JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking over my chronograph data I see I mis-spoke, 12.0grs AA#9 with the 170's = about 1200 fps out of a 4" GP-100 and about 1350 fps out of a 6" Security six. Both shot the same day. My notes say no leading and very accurate in both guns.

If I was to use H-110 I'd load 14.5 grs and expect similar results as above.

Received my order today. Very fast service. Bullets look good. Only drawback is that when seated to the crimping groove, the cartridge is too long for my older S&W Model 28 with recessed chambers in the cylinder. They fit fine in my GP-100 and may be OK in my SP-101, but will have to shoot a few to make sure they stay put against the recoil snce they are a!most flush with the face of the cylinder. I loaded them with 14.5 gr of W-296 and wspm primers. Any other tried and true loads with this 170 gr SWC?

I've bought a lot of Badman bullets....
Yes, in Lebanon. Good bullets!

Been meaning to try a sample pack from this guy - can't beat his sample price of $10/100 and you can mix in 25 round packs
<broken link removed>
Yes! Travis is a stellar individual. Haven't ordered bulk yet but I have picked up brass and some FMJ 150gr pills for 308 from him. Heck he even delivered once when he was going to be in town.

I got out to the woods today to try the 158gr SWC from TB. For a comparison I also shot 158gr SWC from Laser-Cast using their data with a max load of 14.5gr of H110. The Laser-Cast OAL was 1.570" per their data, but the TB bullet ended up right at 1.600" OAL. The bullets are both right around 0.7" long. In 60F temps the Laser-Cast load chronos at 1160 FPS from my 4 5/8" barreled Blackhawk.

All shots were taken standing with no rest at 7 yards.

5 shot groups. Laser-Cast on the left and TB on the right.
357 SWC-1.jpg

Now I'll step over to my excuse cone... It was about 28F with about 4" of snow on the ground and a bit of wind most of the time. I also didn't get around to these loads till we'd already been out there about an hour so I was starting to get a bit numb.

10shot groups. Laser-Cast on the left and TB on the right.
357 SWC-2.jpg

I admit it, the one Laser-Cast and two TB fliers were me. I was starting to think about how I couldn't feel my toes anymore.

Clearly the TB is not limiting my accuracy potential and all I can see on paper are some torn hole edges due to the rounded shoulders on some bullets. If you compete or require a higher degree of accuracy then you'll have to do your own testing. No leading observed, but only 30 shots fired today and half were the Laser-Cast which I know won't lead. I am satisfied that for this type of shooting the TB will serve me fine at a much lower cost.

357 SWC-1.jpg

357 SWC-2.jpg

Yep - Me too - by the looks of your results!
Just a quick follow up on the T&B Bullets 170gr Keith style SWC. Chronographed a few loads today (at 23 degrees).
14.5 gr W-296 WSPM primer, Midway case:
1332 fps avg, 27 SD out of a 6" GP-100
1274 fps avg 22 SD out of a 5" GP-100

7.9 gr Power Pistol CCI-500 Winchester case:
1224 fps avg. 14 SD 6" GP-100
1177 fps avg. 14 SD. 5" GP-100

13.0 gr 2400 CCI-500 Winchester case
1259 fps avg. 44 SD 6" GP-100

7.5 gr Power Pistol CCI-500, Winchester case
1148 fps avg. 15 SD. 6" GP-100
995 fps avg 5 SD 2" SP-101

It was too cold to shoot for accuracy, but the offhand shooting my son and I did for the chronograph numbers looked pretty good. We also found out Shoot & See stick on targets don't stick so good in temps below 25 degrees! The other impressive result was the very minimal leading in our GP-100's. I will definitely be ordering some more of these excellent, economical cast bullets soon. I also was very pleased with the Power Pistol powder performance. To get the 170 gr bullet over 1200 fps out of a 6 inchrevolver with 7.9 gr of powder makes me very happythat I impulsively bought a 4 lb. Keg during the powder shortage when nothing else was available.Even the lighter load at almost 1000 fps , with an extreme spread of only 15 fps out of the SP-101 snubby was very impressive!
All the loads extracted easily with nice rounded primer edges and no signs of excessive pressure. Can't wait for it warm up a bit and shoot them from srest for accuracy.

I need to revisit my T&B loads for accuracy once it warms up, but the chrono results (10mm) were good.

180gr TC True Blue 1,280 (probably a little hot for True Blue)
180gr 38-40 RNFP Longshot 1,208 (mild load).

These were coated then sized.

I ordered 1k of Travis's 230gr RN bullets yesterday 1/21/16 and they arrived today! Now that is what I call a quick turnaround time! I am pleasantly surprised at this rapid delivery, and many thanks to Travis at TB Bullets for the smooth transaction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top