JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i will be soon taking my handgun safety course at the Oregon firearms academy then moving on to the sheriffs office for my CHL. my question is that i normally wear a pair of dockers and a button up to work, what would be a good concealed carry holster for this situation? i will be carrying my taurus 24/7 9mm

i saw this online and the idea intrigued me - what do you think? - <broken link removed>

Any advice is welcome

taurus.jpg

I haven't had luck with many of the shirt/holster combo things. Too much sagging and not enough control.

And appears to be a service sized handgun. That may be tough to hide in any holster. You could carry something like a Ruger LCP or similar in a pocket holster.

Alternatively, I would consider a crossbreed supertuck. It would allow you to carry on your strong side hip, but still tuck your shirt in. Either way a smaller gun will make concealing under a button up much easier.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Sorry but that looks like a big waste of money. IMHO a good holster [read GREAT holster] is an absolute must so do not skimp or be taken in by fads. Functionality is King in self defense.

I occasionally use pocket carry or ankle hoslter but only when the situation requires it. Otherwise a leather holster on a good gun belt is the most functional and comfortable for me.

My Raven Concealment holster can be worn OWB/IWB (depending on which belt accessories you choose), and you can tuck in a shirt around it when worn IWB. It's also very comfortable and non-bulky.

I have a Kel-tec P3AT with the belt clip attachment (easy to install, cost about $12). It is very comfortable and you can wear it with a tucked in shirt and no one can see it.

Can't see carrying a gun your size comfortably wearing dockers and a tucked in shirt, at least not comfortable for someone my shape (not much extra room in my waistband).

If you are worried about the caliber you might look at the pf9, pm9, or pm40.

I actually have a Crossbreed Supertuck and it works amazingly well for the situation you are describing. Comfy, can wear it all day, and despite the fact it looks big and cheaply made, it conceals very well.

That said, I also have a Kramer #3 Horsehide that I like a little bit better. However it cost significantly more if I remember right. Its all horsehide though, again, super comfy and holds my HK P7 perfectly.

If your going to stick with that gun, I would go with a tactical bag so you can easily and comfortably take it with you. No worrying about people slapping you on the back for a job well done and then getting fired for having a gun in a "safe" environment.
Or get a smaller gun, ankle holster or something.
They make some great tac bags or man-purse if you will that hold a handgun, a couple mags, knife, flashlight, some work crap, etc.

i was speaking to a friend of mine a few days ago and he brought something to my attention. Take a brief case to work and all is good. i think this will work perfectly until i can get a different pistol. Im headed to the rose city gun show on feb 6th to fondle a few firearms so i can get a better idea of what i want to carry in the future. Thanx for everybodys input! Much appreciated.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top