JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+$210 here

Roughly $20K overall increase in value. Forking $2740 this year.

Last Edited:
Less than $100 increase. Still, $6K is @ssrape in any context.

I'll be gone from this horrifying, overcrowded, skinny jeans liberal infested, anti-gun county in less than 2 years.

Last Edited:
"Interesting" Property value went up almost $20,000 (no change in the house etc.) Taxable value went up $3150.00 And taxes increased just $58.00 compared to last year.

My postage stamp sized lot went up $5,720, and my house $5,350. Taxes went up $150.87
Where do they come up with this bubblegum. It's not based on any "real" value.

Then they have the gall to allow a zillion homes to be built in the 2006 floodplain. Oh wait, that was just a wet winter. :) Those homes are going to be under 2' of water this winter.

For years I always wondered why I got so disgusted when my tax bill showed up and none of my friends really seemed to care much. Then it occurred to me; They all have theirs wrapped up in their mortgage payment whereas I bought my house on an owner-carried contract. I have to write that fat tax check every year. It's all part of the boiled frog syndrome...the reason they also pull your income tax out of a paycheck before you get paid. If every American was presented with a huge tax bill once a year you can be damn sure there would be more accountability when it comes to .gov waste.

For years I always wondered why I got so disgusted when my tax bill showed up and none of my friends really seemed to care much. Then it occurred to me; They all have theirs wrapped up in their mortgage payment whereas I bought my house on an owner-carried contract. I have to write that fat tax check every year. It's all part of the boiled frog syndrome...the reason they also pull your income tax out of a paycheck before you get paid. If every American was presented with a huge tax bill once a year you can be damn sure there would be more accountability when it comes to .gov waste.

Dude.... I get paid weekly, and I get pissed every Friday when I see about $1,500 in various taxes deducted from my gross pay... per week! :mad:

Ours only went up about $50.00. But last year it went up $200.00+. We're a good chunk over $3000.00 now for a 1000sq' ranch, in a semi depressed NE PDX neighborhood. They say our house/property is valued at $270,000.00. :eek: I bet I couldn't get 200K for it.

Serious question. Has anyone here refuted their property tax bill? Seem my neighbors, in older homes, have the same property value pretty much, but their taxes are like $700.00 less?

Mine went up about $300.

Most of the value is the land because the house is a manufactured home (although it increased in value too I am not sure how as manufactured homes generally depreciate) - when I bought this property the land was about $13K per acre and now the county says it is about $17K per acre only 3 years later.

Overall, the county says tax value has increased by about $65K. Zillow says market value has increased by twice that. I think if I sold today it would be somewhere in between, maybe closer to what Zillow says, because neither the county nor Zillow has been around to look at it, they are just going by general market conditions. I have put in a lot of work in the land near the house, and paved the driveway and paid my share of paving the private road - all together cost me about $25K last year - so I believe the value is should increase.

That said, I am going to sell some acreage to the neighbor and he already has rights to some of it as an easement, so those two together will reduce my acreage by about a third, but I don't think it will actually decrease the value much if any; once you get above a certain amount of acreage with a house, unless it is arable land (mine isn't - too steep) then it doesn't matter too much how much acreage you have - whether it is 10 or 15 acres doesn't matter much to most people who are looking for this kind of property. So I get the cash from the acreage I sell and can still sell the property later for about the same as if it still had the acreage I sold.

The goal is to then buy ten plus acres further out and build a new house with the equity from this property, and retire without a mortgage and no debt.

this is our first year paying property tax. I believe its $2850. it gets paid when i pay my mortgage every month. we got a killer deal on this house as the person who live her passed and her kids didnt want the house. i believe my house has gone up 30k since we bought it back in february. :D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top