JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about renting a few glock to try out for a new conceal carry (notably 19 and 43) noticed the aftermarket accessory line is almost as large as the AR market.

I was looking through some items out of curiosity and came across Sailent arms modifications for the glock. Can someone more knowledgeable in the handgun game explain to me the benefits of let's say a new aftermarket barrel? Is it just cosmetics or do these after market barrels and such help with mechanical operation.

Sorry if this is redundant but the sites with these items don't seem to clarify if this is just a cosmetics thing or a performance upgrade.

Just all depends on what it is you personally want your gun to be. The possibilities are endless. In my opinion, in order to see any marked performance increase in your glock it is going to take more then 1 modification. Some of the aftermarket barrels offer a minor upgrade in accuracy.

Alright that's what I figured. If my time in service taught me one thing it's that 99 percent of the time it's the shooter and their knowledge of their weapon that determines the reliability of said firearm.

I may just find a new iwb way to carry my Xd9sc that's comfortable and join DRRC with my next paycheck. save the new handgun purchase after I've gotten a feel for a glock whether to renting or trying one out from a good guy at the range. :s0067:

Look at Suarez International. I went there yesterday on the advise of a friend who knows his business around Glocks. I bought some co-witness sights for my new G40 MOS. $74

I own two glocks and will be building a third soon (g17 and g19) and both have some nice "upgrades" that have made several functions better when compared to stock. I enjoy cruising the glock talk forums myself, I recommend you stop in there!

G17 gen 4
-Talon Grips (skateboard tape), obviously to get a better purchase on the frame without stippling the frame
-Zev Technologies magwell, makes slapping a mag in a cakewalk
-Zev Technologies fulcrum drop in trigger kit, love it for everything the oem trigger definitely is not
-Trijicon night sights, packaged option that came with the pistol from cabelas. Blacked out rear, bright orange front tritium insert.

G19 gen 3 Vicker's Tactical
-Pretty much a stock G19 with one of the "best" Glock frames, the RTF2.
-Wilson Combat sights
-Tango down mag release, slide stop, and mag floor plates.

Of all these products I use on mine, I recommend each of them, based on my personal experience.

With glocks the only real 'must' when it comes to upgrades are sights the factory sights aren't great.
The only other upgrade I have done to all of mine is an extended slide stop/slide release.

After market barrels are great if you need an extended threaded barrel to thread or you plan to shoot lead bullets through the barrel which you don't want to do with the factory polygonal rifling.

image.jpg

My daily carry is a G43 with a McNally trigger and Underwood Ammo sweetness. I got a great holster off Amazon to keep the trigger covered when one is in the chamber.

Other than swapping the trigger and polishing the internals, I can't really see how I could make this one shoot any better.

Edit: I forgot...added a fiber optic front sight too. :D

Last Edited:
IMG_0429.JPG Just started carrying a g26 gen3. The only things that I have done are install an extended mag release($6), polish the internals, undercut the trigger gaurd, and ... SAND THE TRIGGER SHOE SMOOTH!! That grooved shoe ALMOST caused me to spend totally unnecessary $$ on an after market trigger. Spent the money I saved by not buying the trigger on mags and ammo!
Rides VERY comfortably at 1 o'clock, and the trigger is just fine ... now. Do not see the point of replacing a perfectly good barrel unless you plan on shooting lead cast boolits.
I may, at some point change the sights because they are plastic, but Glock makes steel sights at a very reasonable price, but the factory sights work well as they are.
Bottom line for me, buy the gun, extra mags and ammo(remember, the g19& g17 mags work in the 26), and GO SHOOT THE CRAP OUT OF IT!
This is her in my custom made trigger gaurd holster.
Of course, as always, to each his own.

I carry a 43 everyday and the only thing I've done to it is added Taran Tactical magazine extensions. The plus one while carrying and my spare is a plus 2. I agree with replacing the sights, but I bought the TALO edition that comes with Ameriglo sights that are Trijicon HD fronts and black rear with U-notch. I also have a 29 that added Talon Grip tape to, Trijicon HD XR sights, and Pearce grip extensions. Here is the 43... IMG_1565.JPG sights.jpg

Thanks for all this guys. I ended up getting a G29 gen 4. Definitely going to be getting a replacement trigger as well as a a new guide rod and spring to shoot 200gr easier.

Congrats on the new gun! I love my 29, but highly recommend the Pearce Grip extension it makes a huge difference getting a solid grip on the gun.
Enjoy!

Every thing in the pic including night sights for 500$ still had factory Glock copper grease in the guts. Previous owner only shot a mag through it. Apparently he didn't like the kick. Glad he got the extras before sold it though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads