JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even a year later, or however old this thread is... I still can't fathom how anyone has any kind of actual paranoia about this.

Do you think there are just just droves of perverts out there with a collective armada of drones used to sneak peeks at your fat hairy bubblegum taking a dump?

Do not get it.

I've personally never seen a drone hovering around my house, haven't heard of it happening to anyone I know, haven't seen any community alerts about it in my local community feeds, haven't even seen any news articles about it happening regionally or even nationally (though I deliberately avoid "the news," in general).

Tell me how this is a real concern, boys?
I take the garbage out on Sunday afternoon for pickup Monday morning. One Sunday while taking out the said garbage I saw a drone hovering over my house at roughly 150 feet. When it saw me it took off in a hurry. I text a freind of mine asking if it wss his it was. Told him it was s good thing it was his. The answet is yes it happens

I take the garbage out on Sunday afternoon for pickup Monday morning. One Sunday while taking out the said garbage I saw a drone hovering over my house at roughly 150 feet. When it saw me it took off in a hurry. I text a freind of mine asking if it wss his it was. Told him it was s good thing it was his. The answet is yes it happens

What what percentage of drones observed in neighborhoods do you think are being used for nefarious ends?

I have a friend who's built an astonishingly successful real estate aerial photography business with drones, and it's becoming an industry.

Greenbee UAV – Aerial Photography

You shoot this guy's drone, because you don't understand why there'd be a drone chilling in your neighborhood, he's probably gonna come looking to get that $10k out of your bubblegum.

Stay away from my property and we will all live happily ever after.
What makes your property so sacred that a dude inadvertently hovering a drone over your discarded tire pile while he zooms in on your neighbor's estate to take a good high-resolution picture or three is worth shooting it down?

well i dont have a tire pile but if I did it would be mine and something I probably worked for and if this idiot with a drone cant understand personsl property rights and respect then we have a failure to communicate on a very basic level. I will not go looking for a fight but I also expect my right to be left alone and that includes drones..

Just so ya know, the feds take shooting at ANY airborne mechanical object as shooting at an aircraft, and you will be facing FEDERAL CHARGES!!! Does not matter if its the kid down the street's Christmas present, or the $10k "professional" version, they treat it like you just downed a Cessna loaded with Nuns!!! If you have a Drone visiting your home, you might wanna investigate the reasons before acting, Could be a Police emergency, Or....................

Just so ya know, the feds take shooting at ANY airborne mechanical object as shooting at an aircraft, and you will be facing FEDERAL CHARGES!!! Does not matter if its the kid down the street's Christmas present, or the $10k "professional" version, they treat it like you just downed a Cessna loaded with Nuns!!! If you have a Drone visiting your home, you might wanna investigate the reasons before acting, Could be a Police emergency, Or....................
I understand thanks for the clarity i will be placing charges against for invasion of privacy and being a peeping tom. Wherre did my right to privacy go? Do the drone owners now have the rights to do whatever they want. I think not.

Guys....the solution to this is simple.

If you have cause to feel it is somehow being deliberately used to your personal detriment in some way, forget the drone....identify and challenge the dam operator. If you are not satisfied with his response, call the police to file a harassment complaint.

Guys....the solution to this is simple.

If you have cause to feel it is somehow being deliberately used to your personal detriment in some way, forget the drone....identify and challenge the dam operator. If you are not satisfied with his response, call the police to file a harassment complaint.
Ok so how do you get ahold of the operator he could be two miles away and on the move.

I understand thanks for the clarity i will be placing charges against for invasion of privacy and being a peeping tom. Wherre did my right to privacy go? Do the drone owners now have the rights to do whatever they want. I think not.
If you are having issues with drones visiting your home, I would call the Cops FIRST and complain, if no resolution, then call the F.A.A. and ask for a "finding" on low aircraft use in your A.O. the Feds take this SERIOUS, and will go after the user, treating it as a violation of airspace/conflict of airspace. Look at the rules and regs for the A.M.A. as those are the laws currently being enforced by all agencies with regards to drones. Hope this helps!

I am speaking of a line of sight operator. If the thing is semi-autonomous and is being specifically targeted at you...a police complaint is even more called for.

If you are having issues with drones visiting your home, I would call the Cops FIRST and complain, if no resolution, then call the F.A.A. and ask for a "finding" on low aircraft use in your A.O. the Feds take this SERIOUS, and will go after the user, treating it as a violation of airspace/conflict of airspace. Look at the rules and regs for the A.M.A. as those are the laws currently being enforced by all agencies with regards to drones. Hope this helps!

With police report in hand.....yes.

I am speaking of a line of sight operator. If the thing is semi-autonomous and is being specifically targeted at you...a police complaint is even more called for.
I see a drone I call the police by the time the police respond it is long gone please tell me how exactly that helps a home owner prevent drones from personal privacy invasion.

Either way, shooting into the air is dangerous and irresponsible. I'm certainly not saying that a drone looking into my home is ok, but I'd rather not accidently harm my neighbors trying to dispatch it.

I have shot into he air many times - I have shot ducks, pheasants and quail with shot guns. Yes I understand that responsibility. I would not use a rifle or a pistol and l live out in the country.

I see a drone I call the police by the time the police respond it is long gone please tell me how exactly that helps a home owner prevent drones from personal privacy invasion.

This is like any other type of harassment case. You have to document and build a case. How do you document ? Take video. If this is just a casual case of mischief, the mere sight of you filming could discourage a second attempt.

No, the police don't have an anti-drone detail. Most of the effort to stop this would be on you. The more documentation you get, the more compelling a potential case would be.
A single barking dog report doesn't get any attention...a dozen or more does. That's just reality in the world we live in now.

I have shot into he air many times - I have shot ducks, pheasants and quail with shot guns. Yes I understand that responsibility. I would not use a rifle or a pistol and l live out in the country.

Same. Many times. There is always a time and place for safe shooting. A duck blind isn't likely to have a drone spying near it. :D

Pretty easy solution here I don't plan to look for trouble and certainly hoping to never find it. I will deal with the problem if it ever happens in a manner I determine to be appropriate. Thank you all for letting me understand the repercussions and your concerns. I certainly do not plan or want to hurt anyone but I will be damned if I let someone invade my privacy. I have managed to live a lawful life and hope to continue that endeavor. I am amazed at the lack of understanding of personal rights such as the inability to understand that everyone should have personal privacy.
Enough said.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR