JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like many others there is nothing 'new' I really want (other than the new PCC i 'flirted' with) but I HAVE found something I am most likely going to 'fall' for. I wanted one as a teen (and almost bought one but didn't for what was most likely other wants at the time) and it is a Winchester 9422 - and the one I have found is the even rarer 16" 'Trapper' version.
The shop that has it does not seem to have done their homework because the asking price is considerably lower than what they are selling for online.
Anyway stopped and took a 2nd look at it on Friday (and probably should have made my 'offer) but will probably do it next week. Its in very good condition with only one pinprick of blue missing and is dirty but that is an easy fix. Someone mounted a 3X9 scope on it and had to remove the buckhorn rear sight lifter and it is gone so I will make my offer of 'You take the scope off and keep it and I'll give you $XXX.00)
Tune in next week!

So, when it comes time to buy, why is the old and inferior so highly valued?
Because it is most likely made of better materials & processes, better fit, finish and function will most likely appreciate in value and last forever.
Unfortunately the 'old and inferior' can't be found for $299.00 + BGC and doesn't hold 'enough ammo'.

Not all the old stuff is made of better material and such. Technology improves and so on so forth.

Old stuff tend to have a collector's value. Which is why things like the SVD cost a lot, even though you can easily get something that is way more accurate for a whole lot less. Granted, a hi-point is definitely not gonna be better than the old stuff... Then again, we all know @Kruejl just loves hi-points. :rolleyes:

Not all the old stuff is made of better material and such. Technology improves and so on so forth.

Old stuff tend to have a collector's value. Which is why things like the SVD cost a lot, even though you can easily get something that is way more accurate for a whole lot less. Granted, a hi-point is definitely not gonna be better than the old stuff... Then again, we all know @Kruejl just loves hi-points. :rolleyes:
Agreed. Modern barrels are something amazing, especially if you get a good one. Although I am going hipster as the older collector stuff is gaining appeal to me. It all started when I learned who Jack O'Conner was and read about his model 70... Next thing you know I'm researching Japanese sniper rifles... Interesting way to learn some history at least.

Which is why things like the SVD cost a lot,
I would hardly put an SVD in the same class as what I (as well as others might consider classic & high quality) such as Early Remington & Winchester rifles, pre lock, pinned & recessed Smiths & Colt Snakes. Heck, The SVD just looks like another stamped out AK.

Mention my name and Hi-Point in the same sentence again and I'll ban you for life.

I would hardly put an SVD in the same class as what I (as well as others might consider classic & high quality) such as Early Remington & Winchester rifles, pre lock, pinned & recessed Smiths & Colt Snakes. Heck, The SVD just looks like another stamped out AK.
The SVD is milled... Its nothing similar to an AK. While there are certainly some rifles I would much rather have, like a Whitworth rifle or the Fayetteville rifle, the SVD is still on the list.

If a U.S company tried to make the SVD the way its intended to be made, it'd easily be well above $2,000, and probably above $3,000.

Agreed. Modern barrels are something amazing, especially if you get a good one. Although I am going hipster as the older collector stuff is gaining appeal to me. It all started when I learned who Jack O'Conner was and read about his model 70... Next thing you know I'm researching Japanese sniper rifles... Interesting way to learn some history at least.
I have AKs and FALs and such. You can tell I absolutely love all the new stuff. :rolleyes:

Mention my name and Hi-Point in the same sentence again and I'll ban you for life.
:D

I know man, I don't like hi-point either. Honestly, I went out of my way to get my friend to not get a hi-point pistol and instead just spend the extra cash on a Glock. I almost wrote a damn essay too.

:D

I know man, I don't like hi-point either. Honestly, I went out of my way to get my friend to not get a hi-point pistol and instead just spend the extra cash on a Glock. I almost wrote a damn essay too.

Friends don't let friends buy hi-points.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top