JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned a pristine Win 75 target .22 for years. Lyman peep sights and heavy barrel. Wonderful older gun probably late 4o's earlay 50's. It has a pair of narrow bases on the barrel about 8" apart I assume set up for one of the older Unertl or Lyman ong scopes. Im guessing it was used for paper at 50'. My question is can I make this gun more useful for shooting varmints without a $5-600 + old Long scope? I'm not interested in drilling and tappin the reciever. It needs to be left just like it came. Maybe a long eye relief or pistol scope set up on the old bases. Somebody out there seen this done succesfully?Thanks for your experience and input in advance.

I've owned a pristine Win 75 target .22 for years. Lyman peep sights and heavy barrel. Wonderful older gun probably late 4o's earlay 50's. It has a pair of narrow bases on the barrel about 8" apart I assume set up for one of the older Unertl or Lyman ong scopes. Im guessing it was used for paper at 50'. My question is can I make this gun more useful for shooting varmints without a $5-600 + old Long scope? I'm not interested in drilling and tappin the reciever. It needs to be left just like it came. Maybe a long eye relief or pistol scope set up on the old bases. Somebody out there seen this done succesfully?Thanks for your experience and input in advance.I believe in gun control; Aim steady and squeeze the trigger![/IQUOTE]

a scout scope like above, or depending on what you have available to ya- would it be possible to make a picatinny rail mount to those 2 bases?

Thanks for the good idea on the scout scope. I got lucky and got a 15x Unertl that fits perfectly and is of the same vintage as the gun itself. Was suprised by the adjustability and the interesting cross-hair arrangement. The optics are not sealed so you take off the eye lense and attach a human hairs to a set of vertical and horizontal tine screws. Vintage stuff sure has a unique feel. Thanks again!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top