JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned a pristine Win 75 target .22 for years. Lyman peep sights and heavy barrel. Wonderful older gun probably late 4o's earlay 50's. It has a pair of narrow bases on the barrel about 8" apart I assume set up for one of the older Unertl or Lyman ong scopes. Im guessing it was used for paper at 50'. My question is can I make this gun more useful for shooting varmints without a $5-600 + old Long scope? I'm not interested in drilling and tappin the reciever. It needs to be left just like it came. Maybe a long eye relief or pistol scope set up on the old bases. Somebody out there seen this done succesfully?Thanks for your experience and input in advance.

I've owned a pristine Win 75 target .22 for years. Lyman peep sights and heavy barrel. Wonderful older gun probably late 4o's earlay 50's. It has a pair of narrow bases on the barrel about 8" apart I assume set up for one of the older Unertl or Lyman ong scopes. Im guessing it was used for paper at 50'. My question is can I make this gun more useful for shooting varmints without a $5-600 + old Long scope? I'm not interested in drilling and tappin the reciever. It needs to be left just like it came. Maybe a long eye relief or pistol scope set up on the old bases. Somebody out there seen this done succesfully?Thanks for your experience and input in advance.I believe in gun control; Aim steady and squeeze the trigger![/IQUOTE]

a scout scope like above, or depending on what you have available to ya- would it be possible to make a picatinny rail mount to those 2 bases?

Thanks for the good idea on the scout scope. I got lucky and got a 15x Unertl that fits perfectly and is of the same vintage as the gun itself. Was suprised by the adjustability and the interesting cross-hair arrangement. The optics are not sealed so you take off the eye lense and attach a human hairs to a set of vertical and horizontal tine screws. Vintage stuff sure has a unique feel. Thanks again!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top