JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trlsmn,

As far as trigger reach is concerned I had the same problem with the P220, but was able to resolve it by buying a set of Hogue's G-10 grips. They shave quite a bit off of the thickness of the grips, I've heard good things about Sig's "thin" grips for the P220. But I do not have experience with them.

I have the G-10's on my P229 and also had them on a P225. IMO the best grips you can put on a Sig. I also ordered the Sig "thin" Grips for my P220 and was a little disappointed with the fit and finish on them. They left a large gap on the seam between the grip panels. You also need to make sure you have a newer P220 or they will not fit properly without some serious modifications to the grip panels. They did make the P-220 grip smaller but I ended up going back to the stock grips. If you got the doe down the road buy a pair of the G-10's they are not cheap but will really change the feel of your pistol.

I have a buddy that got the Alumagrips (O.D. Green) for a 1911 and they actually didn't feel that bad. The issue he had was the anodizing scratches and shows wear very easily. In fact one of them was showing a little silver on the checkering when it came out of the package. I have also heard some complaints about how cold they get in winter, but that's just hear say.

The Hogue aluminum grips I have for my p220 are very comfortable. Great grip, fit, and finish. I guess if I carried it while I was skiing or snowshoeing they might get cold, but under a coat in regular PNW, not something to remark upon.

+ on the Sigs I have P232 (380) and a =239 SAS (40) and I love them both. Shot a friends 220 in 45 abot 6 weeks ago and was able to shoot it really well . Then, when looking found a Sig 1911 C3. It is being shipped , havenlt seen it yet.But, I can't imagine not being happy with a Sig .

In your price range, i'd look at the EAA witness.
My father just sold his with 2 magazines and a 22lr conversion for $400.

an all metal frame with above par accuracy and rock hard reliability.
I'd check it out if I were you. Most gun shops carry them or their more expensive Cz equivalent. I have some nice 1911's, but this witness would have been mine if I had the money

I have handled these at the gun show a lot and have always been tempted. Very comfortable and seem to be nice quality, though I have never shot one. All the reviews I have read have been very positive. In this price range it seems like a great buy. I would consider the Springfield XD45 as well. You can get a used one in that range and they are bullit proof.

The Hogue aluminum grips I have for my p220 are very comfortable. Great grip, fit, and finish. I guess if I carried it while I was skiing or snowshoeing they might get cold, but under a coat in regular PNW, not something to remark upon.

How has the anodizing held up? Do you carry, how often, and what color are they. I am just curious? I like the Idea of grips that are pretty much unbreakable and the price is fair (better than G-10) but I was just sketchy on the ano issue. Like I said my buddies pair showed a lot of wear? Maybe just a bad batch?

You mentioned your girlfriend? If this is for her? I would check out the trigger reach on the Sig with her there before you buy it. My only complaint about Sig's is the long reach to the trigger, even with the Sig short trigger installed I have found that Sig's are still too long of a reach for my trigger finger. Barring that problem I would also recommend the Sig.

No its for me, she wants a .45, but this one is for me....Good info to know too, thanx! I think i'll hit up that JCWeaponry from the good reviews or whatever u call them, that people have posted on here.

I have owned a SIG P220 for 13 years. It shoots just as well as my Springfield Trophy Match 1911 if not better, the trigger is better, the gun is lighter, more comfortable to carry. Mine is an earlier one made in W. Germany.

Huge Sig fan here (I have 3 now, another one shortly) and can't say enough about the P220. I bought mine in 1998 on my 21st b-day. For me the grip is perfect and I love, love, love the decocker.

Having said that, you need to look at the FNP45. It is a GREAT value, especially for a double stack .45. The grip isn't that much wider than a 220, especially a 220 with the older pebble grips installed. The FNP has a decocker, but you can also carry it cocked and locked if you desire. You can get a new one for just over 500 bucks.

I have handled these at the gun show a lot and have always been tempted. Very comfortable and seem to be nice quality, though I have never shot one. All the reviews I have read have been very positive. In this price range it seems like a great buy. I would consider the Springfield XD45 as well. You can get a used one in that range and they are bullit proof.

I have the .40 compact and lovwe it. Will not sell it evar.. LOL... pickin up a xd45 compact this weekend.

How has the anodizing held up? Do you carry, how often, and what color are they. I am just curious? I like the Idea of grips that are pretty much unbreakable and the price is fair (better than G-10) but I was just sketchy on the ano issue. Like I said my buddies pair showed a lot of wear? Maybe just a bad batch?

This is not my EDC, but does get some carry time. The grips look as new as when I got them. Unfortunately I cannot say how they will hold up under more constant concealed wear - that really wasn't a factor for me personally. Mine are a matte black.

This is not my EDC, but does get some carry time. The grips look as new as when I got them. Unfortunately I cannot say how they will hold up under more constant concealed wear - that really wasn't a factor for me personally. Mine are a matte black.

Thanks for the info duginsky and Felix sorry for getting a little off topic on your thread.

If you want a .45 that's not a 1911, definitely go with the p220. I love mine and so do all my friends that have shot it! One of my buddies keeps trying to trade me his Kimber 1911 for it, but no way!

It's not too hard to conceal either if you have your CHL.

I was in the same boat as you, I love my sig, was my sidearm when I served, very reliable, accurate fits my hand well, was the only sidearm I would consider carrying/using....Until a buddy wanted to get rid of his Kimber TLE/RL2, I was skeptical, I didnt want to like it, I felt like I was cheating on my sig,,But I love it, as accurate as my sig, feels great in my hand, my only complaint is the stupid takedown tool needed to fieldstrip this weapon, honestly why in gods name did Kimber do this.