JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to save this link for the "failed cartridges" thread in a few years...
Looks cool and like something I would want, but that's true of a lot of cartridges.
The advertising voice also put me off immediately.
The ballistic footage didn't seem like anything special compared to similar cartridges.
Also, there is a limit to practicality if the firearm only has 7-9 round mags available since I think three is the most allowed in Oregon (maybe you can load any number elsewhere or for different game?).

Also, there is a limit to practicality if the firearm only has 7-9 round mags available since I think three is the most allowed in Oregon (maybe you can load any number elsewhere or for different game?).
No limit here...

To be honest though, what purpose would this really serve? Would it really be powerful enough that others would drop the rounds they use just for this? o_O

"And the life expectancy of the barrel for this AR is a whopping 1200 rounds!" "After that just another $750 will get you a new barrel!" "But, wait there's more! Act now and we will send you the second barrel for five easy installments of $139.99... but there's more. Order in the next 15 minutes and we'll send you two boxes of ammunition and a mail in rebate of $25 off your next box of 100 rounds!" "Act now, operators are standing by!"

SMH:s0001:

I'm going to save this link for the "failed cartridges" thread in a few years...
Looks cool and like something I would want, but that's true of a lot of cartridges.
The advertising voice also put me off immediately.
The ballistic footage didn't seem like anything special compared to similar cartridges.
For hunting in Oregon the mag on a semi needs to be limited to 5.

No limit here...

To be honest though, what purpose would this really serve? Would it really be powerful enough that others would drop the rounds they use just for this? o_O
Not necessarily give up another round, but if I saw a video where someone took an ethical shot at a black bear with this rifle/round and Yogi or Boo Boo slumped over, instant lights out I might pick one up. But seeing it not go through the cinderblock (as promised) has me not holding my breath.

For hunting in Oregon the mag on a semi needs to be limited to 5.
Okay, i must be thinking of bird hunting or something.
I don't hunt, so really this cartridge seems excessive for my needs.

I'll agree, I would be more interested had the round entirely destroyed the cinder block.

Not necessarily give up another round, but if I saw a video where someone took an ethical shot at a black bear with this rifle/round and Yogi or Boo Boo slumped over, instant lights out I might pick one up. But seeing it not go through the cinderblock (as promised) has me not holding my breath.
I mean, black bear? Not really a standard, now their brown brethren? If it knocks em down, lights out, not even a chance to get back up... Have my doubts though.
I rather stick to the 45-70 for bear. Don't really need to be semi auto.
Meh, AK is universal here... Nothing you CAN'T take down in the south with 7.62x39 tbh, some even use .223 on bears here apparently.

Last Edited:
You'd be surprised! That big kitty is looking down from 15 feet up and rather confident nothing is going to touch him. They will gladly stare you down.

I'd not get within 15 feet of a treed cat for any reason, brother. Shoot I use the 20 foot rule for 2 legged critters with a knife. Let alone a 4 legged one with claws.

I'd not get within 15 feet of a treed cat for any reason, brother. Shoot I use the 20 foot rule for 2 legged critters with a knife. Let alone a 4 legged one with claws.
Good luck getting someone to announce intent with a knife from 20'...

I still agree, i'd stay at least 20' from a treed cat if I was drunk, 40' is I was sober.

If i'm getting a specialty gun with a specialty cartridge, it better eat concrete like gram crackers...

I don't believe that is true. Migratory Waterfowl areas do have that limit but I don't think it applies to Grouse for instance.
See page 12 of game bird regs, ODFW... it's three shells max... get yourself a mag tube cap... assuming you have a pump...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews