JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_20201011_200003371.jpg

Well, I guess you could call this more of a multi-use shop bench which is why I don't permanently mount my reloading gear. However, I managed to get everything out of storage, and for the first time in years started processing brass for my Garand again! Yesterday I put on a movie, popped in the earbuds, and before I knew it had over 200 cases de-primed, resized, case prepped and ready to reload! Now I'm just waiting on some Sierra Match King 168gr .308 to arrive and I'll be whipping up a batch of true match grade Garand ammo.

I like the clamp "system." I have several work benches but I don't necessarily like tying them up with dedicated equipment that doesn't get used all the time. So my press is permanently mounted but the other little stuff is mounted on lengths of 1 x 4 and gets clamped on when needed. During the time I had a Dillon 550, that was mounted on a 2 x 6 and got clamped in place when it was to be used. That was way too big to leave set up permanently. And it was rock steady and worked fine on the 2 x 6 and two hefty C clamps. Of course, you need a sturdy enough bench to mount anything, clamped or permanent.

I also like those ratcheting clamps shown in the picture. They come with different bar lengths. I built two car ports within the past three years. Never needed help because I had a couple of these clamps. You can do amazing things with them.

I have vises permanently mounted on several benches, they get used a lot.

I also like those ratcheting clamps shown in the picture. They come with different bar lengths. I built two car ports within the past three years. Never needed help because I had a couple of these clamps. You can do amazing things with them.

Yep! Those are the Bessey clamps that I get from my work. They seems to have more holding power than those Irwin's at the big box stores, and WAY better holding power than anything at Harbor Freight.

Got my first round of prepped cases in the tumbler right now getting all shined up!

Looks good. Get back into reloading and for John C's rifle.:D I like your set up, Rock Chucker Supreme and Charge Master.
One thing I see is the old RCBS lube pad? I used to use one years ago. But have moved to a mo better spray on lanolin lube.
Much easier to clean off. I have had excellent results with Dillon spray lube and the homemade stuff. I remove the lube
by misting them with water and roll them in an old bath towel. All the components for the lube I bought on Amazon.:rolleyes:
Have fun shooting your G-ran.
IMG_3063.JPG

View attachment 761905

Well, I guess you could call this more of a multi-use shop bench which is why I don't permanently mount my reloading gear. However, I managed to get everything out of storage, and for the first time in years started processing brass for my Garand again! Yesterday I put on a movie, popped in the earbuds, and before I knew it had over 200 cases de-primed, resized, case prepped and ready to reload! Now I'm just waiting on some Sierra Match King 168gr .308 to arrive and I'll be whipping up a batch of true match grade Garand ammo.

Mind sharing your powder(s) and weights? I'm faily new to loading long gun but I have loaded and shot a couple boxes of 150 gr Sierra MK HPBT using IMR 4064 and H-4895 in MY fired PPU cases.

Looks good. Get back into reloading and for John C's rifle.:D I like your set up, Rock Chucker Supreme and Charge Master.
One thing I see is the old RCBS lube pad? I used to use one years ago. But have moved to a mo better spray on lanolin lube.
Much easier to clean off. I have had excellent results with Dillon spray lube and the homemade stuff. I remove the lube
by misting them with water and roll them in an old bath towel. All the components for the lube I bought on Amazon.

I actually have both the lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol on order from Amazon. I just couldn't wait until it arrives to get started, so I used the old standby pad and case lube.

Got the first 50 done baby!
IMG_20201018_164932796.jpg
• Greek HXP brass
• Sierra Match King 168gr HPBT
• 45gr IMR 4895
• Winchester Large Rifle Primers
• OAL 3.30

I won't be able to make it to the range for another week, but I'm going to load another 50 with IMR 4064 and see if I get any different groupings.

Mind sharing your powder(s) and weights? I'm faily new to loading long gun but I have loaded and shot a couple boxes of 150 gr Sierra MK HPBT using IMR 4064 and H-4895 in MY fired PPU cases.

Sorry for the late reply Mike- here you go: Master Po's Temple- M1 Garand Reloading Data

I do agree with the sentiment another poster made about dropping charges by 2 grains. You can always work your way up from there.

Last Edited:
Got the first 50 done baby!
View attachment 764486
• Greek HXP brass
• Sierra Match King 168gr HPBT
• 45gr IMR 4895
• Winchester Large Rifle Primers
• OAL 3.30

I won't be able to make it to the range for another week, but I'm going to load another 50 with IMR 4064 and see if I get any different groupings.

Nice work. I find IMR 4064 is a little better accuracy than IMR 4895. The 168 SMK is probably the most accurate bullet you can use
in the M1. They are pretty exspensive. I find lighter powder charges at "Starting Point" works best for me. Trying some 125 Speer TNT
for the short line. Weigh each powder charge.
1603101656794.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top