JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I priced X Treme hard cast and found its more than their plated bullets.

Would like to use home grown, Laser cast is more than X Treme so I won't go there.

Any input appreciated.

I've bought a lot of Badman bullets, not sure if he claims to be hardcast or not. He's here in Oregon and makes good bullets, I've shot thousands without a problem

Have been on the website and seen 113 free shipping for 230RN 45. 1k ct.

Not bad, seems to be about a $10 difference between X Treme plated (shipping included) and badman lead.

Not suggesting that it would be the norm, but Travis accommodated special requests of mine on two occasions (I Needed them unsized / lubed so I could coat / size myself).

Regardless if it took more or less effort on his part, he was happy to oblige, and I got the product very quickly.

+1AAAAAA :)

I'd never heard of TB till this thread so I ordered 100 of his 0.358" 158gr SWC on Thursday afternoon, he shipped Friday and they just arrived in the Saturday mail. The city frowns on backyard ballistics testing so I haven't had a chance to test for accuracy and leading yet, but I did a comparison to my supply of Laser-Cast 158gr SWC by randomly inspecting 10 of each manufacturer.

Laser-Cast:
157.1gr - 157.6gr
0.3575" - 0.358"

TB:
157.3gr - 159.3gr
0.3565" - 0.358"

The Laser-Cast were the same diameter no matter how I rotated the bullet, but if I rotated the TB bullets they would measure as much as 0.001" difference in diameter which means they were not all a perfect circle.

What I actually noticed first was that the shoulder of many of the TB SWC were rounded instead of sharp on one side, as if the mold did not completely fill. I did not see any such imperfections on the Laser-Cast bullets. This is very subjective, but I scratched the bases of each with a pick and while the Laser-Cast was harder, it wasn't by a whole lot. And lastly, I counted twice just to be sure, but my bag of 100 had 91 bullets. It is most likely that he accidentally used the weight of 148gr bullets when packaging. Now I've never counted a Laser-Cast box of 500, but I doubt they are 9% light.

The Laser-Cast are $67.75 per 500 while the TB are $40.50, but even if 9% light you're still only at $44.50. I plan to get out and do some shooting in the next week or so and will report back if the TB bullets are as accurate as the Laser-Cast despite their inconsistencies.

I'd never heard of TB till this thread so I ordered 100 of his 0.358" 158gr SWC on Thursday afternoon, he shipped Friday and they just arrived in the Saturday mail. The city frowns on backyard ballistics testing so I haven't had a chance to test for accuracy and leading yet, but I did a comparison to my supply of Laser-Cast 158gr SWC by randomly inspecting 10 of each manufacturer.

Laser-Cast:
157.1gr - 157.6gr
0.3575" - 0.358"

TB:
157.3gr - 159.3gr
0.3565" - 0.358"

The Laser-Cast were the same diameter no matter how I rotated the bullet, but if I rotated the TB bullets they would measure as much as 0.001" difference in diameter which means they were not all a perfect circle.

What I actually noticed first was that the shoulder of many of the TB SWC were rounded instead of sharp on one side, as if the mold did not completely fill. I did not see any such imperfections on the Laser-Cast bullets. This is very subjective, but I scratched the bases of each with a pick and while the Laser-Cast was harder, it wasn't by a whole lot. And lastly, I counted twice just to be sure, but my bag of 100 had 91 bullets. It is most likely that he accidentally used the weight of 148gr bullets when packaging. Now I've never counted a Laser-Cast box of 500, but I doubt they are 9% light.

The Laser-Cast are $67.75 per 500 while the TB are $40.50, but even if 9% light you're still only at $44.50. I plan to get out and do some shooting in the next week or so and will report back if the TB bullets are as accurate as the Laser-Cast despite their inconsistencies.
Nice.. thanks!
I clicked on the website and thought it nice that he offers .32 and some unchecked rifle. But woulda hoped that he'd a included actual diameter measurements instead of ".38" etc. etc.
Also, why offer SWC's in .45acp, .40, etc and not in "9" when it's the most common caliber on the planet? I know that that there is not just him but everyone.
I cast my own so anyways.

Oh and add..

."What I actually noticed first was that the shoulder of many of the TB SWC were rounded instead of sharp on one side, as if the mold did not completely fill. I did not see any such imperfections on the Laser-Cast bullets.".

That's the main thing when it comes to bullets.. especially the base. I think I actually saw some pics showcasing some examples (at TB) that showed unfilled/inferior edges.. the base being the most important of course.. (no pics of the bases as I recall).

Last Edited:
Just ordered 500 of his 170 gr Keith style SWC's for my .357 Mag revolvers. Figured I would try them out with 2400, Unique and Tite Group to see how they shoot. I don't suppose W-296 would be recommended for the plain base bullet, and if they are undersized will probably lead the bore quickly with high pressure/velocity loads.
T&B prices are really good, especially with free shipping.

I use H-110 behind the 170 T&B SWC's with no problems just keep the velocity down around 1150 fps. One thing is it's a long bullet so I have to crimp to the top of the crimp groove so it doesn't stick out of one of my revolver cylinders.

I use H-110 behind the 170 T&B SWC's with no problems just keep the velocity down around 1150 fps. One thing is it's a long bullet so I have to crimp to the top of the crimp groove so it doesn't stick out of one of my revolver cylinders.
That sounds pretty low but probably OK?
If I'm not mistaken, H-110 is one of the few powders one is vigorously warned to not load below minimum published.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top