JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few months ago I decided to look for other employment. WAY too many hours and whole months without a day off. Couldnt ever get out to shoot. Decided to bag it and find another job. Anyway I found a job and started last week as the maintenance manager for a big packaging company in Charlotte. On Monday , three days into it one of my mechanics came in and asked for the whole last two weeks of December off to go to Arkansas to visit his wifes family. Before I said NO the first thing that came out of my mouth was

"Arkansas? Was she your sister or your cousin before the wedding?"

He started screaming at me and running down the hallway yelling at the top of his lungs for HR as fast as he could. Within 10 minutes I see whats going down and I'm on the phone making a few calls to my peeps. At 4PM the HR manager came in and canned me as expected. Ive never been fired before. My personality works fine in some places but its not for everyone. In any case I spent half the day on the phone yesterday and landed a better job in a brand new facility running maintenance and engineering. Starts Monday. I hope I see that little SOB walk through my door looking for a job some day.

Haha, people have no sense of humor at work these days. Congrats on the job upgrade. .....Don't ya wonder if Stomper is self-employed?

I'd a changed my ring tone to, "Arkansas? Was she your sister or your cousin before the wedding?"
and called him a punk lier to his face.

not really

Haha, people have no sense of humor at work these days

That's why it's best to don't talk to NONE of 'em! AND, don't talk to people you don't know about anything other than simple brainless topics...nice day...how ya' doin', good, good. etc.

Last Edited:
I hope I see that little SOB walk through my door looking for a job some day.

Doubt you get that chance, sniffling winey little B that needs to run to HR for everything will probably die in the harness working the same job after 20yrs.

I'd a changed my ring tone to, "Arkansas? Was she your sister or your cousin before the wedding?"
and called him a punk lier to his face.

not really

I admit I had to google that to see if it was some country song. It went right to, Cousin Marriage Law! Ok so now I know that's actually a thing. :eek:

Now days you sadly have to be super careful about what you say to anyone at work and even more careful what you say on social media. I still see an amazing number of people put stuff on the web that ends up getting them canned at work. Most of them seem shocked when it comes at them later. It's just the world as we know it now.

A few months ago I decided to look for other employment. WAY too many hours and whole months without a day off. Couldnt ever get out to shoot. Decided to bag it and find another job. Anyway I found a job and started last week as the maintenance manager for a big packaging company in Charlotte. On Monday , three days into it one of my mechanics came in and asked for the whole last two weeks of December off to go to Arkansas to visit his wifes family. Before I said NO the first thing that came out of my mouth was

He started screaming at me and running down the hallway yelling at the top of his lungs for HR as fast as he could. Within 10 minutes I see whats going down and I'm on the phone making a few calls to my peeps. At 4PM the HR manager came in and canned me as expected. Ive never been fired before. My personality works fine in some places but its not for everyone. In any case I spent half the day on the phone yesterday and landed a better job in a brand new facility running maintenance and engineering. Starts Monday. I hope I see that little SOB walk through my door looking for a job some day.
Your humor is fine, actually very good. Some folks just are so friggin miserable they cant find a laugh while others, due to their own insecurity, just are always on alert to put someone else down. Don't change.

I think it is funny but I would be careful about pulling a joke like this on colleagues who are new to you. I love cracking sarcastic jokes at work too, I work from home full time and when I get together with my colleagues online or even when I'm with customers I do a little of it but I'm always careful not sound offensive.

Where I work, on day 1 I heard the parts guy get called a bald headed homo (different word but the bubblegum filter might catch it) and I knew I was in a "safe" place. That guy that called HR would have been a real headache if you stuck around, anyhow.

Back in the early 90's when Thomason Ford was in business, they had two guys working the front counter and one day a guy comes in the store with an earring in his ear, one of counter guys turned to the other and asked "Is it right ear queer, left ear buccaneer?? Or is it the other way"
Couldn't get away with saying that now....

I will say that the place I am starting Monday when I met with the plant manager a few weeks ago I had my middle son in tow as he is studying mechanical engineering and wanted to see the facility. All state of the art 60 million dollar brand shiny new. My son has a LOT of hair. The plant manager looked at him and said " You need a God Damned hair cut boy you look like a F'n girl. " I laughed my bubblegum off.

Pretty sure I'll fit in better there.

Things are moving fast like this because I had 3 job offers all on the same day a few weeks back and both of the two I didnt take hadnt filled the position yet and were still willing to talk. I had initially taken the one closest to home but not necessarily the best one. Otherwise I'd be scrambling as it takes a good 6 weeks start to finish to land this level position.

In the private realm, I'm kind of surprised you didn't get a warning of some sort, or put onto a training class.

Government is worse. You look at someone wrong, and it could be an act of white supremacy if they are of another color. Things like, micro aggressions occur or non equitable treatment. It's all rather disgusting if you ask me. Even worse part, if they are anything but white, they can be completely racist to you and judge you solely by the color of your skin. Then the higher up within government, even at a local level, they get to do whatever they want, so long as the public outcry can be prevented.

Nowadays people get butt hurt way too easy. You know this imbecile had an ulterior motive by acting the way he did. You did the right thing though and manned up to what you said. It paid off as you got a way better job. Good luck with the new one and hopefully soon the jackwad may come looking for a job. That would truly be justice. Again good luck to you in the new endeavor.

Even worse part, if they are anything but white, they can be completely racist to you and judge you solely by the color of your skin. Then the higher up within government, even at a local level, they get to do whatever they want, so long as the public outcry can be prevented.
I have seen people of color get more passes than Tom Brady at work. Just awful behavior completely ignored by HR. Multiple complaints of sexual harassment, unsafe driving in the parking lot, yelling and screaming at coworkers, etc.

Had a boss who would habitually yell at me and shove his finger in my face out on the floor and he was sleeping with HR and there is no way I'd go that route anyway. Its a lot of the reason I dont work there any more.

Atleast you were straight up with your question.
Down there they say
" incest is best, No need to roam when you get it at home"

Some where down that wsy a young man joined the Armed Forces and they stopped in Italy for R&R. He met a beautiful Itailian girl and the hit it right off. When he got back home he went about telling his dad about her.
He said he met the most beautiful woman he'd ever met and they fell in love andcwill be getting married.
His father congradulated him and was happy he gound his true love.
The son went on and told his dad she was still a virgin.
The dad got pissed and said to his son
"Like hell you will marry that bubbleguming bubblegum, she ain't good enough for her family, She ain't good enough for ours"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top