JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The gun was as dirty as can be expected from a day of shooting. The first FTF was probably less than three hundred rounds into the day.
I am of the opinion you should be able to get > 5K rounds fired from a gun before jamming due to dirtiness. Back before I reloaded, I'd put four 250 round boxes of PMC through my gun in a single range session, with no FTF.

Have you tried some factory ammo, just for giggles?

Bah, you didn't read back aways. :p

The good think about testing some factory ammo: She won't be using those reloads for EDC will she? Test it with what she will use.

I had a lot of problems with my reloads in competition, so I quit using them and went to factory. But I could accept a problem or two with the reloads when just out for practice. Yes, I understand they have always been fine, but like was said above... maybe a small diff in barrel dimensions.

When I switched to XTreme bullets I had to change my setup due to diff in ogive.

Wonder if the spring is good ? Why not common there could have been some fatigue in the manufacturing just enough to be unpredictable. Maybe the extractor is gummed or stiff was that cleaned up just a thought.

I'm no glock guru but personally I have shot upwards of 600 rounds out of my g17 and only run a bore snake down it twice with some Rem oil on it and it has yet to even act like there's an issue.

If the other models are the same I would have a hard time believing it's cuz it was dirty.

In order;
No I never SAW the slide out-of-battery...

Please look again at the second picture. Those are some of the ones that fired while out-of-battery.

I don't think it is an out of battery issue. Especially if you did not physically witness it occurring. I am not sure how you are gathering that the mentioned brass is result of an out of battery having not actually seen the pistol fire without being in full battery, other than when dry firing.

If I were you, I'd disassemble the striker and thoroughly clean the channel, and put a few hundred rounds of factory ammo through it.

I'll not trying to knock on your reloads, but the gun just doesn't seem like the culprit.

Wonder if the spring is good ? Why not common there could have been some fatigue in the manufacturing just enough to be unpredictable. Maybe the extractor is gummed or stiff was that cleaned up just a thought.

It's a new gun! I put probable 5000rds thru my used Gen 2 Glock 19 before I cleaned it. :)

Just another thought, as it is something I've experienced with plated bullets. Check the diameters of a bunch of them. I've miked Berrys before with various diameters in one batch, never had that with Xtreme, but it could be a factor.

A limp wrist is a sure way to slow a slide. And prevent it from going fully into battery.
20121203.gif

Unless she was REALLY mag dumping the thing, it shouldn't fire out of battery unless its just not going fully into battery. Those primer strikes though........

We were doing some rapid-fire drills, but a "mag-dump" on this gun is a whole six rounds, seven if you start with one chambered.:):)

The good think about testing some factory ammo: She won't be using those reloads for EDC will she? Test it with what she will use.

No the reloads are not for carry. Didn't really see the point in burning 500 rounds of Critical Defense for practice.

I don't think it is an out of battery issue. Especially if you did not physically witness it occurring. I am not sure how you are gathering that the mentioned brass is result of an out of battery having not actually seen the pistol fire without being in full battery, other than when dry firing.

How else to explain the primer strikes being in different locations on the primer??

Just another thought, as it is something I've experienced with plated bullets. Check the diameters of a bunch of them. I've miked Berrys before with various diameters in one batch, never had that with Xtreme, but it could be a factor.

Again, we have fired hundreds of these in other guns without issue, but I will check them out.

Well I'm gonna wait and see on this one.

@Lilhigbee I hope you get it resolved man. Nothing worse than a gun not behaving the way you want it to.

But the problem remains that the gun is firing out-of battery!! It doesn't matter whether it is dirt, the ammo or the hand of God keeping the slide from going forward, the gun should not fire when the slide is back far enough for the cartridge to be out of alignment with the firing pin and the barrel not secure in the slide. I was hoping for someone to point out a way for there to be primer strikes in various locations on the primer other than an out-of-battery experience. I couldn't think of any other reasons, that is why I asked here. I appreciate the input here, and all of these suggestions are possible reasons for the gun to not go into battery, but none address the issue of it firing that way.
Perhaps it just is how Glocks are, after all her 19, 26 and my 27 all exhibit similar characteristics, though not quite as pronounced as the 43. On the other brands I have tried the disconnector unhooks the trigger before the slide moves anywhere near that far. Please check whatever guns you may have around the house. Make sure they are empty and see how far the slide can move before the disconnector does its job. On a locked breech does the barrel start to disengage from the slide?? On a blowback how much cartridge would be exposed??

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top