JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alright these are badazz.
I'm assuming the 40 short and weak will fit my 10mm? Or am I just SOL
I carry a G27 40shortnweak
Stock, my little finger was out by itself.
Pierce gave it a place to participate.
9 rounds in the stock mag, with a 15 round mag in pocket.
Hard to pull the 15 round mag, stock or Pierce, out of my knife pocket.
Bought a pack of Speedplates, and my pocket mag slides out nicely.
Mr Pinkie liked Pierce, but way happier with Magpul.

The 10mm round is 3mm longer (32) than my .40 (28.8)
10mm is 10.85 diameter while 40sw is 10.77.

Call Magpul, maybe they can offer a solution
Good luck
Rick

I carry a G27 40shortnweak
Stock, my little finger was out by itself.
Pierce gave it a place to participate.
9 rounds in the stock mag, with a 15 round mag in pocket.
Hard to pull the 15 round mag, stock or Pierce, out of my knife pocket.
Bought a pack of Speedplates, and my pocket mag slides out nicely.
Mr Pinkie liked Pierce, but way happier with Magpul.

The 10mm round is 3mm longer (32) than my .40 (28.8)
10mm is 10.85 diameter while 40sw is 10.77.

Call Magpul, maybe they can offer a solution
Good luck
Rick
Thanks I'll check it out I'll probably at least get one for the 15 like you said. That makes sense to me for that

So from any other Glock owners I have a question.

I noticed that when I lock my slide to the rear and try to get a thumb on the slide release it pretty much takes me getting my finger nail to pull the slide catch down. I pretty much have been exclusively just pulling the slide back and ease or forward by hand.

Wordering if this is normal on Glocks or maybe just the Glock 29 specifically.if not is there a fix to this?
Get s extended slide release there not that much and is much easier release the slide I got mine from the glock store and there is two different styles so make sure you get right one as a matter of fact I might have one because I ordered the wrong one the first time and never sent it back I'll look when I get home I'm in Eastern WA now working I might have a Zev firing pin for that gun too there are two different sizes I did same thing with it I needed the short one and ordered the long so I got a long one in my pile of gun parts at home too but they are not cheap so probably don't want to change that till you have too I think it was like $70 bucks

Get s extended slide release there not that much and is much easier release the slide I got mine from the glock store and there is two different styles so make sure you get right one as a matter of fact I might have one because I ordered the wrong one the first time and never sent it back I'll look when I get home I'm in Eastern WA now working I might have a Zev firing pin for that gun too there are two different sizes I did same thing with it I needed the short one and ordered the long so I got a long one in my pile of gun parts at home too but they are not cheap so probably don't want to change that till you have too I think it was like $70 bucks

You saying the firing pin I probably don't wanna change? I probably would keep all that stuff stock unless I changed out the entire trigger and stuff. I plan to only change the guide rod and 21# spring for now. I've read I don't really need to worry about firing pin till I shoot 220gr I plan to use 200 gr for trails max and 180 gr for Self defense. To my knowledge I think the spring would just be adequate for that, right?

You saying the firing pin I probably don't wanna change? I probably would keep all that stuff stock unless I changed out the entire trigger and stuff. I plan to only change the guide rod and 21# spring for now. I've read I don't really need to worry about firing pin till I shoot 220gr I plan to use 200 gr for trails max and 180 gr for Self defense. To my knowledge I think the spring would just be adequate for that, right?
Yes you probably don't want to change firing pin unless you need to the one got is the ZEV TECHNOLOGY TITANIUM all the ZEV stuff is expensive but the Vickers stuff is good and pretty reasonable as in Larry Vickers you might have heard of him retired seal he's on some of the gun shows and helps design gun part upgrade 's

You can go to the glock store and they have lots of stuff Lenny McGill 's glock store he also has lots of video 's on you tube showing different how too videos

Be careful, some of these extra parts can cause problems before adding any benefits. Metal sights are a great upgrade and mag extension on small Glocks are a must if you have large hands and want the extra round. Don't just buy parts because they look or sound cool, Glocks are great right out the tupperware. I would consider a .25 cent trigger job too but not on a G43 or G42 because they come with different trigger setups than their larger relatives.

Be careful, some of these extra parts can cause problems before adding any benefits. Metal sights are a great upgrade and mag extension on small Glocks are a must if you have large hands and want the extra round. Don't just buy parts because they look or sound cool, Glocks are great right out the tupperware. I would consider a .25 cent trigger job too but not on a G43 or G42 because they come with different trigger setups than their larger relatives.
Im quite fine with the stock mag release I'm looking to just upgrade the slide stop and slide release to the extended so I can reload a bit faster. That and the 21# guide rod so I don't have any trouble with the 180/200 grain loads. Will definitely look into the trigger job. I just don't wanna grind to much away with a dremel especially since I've never done it. I did read I can use a nail buffer like what my fiance has to do the job. We'll see!

Another glock parts maker is PIYMID Sorry can't spell pyimid as in Egypt lol and if you're going to carry this gun conciled in side the waste band do not change the Mag release button you can change the slide release but if you put a extend Mag release when you put it inside your waste band you will keep ejecting the Mag

Im quite fine with the stock mag release I'm looking to just upgrade the slide stop and slide release to the extended so I can reload a bit faster. That and the 21# guide rod so I don't have any trouble with the 180/200 grain loads. Will definitely look into the trigger job. I just don't wanna grind to much away with a dremel especially since I've never done it. I did read I can use a nail buffer like what my fiance has to do the job. We'll see!
Extended controls are a great upgrade, because those are stock Glock parts. Don't use a Dremel and don't grind anything when doing a trigger job either. Simply use Qtips and Mothers polishing compound and you won't have worry about taking too much material away. It's a polishing job - not an alteration, it's simply breaking those parts in faster than normal use.

Another glock parts maker is PIYMID Sorry can't spell pyimid as in Egypt lol and if you're going to carry this gun conciled in side the waste band do not change the Mag release button you can change the slide release but if you put a extend Mag release when you put it inside your waste band you will keep ejecting the Mag
I use the extended mag release with an IWB crossbreed holster but I punched a small hole where it sits so it doesn't release the mag on me. I've had it for 6 years and it might have popped it out 1-2 times with daily use.

image.jpeg

That's exactly what I imagined happening haha

IMAG0831.jpg IMAG0830.jpg this is one the part's you would file or polish I have heard guy's say the file them but if you do to much then it's ruined so try polish it first lol this my spare I bought it then I just bought the whole zev trigger so now it's spare parts

It hasn't been an issue. I'm not even sure it was the holster that did it those couple of times. I also took a Glock extended release and grinded it down so it didn't protrude nearly as much. Those are way too big in my opinion so it's right in-between the regular and extended size. Works great. I can't stand the factory release.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top