JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so a certain U-Tube V-logger posted an update to is episode on Gloves. 40 minutes.

There is the link.

Thought I'd save my self.

What do you all use - and would recommend - for various purposes.

I have cheap gloves for having around - got pair in car, shed, garage. Bought a bag at Ace.
I also have the Mechanix Original on my workbench for general duty - love these.
and I use a pair of the M-Pact as my motorcycle daily riding gloves ( I have warmer and waterproof for purpose)

I also have some leather gloves - used to be my goto before Mechanix - that I got in the 3 pack from CostCo.

The cloth/Canvas ones - I hate those. We have a couple pair of the cloth brown ones, my wife insisted on for her previous (2 previous now) job assignment. For when she had to do the daily mechanics checks on a bus. yuck.

I thought I saw a thread about gloves (winter maybe) but it didn't come up in the first 2 pages of search results. I'll edit it in should I stumble over it.

I just got mountain hardwear gloves based on a recommendation. They're not here yet. I need something to keep my fingers warm. In the winter they get cold when I put on chains or spend too much time outside and they never get warm again. If I like what I got I'll post here.

Not tactical but these are the bombdiggity for around the house...:)

Lightly textured, 8-9 Mil thick.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MGSGN1...t=&hvlocphy=9031331&hvtargid=pla-349140062574

71P7NW7og6L._SL1000_.jpg

Last Edited:
I like the cheapie buckskin leather ones for working in.
But I also have a pair that is a size larger that I wear over wool G.I. liners to keep warm. They've had the waterproof treatment.
That combo makes for toasty mitts when the temperature drops.
And with just the wool liner on, I can still get inside the trigger guard.
;)

I grew up playing soccer so my favorite pair of gloves are linked here. They are great for the PNW on cold rainy days. Lots of grip.

<broken link removed>

I wore a set of mechanix everyday for work as a delivery driver for a laundry company and they took the abuse. Still have them and they keep on trucking along, pun intended.

Yeah, Harbor Freight has those but they are in tactical Black. They run a size small so up one on the size.
I'm a Ninja in the boat, shop and anywhere i wear them.....
Where is that Numchuck smilie?:s0112:

Those would go well at a Denver Broncos outfit...:p:p:p

I didn't think they ran small. I wear a size large in the Grease Bully brand and a size large in these too. The brighter colors are great and especially if you're working in darker areas...like under the hood in a darker engine bay. But if you're working with blood at all, black is probably better.

FYI - Costco also sells these too...if you want 300. :)

Love the mechanix have many pairs of them the orange ones I wear at work unloading truck the rubber makes it easier to grip cardboard boxes. MVIMG_20171209_171435.jpg

We use the Showa (Atlas) 370 at work.
They're rated as an "assembly glove" which means you can pick up and handle small objects.
Great for handling firearms.
croppedimage264197-Lynn-River-Showa-370-Black-Assembly-Glove.jpg

The Atlas Therma is better in cold weather but you're not going to handle small objects like the 370 can.
41cx4uVhQcL._AC_UL320_SR184,320_.jpg

The Showa 377 is a good glove when you are in a cold, wet situation.
Good dexterity.
lrg-size-size-8-size--13180-p.jpg

Pro Tip :
When the conditions are tough, carry a second pair inside your shirt.
You now have a warm and toasty backup.
And have more on standby in your vehicle.

We use the Showa (Atlas) 370 at work.
They're rated as an "assembly glove" which means you can pick up and handle small objects.
Great for handling firearms.
View attachment 412129

The Atlas Therma is better in cold weather but you're not going to handle small objects like the 370 can.
View attachment 412130

The Showa 377 is a good glove when you are in a cold, wet situation.
Good dexterity.
View attachment 412131

Pro Tip :
When the conditions are tough, carry a second pair inside your shirt.
You now have a warm and toasty backup.
And have more on standby in your vehicle.
That's a good tip when you get just a little moisture inside these rubber gloves from sweat or rain in cold whether they get really cold

The Atlas Fit glove (non Therma) has a latex rubber palm.
They were the first of the "decent" utility gloves.
Dexterity was not very good though.
They suck in cold weather because the latex rubber draws the cold in.
300.jpg

Yeah, Harbor Freight has those but they are in tactical Black. They run a size small so up one on the size.
I'm a Ninja in the boat, shop and anywhere i wear them.....
Where is that Numchuck smilie?:s0112:

Those would go well at a Denver Broncos outfit...:p:p:p

I forgot about those! I always keep a couple boxes of the harbor freight nitrile gloves for working on/clean guns, stain or painting projects, etc.
I use them a lot for work too. I keep a box in the garage and one in my trunk.

I also have a pair of under armor gloves in the car for the cold mornings

I didn't think they ran small. I wear a size large in the Grease Bully brand and a size large in these too. The brighter colors are great and especially if you're working in darker areas...like under the hood in a darker engine bay. But if you're working with blood at all, black is probably better.

FYI - Costco also sells these too...if you want 300. :)

The first time I bought a box at Harbor freight I got a large, got home and tried them on. They were hard to get on and I always wear a large in gloves. I went back with them and asked to try an XL and the fit great so I was able to trade em in.;)

Gloves...live in em!

White OX for logging
Leather for wire, kindling, & GP
Atlas for mechanics & shootn
Nitrile (black for chems, blue for gun cleaning, & light blue for food and ammo).
Seal skin for water-fouling.
Surplus mittens for the ATV
Surplus blk leather w/wool
Etc
Etc

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA