JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Glock doesn't do that but over all not impressed with my 23, I have had problems with mine loading ammo when pushing the slide release, shoot way better groups with my Kimber as well.

I don't know why this would be dangerous... I don't have a glock, but...

I have a CZ-75B with the factory option of a slide-release that does this. It is extremely helpful on the CZ, since the slide is so tiny and tough to grip. Just tap the mag in with more than about a minimum amount of force, and it'll be all ready to fire.

Seems to me after inserting a new loaded mag you would want to chamber it anyway...one less step. Maybe I can get my 1911's to do that :s0155:

Im with this thinking as well. My glock 19 did the same thing and so does my kahr p9. without fail. It used to bother me but now I slam it home and I'm ready to shoot once again. However if your 1911 does it, you may want to get that looked at ...;)

It's a "normal" issue. It's related to the force used to seat the mag. I don't typically slam mine in, and don't have this happen. But I can usually get it to happen if I want/try

This is NOT what Glock intended. No semiauto pistol that I know of is DESIGNED to work this way. Despite some of the comments in this thread, this phenomenon is considered unsafe. It makes an unintentional discharge more likely. Even if you are the righteous party in a gunfight, you are responsible for every round you fire.

The most likely source of the problem is the engagement between the slide and the slide stop. If the angles are not right, the spring tension will cam the slide stop down, off the slide, and release it. The fact that the slide locks open after the last round tells me that the magazines are not the cause. They are doing their job -- the follower lifts the stop to catch the slide. Unfortunately, the slide is not secure in its locked-back configuration.

I would take the gun to a certified Glock armorer. If you are lucky, he will be able to replace the slide stop and solve the problem. A new slide stop is inexpensive ($7.50 for the normal factory slide stop; $16.95 for the extended version). The swap should take the armorer about 5 minutes.

If you are unlucky, it will be the slide that is the culprit. The angle of the slot that engages the stop will need to be changed. Normally this is a job for a gunsmith. To preserve your warranty, you may need to contact the U.S. headquarters in Smyrna, GA and send your pistol in for repair.

Hope this helps.

Please tell me how this will cause an ND????? So it's safe if YOU lower the slide stop/rack slide, but it's not safe to do???? I don't understand how this is so complicated.

My glocks only do it when I slap the mag in there hard...for some reason the Glock 17 I was issued did it all the time. Maybe it's a 9mm thing? I was told by a Glock certified instructor that it WILL do that when you slap up the mag hard enough.

There's nothing wrong with the gun, and it is NOT a malfunction- despite what most people here might say.

I tried it with my Springfield XD and same thing, if you smack it in there hard enough, most guns will do that (minus my 1911).

As a side note, Glock doesn't want you to use the slide lock to release the slide. you're suppossed to pull on the rear of the slide and release it to feed a new round in.

+1...100% Correct...

Please tell me how this will cause an ND????? So it's safe if YOU lower the slide stop/rack slide, but it's not safe to do???? I don't understand how this is so complicated.

I didn't say that this would cause an unintentional discharge. I said that it would increase the chance of one. In a perfect world, we would all handle our guns perfectly and keep our fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot. If the adrenalin is pumping, I may be less than perfect. Having a round in the chamber before I am completely ready could lead to an unintentional discharge.

You may disagree, and I respect that. The people who won't respect you are the lawyers retained by anyone (including the felon trying to kill you) who might have been injured by your unintentional discharge. I assume that I will be held accountable for every round I fire. I want to be in control of that slide.

I am assuming that the slide goes forward when the magazine is inserted with "normal" force (vigorous but not violent). If you slam the magazine in hard enough, the slide stop lever will move and/or bounce, and might release the slide on any pistol that is in a proper state of repair. Semi-auto pistols are designed so that their slides remain locked back when magazines are inserted with normal force.

This is NOT what Glock intended. No semiauto pistol that I know of is DESIGNED to work this way. Despite some of the comments in this thread, this phenomenon is considered unsafe. It makes an unintentional discharge more likely. Even if you are the righteous party in a gunfight, you are responsible for every round you fire.

The most likely source of the problem is the engagement between the slide and the slide stop. If the angles are not right, the spring tension will cam the slide stop down, off the slide, and release it. The fact that the slide locks open after the last round tells me that the magazines are not the cause. They are doing their job -- the follower lifts the stop to catch the slide. Unfortunately, the slide is not secure in its locked-back configuration.

I would take the gun to a certified Glock armorer. If you are lucky, he will be able to replace the slide stop and solve the problem. A new slide stop is inexpensive ($7.50 for the normal factory slide stop; $16.95 for the extended version). The swap should take the armorer about 5 minutes.

If you are unlucky, it will be the slide that is the culprit. The angle of the slot that engages the stop will need to be changed. Normally this is a job for a gunsmith. To preserve your warranty, you may need to contact the U.S. headquarters in Smyrna, GA and send your pistol in for repair.

Hope this helps.

According to the CZ armorer, it is safe and 'as designed' on certain versions of the CZ-75B, including the green-framed tactical.

peronally I wouldn't be comfortable with said problem/malfunction or whatever it is. I want full control over the gun and don't want it doing anything I don't "tell" it to do. I'd see what I could do to remedy the situation.... just my two cents.

peronally I wouldn't be comfortable with said problem/malfunction or whatever it is. I want full control over the gun and don't want it doing anything I don't "tell" it to do. I'd see what I could do to remedy the situation.... just my two cents.

It's an easy fix, and it's located between your ears like most things gun! :s0114: Don't slam the mag in like you're a pissed off ape.

I checked my 23 later and, and if I used a lot of force I could get the slide to go forward. I still don't belive that this is right. I' going to talk to a Glock armorer friend about it and see what he says.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top