JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not gonna knock stocking up on food, but growing food and learning to forage are also pretty key

Overall, I feel what she's saying about eating out. It's ridiculously expensive and a waste of money... That's also why I don't do it. I usually purchase enough food for myself for 3 months once every quarter.

Some suggestions:
Winco is better than walmart for cheap bulk.
Ramen, rice, some other grains and spices are a lot cheaper at ethnic grocery stores.
Canned goods lack in taste and are heavy, but they're great for water.
Also, Stove Top stuffing is more shelf stable than the sell by date suggests... just saying.

Mac N Cheese is a cheap, good long term storage item if you have stored butter and milk (freeze dried or canned)

Look for sales items every time you shop.. NEVER pay full prices! Costco has good prices on bulk items too. ALL non fresh food lasts WAY longer than the FDA mandated labels tell you. We, for instance are rotating 6 year old canned soup and Mac N Cheese now (MnC goes great with hot sauce or salsa) Make sure you store dry foods dry.. we use huge plastic barrels with the open top design, and dessicant

Paper plates and plastic utensils for short term survival use reduces your water use and labor. You can burn the paper in your wood stove if it's cold weather, so less garbage to deal with

Get a few large cases of baby wipes for waterless baths too (Costco)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top