!

Communists! And space aliens too I'll warrant. Beings who want to destroy our great American way of life.

Funny!!
But wrong. Mayo rocks on a GCS.
Here's the real ticket...Dave's killer bread, light mayo on both inside pieces, cheese of your choice.
Melt butter in medium-hot skillet, and fry up that sando to a golden-hued bundle of love.
Yum

NO!!!

And you damn well should be frying your grilled cheese sammich in butter too!

I like to take some sauerkraut, squirt some ketchup in and eat it just like that. I don't always feel like a hot dog but sometimes I just like the condiments.

Had another one tell me he frys it in butter...then DIPS IT in mayo....That's a little much for me

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews