JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good Morning, I have a few USMC Woodland MARPAT Gore Tex jackets (what can I say? Their CAMO is just better than the US Army's, "Digital Rock Quarry", sadly my Alma Mater). They see some rough use, but they are built hell for stout. I also have a TRU-SPEC MARPAT jacket, not as well made.

While out hunting, the right side flap pocket got torn on the USMC jacket, so I decided to try out a semi-local, mail order GORE TEX repair shop "Rainy Day Pass" in Seattle, WA. This being a non-granola, evil Military jacket so I emailed first for clearance to ship, they were AOK with that, so off it went.

About a week passed and I got a phone call. They had tested all the seams for water proof'ness(??). The repair quote was reasonable ($105.00) so I said get 'er done and forgot about it. About three weeks went by when a package arrived.

The workmanship is superb. Now, the outer fabric repair was pretty typical, but inside, the seam taping and repair was top shelf. They used the better three (-03-) inch wide GORE SEAM TAPE, not the chincy one (-01-) inch tape that is used on the TRU-SPEC jacket. The seam tape workmanship is so stout that I cannot get a fingernail under the edge of the seam tape. I am impressed. Impressed enough to send them the TRU-SPEC jacket to re seam tape and fix all the half-assed bungy cord adjustment gizmos that have disintegrated over time.

You do get what you pay for. The TRU-SPEC jackets seem like a bargain at $90.00 but you can get the real deal on EBAY for a few dollars more. You decide.

The good folks at Rainy Day Pass do more than GORE TEX repair work, if you have been of outdoor gear repair, I would highly recommend them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top