JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I never understood that term either. The G26,27, and 29 fall into that category due to the shortened grip I guess.

Whence I was making holsters way back when someone brought in their 29 and called it a baby and I kinda looked at him and was like "I wouldn't treat this huge bamf like a baby y" haha

Great deal! I'm waiting for my 20 mags with the X-grips ro get here tomorrow. Well bought!

The bargain came from Advanced firearms training in Gresham. Great great guys. Will definitely be going there more often. The x grip is nice but I think I'll shop around for a more comfortable one if it exists. I'm in no rush to upgrade it but if I find something better I might snag it. A little too much wiggle room between the base plate and mag. Maybe it's unavoidable but it always makes me think my mag is loose.

Every thing in the pic including night sights for 500$ still had factory Glock copper grease in the guts. Previous owner only shot a mag through it. Apparently he didn't like the kick. Glad he got the extras before sold it though!

Nice! Post up some shooting videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0127.JPG The only real upgrade I would recommend are the gap industries floorplates and good sights and holster.

So from any other Glock owners I have a question.

I noticed that when I lock my slide to the rear and try to get a thumb on the slide release it pretty much takes me getting my finger nail to pull the slide catch down. I pretty much have been exclusively just pulling the slide back and ease or forward by hand.

Wordering if this is normal on Glocks or maybe just the Glock 29 specifically.if not is there a fix to this?

View attachment 348818 The only real upgrade I would recommend are the gap industries floorplates and good sights and holster.
Ended up getting a free pair of pearce grips so I'll check those out at the range see how they go and maybe I'll grab plates. Gun came with night sights and I have a temp kydex in the mail till I get a nice leather one made. Beautiful side arm you got!

So from any other Glock owners I have a question.

I noticed that when I lock my slide to the rear and try to get a thumb on the slide release it pretty much takes me getting my finger nail to pull the slide catch down. I pretty much have been exclusively just pulling the slide back and ease or forward by hand.

Wordering if this is normal on Glocks or maybe just the Glock 29 specifically.if not is there a fix to this?

The fat glocks are more difficult to release the slide on I do have the factory extended slide release on all but my 43 I don't know who sells them as I had the factory armorer install them for free at a Gssf match but they do improve things a lot.

The fat glocks are more difficult to release the slide on I do have the factory extended slide release on all but my 43 I don't know who sells them as I had the factory armorer install them for free at a Gssf match but they do improve things a lot.

From videos I'm sure I could install one myself. Glocks have seemed straight forward parts wise.

Now with the extended slide stop will that effect a holster I have made fit wise?

Ended up getting a free pair of pearce grips so I'll check those out at the range see how they go and maybe I'll grab plates. Gun came with night sights and I have a temp kydex in the mail till I get a nice leather one made. Beautiful side arm you got!

Mine is a g30 so I have the pierce extensions on the 10 round magazines but the gap industries plates on the 9 rd mags as thy add no leangth and give a much better grip on the draw for me (and I shoot better with my pinky off the gun) than the pg-29

From videos I'm sure I could install one myself. Glocks have seemed straight forward parts wise.

Now with the extended slide stop will that effect a holster I have made fit wise?

No they do not affect holster fit and are easy to install I just got mine for free by having the factory armorer install them at a match.

No they do not affect holster fit and are easy to install I just got mine for free by having the factory armorer install them at a match.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. That was what I was worried about (holster fit) I'm thinking of getting the silver or gold pin, slide lock, and slide release (extended) kit. Maybe glam up my Glock a bit. May just stick with black not sure yet.

I have stuck to factory parts both because I prefer the proven factory parts but mostly because of the stock parts requirement for Gssf which is about the most fun you can have with your pistol short of a tre run and gun type game and at 65.00 for two years you get about 100 discount on one new pistol.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top