JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
John Browning could have claimed wave of the future w his 1911s. But there is no denying the durability of the Glocks. And nothing is worse than having a buddy outshoot your shiny 1911 with a Glock. It happened to me once and I learned a good lesson. Polish less shoot more.

Pretty cool. I remember shooting with the sheriff of my small town in '87 when they were going to give them a try. From what I remember they had their problems and the sheriff didn't like them. He may have been very biased toward/against them, since he called them a "damn plastic pistol".... That kind of had a big influence on a 13 year old kid back then. One day I may give them another try....:oops:
influenced yes indeed, before the Glocks I bought 2 1911 clones in 9mm they are Spanish Star BKS models and they are one of the early introductions of aluminum frame pistols and they were wildly unpopular, the experts said they would wear down the aluminum frame after a couple hundred rounds,(the nickle plated one has a couple thousand rounds thru it, never shot the blued one) my pistols are actually rare because of the disparaging they received, many other star 1911 clone models out there in steel but not in aluminum

so yes I learned my lesson not to be influenced and bought a Glock when they first came out and were being called Tupperware guns
9mm.jpg

Take a look at polymer Guns these days. Very close copies or loosely veiled copies of Glock. Even the Sig 320. Except for the modular trigger group, it's very similar to Glock. So if Glock sucks so bad, why is everyone copying it. Food for thought.

Take a look at polymer Guns these days. Very close copies or loosely veiled copies of Glock. Even the Sig 320. Except for the modular trigger group, it's very similar to Glock. So if Glock sucks so bad, why is everyone copying it. Food for thought.

You are NEVER going to win over "never Glock" people with facts. Some just hate the guns and no matter what they will. I personally don't care for one but I also don't pretend they are junk. To those who have their mind made up there is no changing their mind. The way they sell I very much doubt the company really cares. They have a large chunk of the market and it does not seem to be going away.

You are correct. Glocks are not for everyone., but when I here someone yap about this being better than that, it makes me laugh. Guy at work is a die hard Sig guy. He was talking about the sig 320 being way better than Glock. I almost died laughing.

Well, the new taurus millennium I bought new several years back sure wasn't glock perfection but other than that, I've had good experiences with every other polymer pistol I've fired including a couple hi points.

You are correct. Glocks are not for everyone., but when I here someone yap about this being better than that, it makes me laugh. Guy at work is a die hard Sig guy. He was talking about the sig 320 being way better than Glock. I almost died laughing.
I used to work with a DIE hard Glock guy. We would some times have fun with him making fun of Glock. He would have a good laugh with us as he knew, we knew there was nothing wrong with the way they work.

This has
Taurus and perfection can't even be used in the same paragraph. I've owned a few. Serious lack of QC.
LONG been a problem with Taurus. They make a bubblegumload of guns and most of them do work as they are supposed to. At the price point they are hitting they do let out some problems. Of course when you are the guy who gets one that needs to go back it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Many will never buy one again. Companies like that figure it still works out for them. They have a large chunk of market share because of the price point of their stuff. Look at how many of them there are out there. It is a crap shoot when you buy one of course as with all mass manufactured guns.

I have nicer guns, but I carry a Glock. Much less expensive to replace if I'm ever require to use it...which I pray is never.
Despite the fact that I have customized the controls on my carry Glock, I have no sentimental attachment to it at all. On the other hand, if my carry CZ were lost or stolen I'd be sad. Both can be replaced for under $600, but only one means anything to me. Oh, and my 1911, meh. I love to shoot it and I shoot it well, but it's just a gun. On the other hand if you look at my MP5 or M1 wrong we're going to have an issue. ;)

This has

LONG been a problem with Taurus. They make a bubblegumload of guns and most of them do work as they are supposed to. At the price point they are hitting they do let out some problems. Of course when you are the guy who gets one that needs to go back it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Many will never buy one again. Companies like that figure it still works out for them. They have a large chunk of market share because of the price point of their stuff. Look at how many of them there are out there. It is a crap shoot when you buy one of course as with all mass manufactured guns.
I've had two of them. Both ran great. One had the "Crazy 8" sights which I don't care for at all, but still shot well. The other was surprisingly easy to double tap.

Don't like or dis like Blocks, they work, and that's what is needed! I stepped up and said to my Self, SELF!!!!!, And my Self said WHAAAAAAT, I need one of those plastic Fantastic Glock Thingyies, so I got one, and ONLY one! G-20!!!

Despite the fact that I have customized the controls on my carry Glock, I have no sentimental attachment to it at all. On the other hand, if my carry CZ were lost or stolen I'd be sad. Both can be replaced for under $600, but only one means anything to me. Oh, and my 1911, meh. I love to shoot it and I shoot it well, but it's just a gun. On the other hand if you look at my MP5 or M1 wrong we're going to have an issue. ;)

I've had two of them. Both ran great. One had the "Crazy 8" sights which I don't care for at all, but still shot well. The other was surprisingly easy to double tap.

Yes when someone I know gets a lemon and says "no more, they are all crap". I just say I know this does not make it better but that's not true. If they really did crank out even25% junk they would soon be out of business as no one would stock their stuff. In the early days of my finding Kel-Tec they had a VERY bad rep. This was mainly do to the P40 which was a marketing disaster for them. One store I was asking about a P-32 from gave me a line about how all they made was crap. He wanted to sell me a Jennings real bad. He had lots of those in his case. Now most know the reputation Jennings have. The truth was he could not get the KT's in so he just joined the club bad mouthing them. Several years later I was in his shop to buy some oil and spotted a P3AT. When I asked he was singing a new tune. Said he had just got that one in that day. Said as fast as they come in they sell. That one followed me home. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top