JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so i am HOPING to get a nice used (or new) .45 auto. Wanting to keep it around $500 or cheaper...could go a bit more if i REALLY see sumthin i like, but I wanna top out around $500. We got my girl a Sig .22 mosquito last year (now she wants a .45 too, haha) and i really like the feel of it, and I am use to all the levers & breakdown & whatnot....I have been lookin a bit at the P220's and they look pretty nice...Any input/advice on the P220's and could i find a used one for that price range? My buddy has a Glock .45 i've shot quite a bit, and a few other buddies I have own some other .45's, I just wanna go with the Sig because i like the feel...any other idea's/options would be highly appreciated too...

Ok, so i am HOPING to get a nice used (or new) .45 auto. Wanting to keep it around $500 or cheaper...could go a bit more if i REALLY see sumthin i like, but I wanna top out around $500. We got my girl a Sig .22 mosquito last year (now she wants a .45 too, haha) and i really like the feel of it, and I am use to all the levers & breakdown & whatnot....I have been lookin a bit at the P220's and they look pretty nice...Any input/advice on the P220's and could i find a used one for that price range? My buddy has a Glock .45 i've shot quite a bit, and a few other buddies I have own some other .45's, I just wanna go with the Sig because i like the feel...any other idea's/options would be highly appreciated too...

get ahold of Jason of JCWEAPONRY and he can hook you up on SIGS. Certified preowned and new at incredible savings. Believe me, i bought 6 sigs from him already. He is a Sig dealer. He is in the Couve.

get ahold of Jason of JCWEAPONRY and he can hook you up on SIGS. Certified preowned and new at incredible savings. Believe me, i bought 6 sigs from him already. He is a Sig dealer. He is in the Couve.

Sweet! i'm out in forest grove, south of portland, the couve aint too far to go....thanx for the info man!

In your price range, i'd look at the EAA witness.
My father just sold his with 2 magazines and a 22lr conversion for $400.

an all metal frame with above par accuracy and rock hard reliability.
I'd check it out if I were you. Most gun shops carry them or their more expensive Cz equivalent. I have some nice 1911's, but this witness would have been mine if I had the money

sig p220 and the sig gsr revolutions( a tad bit more expensive) are what i'm looking at purchasing next, you can't go wrong with them. and i'm a hard up colt fan, but sigs have been pulling me to their evil ways.:s0114:
but self plug, i'm going to have a star pd in 45acp for sale here soon, i'm in hillsboro if you wanna check it out shoot me a pm, its a lightweight carry piece with a 4" barrel.

You want to go with the Sig because you like the feel? Absolutely!
you simply cannot go wrong with a Sig p220. It is a handgun you can bet your life on, with a track record to back it up. some prefer the earlier w.German guns to the newer US models.

I picked up my first Sig in the 90's and have owned several models in 9mm, .40 and .45. Out of the box the P220 is everything people say it is. Accurate, reliable, easy to maintain and yes totally "bullet proof". You will have no regrets investing in a P220. I will also say in these parts if your Sig shopping Jason of JCWEAPONRY is The Man!

Hate to sound like a gun snob, but 1 9 1 1 !!!

Incidentally (added as an afterthought), I have owned, shot, and carry a Sig 220. The trigger wasn't great, and while I got an increased capacity, it was bulkier to carry (in thickness at least). If I were so inclined to open carry a gun, I'd find a way to make a better trigger on a 220 and be all over it. But considering I concealed carry, the 1911 is just significantly easier in my opinion. With the options running around for that platform (SA, LDA, dingle stack, hi-cap, steel frame, aluminum frame, gov't, commander, officer's), I always figure there's something there that meets my need. I enjoyed the commander sized para hi-cap for a while, but wish the one I had was the LDA trigger though.

If you want a .45 that's not a 1911, definitely go with the p220. I love mine and so do all my friends that have shot it! One of my buddies keeps trying to trade me his Kimber 1911 for it, but no way!

It's not too hard to conceal either if you have your CHL.

Can't knock the Sig 45's. I've got all three sizes. P245, P220 Carry SAO, and a P220. The used P220's can be found around $500ish on gunbroker. If you get a used one, try and get one after sn 220xxx. They got beefed up a little around 219xxx to stand up better to +P ammo.

'nother +1 for a 220, I've the SAO version , it is a truly great gun, and another +1 for JC who gave me a top drawer deal on a 522 rifle and mags. If that's what you heart desires and you like the way it feels, find a way to scrape up what you need. If you settle for less you'll probably end up trading it ( at a loss) for a Sig later....

If the 220 breaks the bank, there's the fnp 45 which is about $400 from Cdnn .... another nice gun along the lines of the EAA witness mentioned above is the CZ97. It's about the size of a Ford Focus, but very, very accurate, easy to shoot and well made. Used they run $400-$500

Thanx for all the replies, very much appreciated and it sounds like the Sig is a good one to go with. As for the 1911's....I soooo want one too! that'll have to wait for now though...

You mentioned your girlfriend? If this is for her? I would check out the trigger reach on the Sig with her there before you buy it. My only complaint about Sig's is the long reach to the trigger, even with the Sig short trigger installed I have found that Sig's are still too long of a reach for my trigger finger. Barring that problem I would also recommend the Sig.