JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look for a used Sig 245. It's a "Fun Size" 220.

N1nrkrX.jpg

Next purchase and need some opinions on a 45acp
Glock 21
Glock 30
Sig p320 45
Sig p226 45
Or a kimber 1911
Depends on what you're getting it for.

All Glocks, I only like the Gen 5 grips. Any Gen 5 Glock shoots and feels good to me. I'm just not a big fan, I prefer Smith & Wesson for my plastic guns. I didn't like the grips on the P226. Never touched a P320 or any P32X Sig. I've heard spotty reliability about Kimber. Here are 1911 manufacturers I would recommend instead: Smith&Wesson, Dan Wesson, Sig, Springfield, Colt, or even some of the higher end RIAs are nice. Mostly depends on your budget. If you can afford $2k++: Stacato, Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, etc.

My experience with 45acp in terms of owning: CZ97b which I absolutely 100% regret selling, a Para Ordinance 1911 which was magazine finicky but still a nice pistol but got rid of wanting a nicer 1911, and an FNX 45 Tactical that I still have an absolutely love and will part with when dead.

I'm not typically a tacticool guy, I carried a snubby 44spl for a long time, then a SW Shield, now a P365 because it's so easy to conceal- but I put a DDP, TLR-1, and +3 mag extensions on the FNX45 and bought a suppressor for it, that is for sure my favorite range pistol, it's just so much fun to shoot, makes me smile every time, and it makes a good bed side pistol. I like it just a little more than my customized CZ S2O and my M69, and I absolutely love those (the S&W M69 is very underrated on the internet, IMO. I like sharing guns at the range- Every time someone knew shoots it, with 44spl loads, they want one. 44mags in that gun are a handful, doable, but it takes practice and strength).

So if you're looking for a range toy in 45acp or a home defense gun, I recommend the FNX45 Tactical if you can afford it. Not a good CCW though, it's a huge gun. They cost a little over $1k. Add an optic, light, extra mags, a few other accessories, and even without a suppressor you could spend between $1500-$2000. But even unaccessorized it's a really fun pistol. DA/SA, 15rd mags, decent sights, it's got a safety/decocker all in one, it's accurate, and they are known for reliability. Mines run 100% flawless suppressed and unsuppressed with all kinds of ammo, FMJ, JHP, and HCFP.

Sig 220 all day long just pick a flavor the P245 is nice but not enough real estate for someone with large hands, you could opt for a P220 carry if you use factory magazines you won't have any issues and you can carry the standard 8 or or the 10 round extended .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top