JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's actually owned by Facebook, and not a competitor or replacement. As mentioned above, it's mostly used for sending instant messages, but also does voice and video calls. I can definitely recommend it. Check out the WhatsApp home page.
Thank you. I guess that I am asking what people who have used it like/don't like about it. I had heard that it does voice too, but is it a texting platform where voice calls would be free? Am going on a cruise and do not intend to do the internet package (the goal is to get away, not take it all with me!). But I can call on Messenger from a portside bar (wifi). Is this a better app to use?

Was driving back from North Fork Wolf Creek after a day of shooting with a friend, and his girlfriend from the UK tries to call him on what's app. Somehow, he didn't think the call connected so I proceed to ask him when he's gonna tell her there's no way he's ever moving over there to join her and we also indulge in some brit bashing. Turns out she was connected all along and heard the whole conversation. Very awkward. 0/10 would not recommend the app.

I like that it is encrypted end to end, meaning only the intended sees or hears the message or conversation. Yes, it can be used to call on wifi.

I had heard that it does voice too, but is it a texting platform where voice calls would be free?
Voice and video calls would be free over WiFi (assuming you're not paying for data). Sorry, I almost exclusively use it for instant messaging, so I can't rate voice or video.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads