JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good story!
Cut my teeth in the auto industry and have had foul language ever since.
In a morning meeting on a site in Ingleside, TX, ask, "how do I get to Arkansas from here?"
Guy named Jason pipes up, "head North 'til you feel like f¿#king your sister, then turn right."
The room split with howls of laughter.

A few months ago I decided to look for other employment. WAY too many hours and whole months without a day off. Couldnt ever get out to shoot. Decided to bag it and find another job. Anyway I found a job and started last week as the maintenance manager for a big packaging company in Charlotte. On Monday , three days into it one of my mechanics came in and asked for the whole last two weeks of December off to go to Arkansas to visit his wifes family. Before I said NO the first thing that came out of my mouth was

"Arkansas? Was she your sister or your cousin before the wedding?"

He started screaming at me and running down the hallway yelling at the top of his lungs for HR as fast as he could. Within 10 minutes I see whats going down and I'm on the phone making a few calls to my peeps. At 4PM the HR manager came in and canned me as expected. Ive never been fired before. My personality works fine in some places but its not for everyone. In any case I spent half the day on the phone yesterday and landed a better job in a brand new facility running maintenance and engineering. Starts Monday. I hope I see that little SOB walk through my door looking for a job some day.

You are my f---ing hero!

This is the best thing i have read all week.

Nowadays people get butt hurt way too easy.

Yep. People have no sense of humor, at all. Everything "triggers" them. We have one of those in our family. Loves to pick on people... but don't you dare retaliate... She will ruin the evening for everyone.

Caveat: if you like to make jokes but can't take a joke, then you are not being funny, you are being an a*hole.

I hope I see that little SOB walk through my door looking for a job some day.
If you ever see that butthurt pansyass again, after you're done shredding him, send him to this guy...
Thicker skins.PNG

A few months ago I decided to look for other employment. WAY too many hours and whole months without a day off. Couldnt ever get out to shoot. Decided to bag it and find another job. Anyway I found a job and started last week as the maintenance manager for a big packaging company in Charlotte. On Monday , three days into it one of my mechanics came in and asked for the whole last two weeks of December off to go to Arkansas to visit his wifes family. Before I said NO the first thing that came out of my mouth was

You're three days into the job and your saying crap like that to people you don't really know? That is really bad situational awareness on your part. You're not getting much sympathy from me.

If you ever see that butthurt pansyass again, after you're done shredding him, send him to this guy...
View attachment 792339

In retrospect he really didnt get butthurt all that much until I told him he probably want going to get the time off unless I could get someone to cover his shift.
You're three days into the job and your saying crap like that to people you don't really know? That is really bad situational awareness on your part. You're not getting much sympathy from me.
That hurts my feeling.

So 3rd day on the job. Contractor that I had working with all of my guys yesterday training on new equipment comes in telling me about his weirdly vivid dreams last night . How he had a headache and felt like crap , not much sleep, head congestion etc. But hey, lets get started . Having had Covid 19 I'm like....Your'e out of here. So I boot him out the door and told HR about it. Now all of us are on a 7 day vacation. This month sucks.

So 3rd day on the job. Contractor that I had working with all of my guys yesterday training on new equipment comes in telling me about his weirdly vivid dreams last night . How he had a headache and felt like crap , not much sleep, head congestion etc. But hey, lets get started . Having had Covid 19 I'm like....Your'e out of here. So I boot him out the door and told HR about it. Now all of us are on a 7 day vacation. This month sucks.
Told you you gonna sniffle. :D

Not me. Ive had it. I'm just enjoying a nice paid 7 day vacation now.
My company requires 14 days of paid vacation if you are exposed to Covid. All sick hours due to the virus, or exposure to the virus are comped by the company.

But, if you stay home because you think you are coming down with it, or were exposed to someone that you think has it, and the tests turn out negative, then you burn up your sick time for no reason.

So, many people aren't willing to gamble with their sick time and still come to work sick and end up spreading the virus.

That sucks. When I had Covid at my prior employer I took 10 days off which was too little IMHO as I came back right in the middle of the "covid stupid" part when short and long term memory are a thing of the past and breathing through a mask isnt going to happen . What the HR guys dont tell you is they are given a full tax credit for any time you are off.

He started screaming at me and running down the hallway yelling at the top of his lungs for HR as fast as he could. Within 10 minutes I see whats going down and I'm on the phone making a few calls to my peeps. At 4PM the HR manager came in and canned me as expected. Ive never been fired before. My personality works fine in some places but its not for everyone. In any case I spent half the day on the phone yesterday and landed a better job in a brand new facility running maintenance and engineering. Starts Monday. I hope I see that little SOB walk through my door looking for a job some day.
One day at work I received a email that there was a class coming up on how to talk to your teenage daughter about sex. I replied asking if they would also have a class about how to talk to your wife about sex. Yep, I got called in to meet the HR manager and my department head. I told them that I was serious and couldn't understand what their problem was. They didn't seem to see the humor in my comment but there wasn't much they could do about it when I explained my position which of course was BS. This is corporate America today and I do t miss it at all.

I understand about people being too sensitive nowadays but he possibly took it as an insult to his wife rather than a joke about Arkansas (ie personal insult to his family not just general joke).

Disrespecting someone's wife may result in much worse than getting fired so I would tread lightly in that area. Once a contractor disrespected my wife and I fired him that second. It was a very big and expensive job too. He probably thought it was a joke also, I don't know. That's just an area you don't go to, like ever.

I understand about people being too sensitive nowadays but he possibly took it as an insult to his wife rather than a joke.

Disrespecting someone's wife may result in much worse than getting fired so I would tread lightly in that area. Once a contractor disrespected my wife and I fired him that second. It was a very big and expensive job too. He probably thought it was a joke also, I don't know. That's just an area you don't go to, like ever.
They are usually people who disrespect their own wives, much like their father did his. But to do/say something about someone else's wife is just asking for trouble. Running to HR isn't the way most men would handle this.

My mouth has gotten my in a lot of trouble over the years. Luckily my skill set and work ethic are over the top. Starting a new position in a few weeks as a project engineer working remote so I'll be able to interact with fewer people :).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads