JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
....As the property owner.....aren't you responsible for what goes on it? Do you get to claim that you didn't know because your property was not entirely fenced and the suspect entered the property though the open field?....

No, because it would be easy for some felon, just out of jail, to plant pot on the judges property and anonymously report it to turn them in (or something like this, ie, send them a statue with cocaine inside of it etc etc). Would the judge go to jail for marijuana on their land or cocaine in a statue?

How about if someone did something illegal on Weyerhauser land? Same situation.

No is the correct answer.

Regardless, this new policy is just wrong. Gov. keeps expanding their powers almost daily.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the link thuty-thuty.

And, of course......where the case is decided makes a difference too.

Anyway.......
I can remember a case where a fenced property/yard (not open chain link style fence)......was treated differently from a real board fence. So then......climbing on a ladder to look over the boarded fence, from an adjacent property, was ruled to be an invasion of privacy.

So, the neighbor kid looking over the fence (from his 2nd story window) to see his nude neighbor at the pool?

And, I can remember in another case where looking (w/binoculars) through a sliding glass door (where the curtain was open) at the hotel room across the way......was ruled to be an invasion of privacy.

Rrrrright......you don't want to be seen. Then, close the darn curtains. Huh?

But then......there was that guy who was "exposing himself" from his bedroom in his home, to the school children at the bus stop. Rrrright.....he wasn't intending for the kids to see him. Cough, cough....

Whatever......

Aloha, Mark

The Supreme Court read the 4th Amendment to protect someone's "dwelling", not everything they might own. They have stretched from your actual house to the curtilage of your home, with curtilage being defined more or less as the area immediately around your home you use as living space. Beyond that they see no right to privacy or need for a search warrant. This most often comes up when people are growing pot, but can be applied to almost any law.

The interesting cases will be when they enter to search posted property and the landowner swears out a warrant for trespass. I would like to see what happens then.

Hummmm.....
Randy Weaver? But then.....there was a warrant for his arrest.

Funny that you need a warrant of arrest AND search warrant to go inside a home to look for Randy.

But then, if the agents had seen him within the household and Vickie was about to shut the door on them.....well, the agents can go past her to make the arrest.

And then......some might argue......that the agents need to surround the house and wait for a search warrant first.

Again, whatever......

Aloha, Mark

I just had some county bastard get on my property and then threaten me with fines if I did not get rid of an exotic weed (garlic mustard). Then he came back to verify I had gotten rid of it. The funny thing is, I would have done it anyway if he had simply asked me. But it reinforces for me the true nature of the relationship between those in government and those outside it: a coercive and violent one.

"Of government, at least in democratic states, it may be said briefly that it is an agency engaged wholesale, and as a matter of solemn duty, in the performance of acts which all self-respecting individuals refrain from as a matter of common decency."
-- H.L. Mencken

I just had some county bastard get on my property and then threaten me with fines if I did not get rid of an exotic weed (garlic mustard). Then he came back to verify I had gotten rid of it. The funny thing is, I would have done it anyway if he had simply asked me. But it reinforces for me the true nature of the relationship between those in government and those outside it: a coercive and violent one.

"Of government, at least in democratic states, it may be said briefly that it is an agency engaged wholesale, and as a matter of solemn duty, in the performance of acts which all self-respecting individuals refrain from as a matter of common decency."
-- H.L. Mencken
Last I heard they will do that here with Tansy Weeds. Some kind of poison to livestock. Just as with the self appointed "mask cops" a LOT of the human population LOVES to be able to have control over others. Places like E Germany learned to use this very well. They were able to get about 1/3 of the population to rat on each other. These "snitch lines" set up by people in power show this has never changed.
Many who get a job where they get to drive around the threaten people have a job they would do for half the money just to have the imagined power.

Here is a question for the interested student (meaning attorneys): "Does the government have a legal expectation of preservation of government property placed on private land without the permission of the owner of that land?" My thought is, if they do not then I believe they have no recourse if I were to walk straight up to it and ". . . blast it with a round or 2 of 3 1/2" buckshot [twa2471]". No justification or explanation required!

No, because it would be easy for some felon, just out of jail, to plant pot on the judges property and anonymously report it to turn them in (or something like this, ie, send them a statue with cocaine inside of it etc etc). Would the judge go to jail for marijuana on their land or cocaine in a statue?

How about if someone did something illegal on Weyerhauser land? Same situation.

No is the correct answer.

Regardless, this new policy is just wrong. Gov. keeps expanding their powers almost daily.

A convicted felon would never do that. As that would just be "EVIL". Besides, everyone knows that once time has been served.....that person, is now, "100% GTG". Same for those who are released, "EARLY". Just ask any liberal.:s0112:

And another way to look at things.....
Say that you have a loud obnoxious party occurring on your property. As the property owner/lessee/renter/whatever.....aren't you suppose to control the party and the attendees?

Rrrrright.....
Don't give me the citation/summons. I tried to get them to leave. Give the people who are actually being disorderly the citation/summons.

And, I've heard that......
In CA (Los Angeles)...... the police officers cite the property owner/lessee/renter/whatever and the Govt. can actually charge $$$ for the police services, to being back order to the neighborhood.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class