JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a older GenII G19, I was looking at updating some parts, then I found Glock has some sort of factory update.

www.glockmeister.com - Tech Info

I looked at my firing pin and verified I have the original pin. And verified Serial #

So is this covered by glock?? If it is, does it have to go back to glock or can go to a local armorer??

Thanks.

I went through the Glock Armorer course last year. I don't remember this upgrade specifically, I'll have to look in the manual. However, the instructors did not mention that Glock will cover any upgrades through local armorers. He did mention there was a firing spring upgrade on GEN 4s that would be covered at the factory.

I also am a recent graduate of the Glock armorer course and doing upgrade work for the factory was not covered. I recommend giving Glock a call and asking them. My guess is that they will want you to send it to them for upgrade work, unfortunately the cost to ship the gun will be quite expensive. I recently had a bad extractor on a Gen2 G21 and had to send it in for a factory upgrade. My only cost was the shipping ($75). The new extractor required milling the slide, they replaced most of the springs, and even replaced the magazine.

Warning: I am no expert but I do have the number for Glock. Call Glock @ 1-770-432-1202 for the latest and greatest information. I believe they are 3 hours ahead of us and are open Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Good luck, stay safe and may God bless us all,
Mike

The simplest and fastest way to do the upgrade, is to just order the parts and install the them yourself. There are tons of videos on how to strip your slide to do this.....I think I paid around 30 bucks for the six part upgrade kit years ago from I think CDNN???? Anyway it is very easy to do.

Let us know if you need any more help.

I have a older GenII G19, I was looking at updating some parts, then I found Glock has some sort of factory update.

www.glockmeister.com - Tech Info

I looked at my firing pin and verified I have the original pin. And verified Serial #

So is this covered by glock?? If it is, does it have to go back to glock or can go to a local armorer??

Thanks.

Order a new firing pin and replace it yourself....a trained, 3 fingered monkey can totally detail strip a Glock in about 5-8 minutes tops...slide, frame, EVERYTHING......it really is THAT easy. Buy the part...google a video and you're done. :)

Order a new firing pin and replace it yourself....a trained, 3 fingered monkey can totally detail strip a Glock in about 5-8 minutes tops...slide, frame, EVERYTHING......it really is THAT easy. Buy the part...google a video and you're done. :)

I know how to strip a glock blind folded. So that is not a problem. I was just wondering if it was required to ship back, if it is then it will not be worth it, and I will do myself at that point.

It really boils down to voiding the warranty or not. If your Glock was bought used or you have already switched out other parts, than there really is no reason to send it back to Glock. On the other hand, if you send it in, Glock will do the update free of charge and they will go over the whole pistol checking for worn/damaged or out of spec parts. Not sure if they will cover the back in forth on the shipping though. Lastly, if you are not in a hurry, you could hit up a local GSSF match in your area and have the match armorer swap the parts for you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top