JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey......... You shouldn't talk about the 1911 that way.

But then again I think Uncle Sam did only pay about $38 dollars for a 1911. So they were cheep. :D
The Glock was built for the same reason the 1911 was. So it would work when you needed it most. 1911 was revolutionary in its time and so was Glock. The interesting thing is that all the other manufacturers have been trying to copy or compete with them. Good job to both for spurring the development of all these wonderful toys that we now enjoy.

The Glock was built for the same reason the 1911 was. So it would work when you needed it most. 1911 was revolutionary in its time and so was Glock. The interesting thing is that all the other manufacturers have been trying to copy or compete with them. Good job to both for spurring the development of all these wonderful toys that we now enjoy.

HK had the first poly pistol in 1970. I don't think everyone is copying Glock. My plastic Springfield has a grip safety and metal sights. Unlike Glock. They are great pistols. But don't own one and don't buy into the perfection part. Not for everyone.

Never said Glock was the first. I said they are all copies after Glock. Some close and some not. My Springfield xdm is a copy. Doesn't matter if it has a grip safety and metal sights. Go look at a Smith and Wesson Sigma. Exact copy internally. Other manufacturers beaf up this or that or thin something down, what ever. The concept is still the same. HK had the first polymer gun, true. It is not what everyone wanted to copy, course that may have given Gaston some inspiration. Manufacturers copy what is popular. It's not a bad thing. Look at the pistol made by Apex or something. I can't remember the exact name right now. It is a close copy of the Sig P226. It costs have as much. Good thing. Even Ruger copied Glock. Of course the American and the one before it are not close, and are failures in grabbing some of the pie.

My CZ p09 and sig 2022. Have double action, hammer, decocker. I'm having a hard time seeing it. But OK. And they look nice to me. And I like their grip angle.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads