JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just before the ban bill hit. I've already been scoping Tennessee, Texas and Florida as relocation hubs, having visited Florida 4 times in the past couple years with whatever gf I was with at the time. Glad I've been preparing. I still need to visit TN before I decide but it looks perfect on paper, mountains, low property taxes, no traffic, low cost of living, good tech job market, landlord friendly and no permit to carry required.

Florida is good weather and friendly women but insurance, taxes and hurricanes suck.

Texas is good but the hub spot of illegal immigration.

Tennessee over Texas over Florida, between the 3, if given a choice.

That's with no time spent in Texas. About equal vacationing time in Florida & Tennessee.

My folks did the snow bird thing in Florida from Mass for a few seasons, didn't like it either. Then did the snow bird thing a few seasons in South Carolina. Bought & built in SC x2. My moms in a townhouse not too far from their last build. SC isn't for us (Oregon is home).

Tennessee over Texas over Florida, between the 3, if given a choice.

That's with no time spent in Texas. About equal vacationing time in Florida & Tennessee.

My folks did the snow bird thing in Florida from Mass for a few seasons, didn't like it either. Then did the snow bird thing a few seasons in South Carolina. Bought & built in SC x2. My moms in a townhouse not too far from their last build. SC isn't for us (Oregon is home).
Why TN over Texas over FL? Please cite reasons.

Why TN over Texas over FL? Please cite reasons.
Simply preference.

Certainly there COULD BE areas of Florida we MIGHT enjoy living. However there ARE areas of TN we WOULD enjoy living.

Not having first hand experience visiting TX, my statement is purely conjecture. However our experience with the areas of Florida visited were poor enough to make that last over TX. Plus families extended stays in various areas of Florida has influence as well.

lived in 10 States, visited 48, Oregon is the best.

there's no way i'd live in the SE USA again. weather sucks most the year, bugs everywhere just waiting to kill ya, and a jesus cult building on every corner.

hippies over rednecks any day. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads