JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I already looked into this. All stays the same, come
over drop off project. Magic happens and then you get a call and come pick up your project.
Same paperwork process.

Transfers of course will be handled differently of course.

I already looked into this. All stays the same, come
over drop off project. Magic happens and then you get a call and come pick up your project.
Same paperwork process.

Transfers of course will be handled differently of course.
Oh? I thought that the gunsmith had to put the firearm in their books if it stays overnight? But no transfer paperwork is required on pickup?

I actually looked into this since i have a rifle in the works. Theres actually an exception in the new law for gunsmithing, repairs etc.

Business as usual.

Gunsmiths keep two log books. One is the standard acquisition and disposition log that all dealers have. If a gun goes in that book, it has to have a background check to be retrieved. If something were traded to, sold to, or put on consignment to a dealer, this is the book the gun would go in. Same if you use a gunsmith to do a transfer.
For a repair job, the gun goes in the other log, the repair log. If it goes in this book, so long as the same person is picking the gun up, no bgc is required to pick it up.
Sound about right @Velzey?

Gunsmiths keep two log books. One is the standard acquisition and disposition log that all dealers have. If a gun goes in that book, it has to have a background check to be retrieved. If something were traded to, sold to, or put on consignment to a dealer, this is the book the gun would go in. Same if you use a gunsmith to do a transfer.
For a repair job, the gun goes in the other log, the repair log. If it goes in this book, so long as the same person is picking the gun up, no bgc is required to pick it up.

Q: Does a repair log get turned into the ATF when the FFL surrender's their license?

Spot on!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews